Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Landry’s price increases with Hopkins signing

Lol no way am I paying Landry anywhere near what he is going to ask for. I'm not breaking the bank for a guy that plays solely in the slot. Wish him the best, and collect the 3rd round comp pick.

What I've read on FinHeaven:
  • "I wouldn't trade Landry for a second rounder."
  • "I would want two second round picks for Landry."
  • "I wouldn't accept less than a first round pick for Landry. He's a future Hall of Famer."
  • "Jarvis Landry deserves to get paid like a #1 WR."
Etc...

Now? Five year contract valued at $81M, $49M guaranteed to a WR better than Landry, but of course that means Landry's price just went up.

IMG_2821.PNG
gtfoh

We're talking about a player who rarely ever stretches the field because he's slow and almost always gets caught from behind. He's scored 13 TDs since he's been here. In three years. THREE. An elite, #1 WR should get close to that amount of TDs or more in one season. Jarvis Landry is a very good slot guy. No doubt about that, but you want to pay a slot guy #1 money? I'm glad none of you are the GM.

We've been through it over and over on this forum. Some people never learn. Davone Bess and Brian Hartline came here, caught a lot of balls, and that was enough for some. They were overvalued by fans. Granted, Landry is better than those two (although an argument could be made for Hartline), but there's always a lot of arguments about what a slot WRs value is if he plays for the Dolphins. It should be obvious by watching the games.

I get it. We've gone a long time without consistent, dynamic production at the WR position, so anyone who comes in and catches 100 balls is viewed as a higher value player, TD and other telling stats be damned. Still, don't Dolphins fans watch other games? How do you watch teams with dangerous weapons and then say Landry deserves #1 money?

I don't blame Landry for wanting big money. I'd do the same. It's a violent sport. Get all you can while you can; however, Landry himself knows he's not a #1 WR. He knows exactly what a #1 WR looks and smells like. Odell was his teammate in college.

Last edited:
Maybe Gase telling Landry he wasn't going to be traded was a mistake. Now if we get a great offer like a late 1, what, Tannenbaum HAS to turn it down?

Love landry, but, I'd rather roll the dice with parker this season, see if he's the alpha we need him to be, then, it's easy to decide who you spend the money on. paying landry x amount of dollars next season, only increases the price it'll cost to keep parker, and you don't invest that heavily on one position of your team.

Come on. Landry is worth, and will get much more than the 4/$32 million ($20 mil guaranteed) Stills got. He'll get $12 million a year minimum
I agree, 5 year 60 million like AJ Green. Not the same talent, but a fair price for Landry's intangibles and skill.

No it doesn't lol.

Hopkins is an elite star WR, Landry is a slot WR. No comparison.

Landry and his agent do not agree with you and will approach negotiations with elite WR numbers as a starting point.
I'm a huge fan of Landry's, but unless he's willing to accept a reasonable offer from the team, I think they need to move on from him now and get the most in return. I would not wait until he hits FA.
That would mean him playing in another uniform this season.
Emotion has to be taken out of the equation. The Pats get guys like Brady and Edelman to play for less with the promise of wins. The phins need to get to that point and to do that you have to build a well rounded roster at reasonable contracts with creative management of the salary cap.
The Suh deal is what it is and there is nothing they can do now, but going forward, they have to be more pragmatic.

What I've read on FinHeaven:
  • "I wouldn't trade Landry for a second rounder."
  • "I would want two second round picks for Landry."
  • "I wouldn't accept less than a first round pick for Landry. He's a future Hall of Famer."
  • "Jarvis Landry deserves to get paid like a #1 WR."
Etc...

Now? Five year contract valued at $81M, $49M guaranteed to a WR better than Landry, but of course that means Landry's price just went up.

View attachment 9643
gtfoh

We're talking about a player who rarely ever stretches the field because he's slow and almost always gets caught from behind. He's scored 13 TDs since he's been here. In three years. THREE. An elite, #1 WR should get close to that amount of TDs or more in one season. Jarvis Landry is a very good slot guy. No doubt about that, but you want to a slot guy #1 money? I'm glad none of you are the GM.

