Larry Coker and Randy Shannon | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Coker and Randy Shannon

Dubfire said:
Nebraska, since dumping the option, has fared much better.

You clearly don't follow college football!

MikeO said:
Miami is in a tougher conference and can easily (if they haven't already) fall to the middle of the pack in that conference. A few years of that and you have another NEBRASKA situation on your hands and a once mighty power becomes just another football team.

USF is in a bad Big East. In only 9 years they have built a solid program that is only improving. USF only has to beat out like 2 or 3 teams to win their conference and go to a BCS game. Miami has to beat out like 9 or 10 other legit schools to win their conference......not to mention win a conference championship game which USF doens't have to deal with.

If USF finishes 1st or 2nd in the Big East consistently (very realistic) and Miami is the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC (also realistic) for a few years in a row, you will see a tilt in power in the state of Florida. I'm not saying it will be USF, UF, FSU, Miami in that order. I'm saying that USF will be on equal playing ground with those other 3 schools. They all will be competiing for the top talent in the state. And they will be on par with them in many areas.

Hey, look at how schools like Nebraska, ND, Oklahoma (until the late 90's), USC (until the past few years)...etc all have hit hard times in recent years. You don't think that can happen to Miami?!?! If you think that you are only kidding yourself. It's a slow and steady decline and before you know it, you are far from where you once were!

YEah we know Mike. It's cyclical. Miami is mediocre right now. Thats not to say they cant return back to 2001 form. As much as it is a steady decline, it can also be a steady climb. You are not saying anything we dont already know.

Dubfire said:
YEah we know Mike. It's cyclical. Miami is mediocre right now. Thats not to say they cant return back to 2001 form. As much as it is a steady decline, it can also be a steady climb. You are not saying anything we dont already know.

It will get worse before it gets better!

MikeO said:
You clearly don't follow college football!

Oops..I'm sorry. Didnt they just win a bowl game? THats a step in the right direction. It's how it starts. As much as it is a steady declined it's also a steady climb and it begins with winning bowl games. That attracts recruits.

MikeO said:
With the way South Flordia is on the rise there is a chance in a few years Miami could be