We've been through it over and over on this forum. Some people never learn. Davone Bess and Brian Hartline came here, caught a lot of balls, and that was enough for some. They were overvalued by fans. Granted, Landry is better than those two (although an argument could be made for Hartline), but there's always a lot of arguments about what a slot WRs value is if he plays for the Dolphins. It should be obvious by watching the games.

I get it. We've gone a long time without consistent, dynamic production at the WR position, so anyone who comes in and catches 100 balls is viewed as a higher value player, TD and other telling stats be damned. Still, don't Dolphins fans watch other games? How do you watch teams with dangerous weapons and then say Landry deserves #1 money?

I don't blame Landry for wanting big money. I'd do the same. It's a violent sport. Get all you can while you can; however, Landry himself knows he's not a #1 WR. He knows exactly what a #1 WR looks and smells like. Odell was his teammate in college.
You lost me at hartline better than Landry boss.

While I agree that Jarvis doesn't deserve elite money, his intangibles (passion, toughness, leadership) along with his production, let's not forget he is one of the best slots in the league stat wise, mean that he should get paid.
If we want to get where we all want to go then we have to keep great/elite players. Great teams find a way, I want us to be great.

The Dolphins need to get a deal done with Landry. His value to the team is so much more than just stats. He ignites the offense with his style of play and personality. Plus, if he continues close to his current pace and stays healthy, Landry's numbers could put him in the Hall of Fame. That's not an unreasonable expectation.

If the team wants to make room money-wise, Stills has trade value and the recent play of Grant could certainly make him more expendable.

Spend the money. Get it done.

WHAT?!?!?!!? Those numbers are CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY.

Hopkins came into the league like a ball of fire, that is true. But he hasn't lived up to those standards recently. Injuries, no QB, there are reasons outside of him. But, committing that much money to Hopkins is just plain way over the top. That's an Albatross contract right there. It's an anchor around the neck contract. Unless the Salary Cap continues to skyrocket, I just can't see him finishing that one and Houston saying "we did well signing him for that."

But, yes, it does raise the bar for Landry's contract, which in turn seriously pushes him towards the exit door. :(

but there's always a lot of arguments about what a slot WRs value is if he plays for the Dolphins. It should be obvious by watching the games.

So you agree that Landry's value is substantial to us with him being top 3 on the team in snap count percentage in being involved in over 94% of the plays. Good. Don't forget about his ST contributions either.

You lost me at hartline better than Landry boss.

While I agree that Jarvis doesn't deserve elite money, his intangibles (passion, toughness, leadership) along with his production, let's not forget he is one of the best slots in the league stat wise, mean that he should get paid.
If we want to get where we all want to go then we have to keep great/elite players. Great teams find a way, I want us to be great.

An argument could be made doesn't mean Hartline is better than Landry. That's not what it means at all. Not sure why you're lost.

The Dolphins need to get a deal done with Landry. His value to the team is so much more than just stats. He ignites the offense with his style of play and personality. Plus, if he continues close to his current pace and stays healthy, Landry's numbers could put him in the Hall of Fame. That's not an unreasonable expectation.

If the team wants to make room money-wise, Stills has trade value and the recent play of Grant could certainly make him more expendable.

Spend the money. Get it done.

Trade a player who's better than Landry, eat $7M in accelerated bonus money, pay him more than Stills, and depend on a 5'6", 170lb WR who has never been a full time player in the NFL to be a full time player in the NFL. There is no end to the Landry gymnastics.

https://media.tenor.com/images/45af3835a9e5daa6eaafd410b06bc505/tenor.gif

If Gase is the smart coach, next genius in the making person that every one here is saying he is, Landry will get traded or Gase will let him walk and get the compensatory pick for him.

Back
Top Bottom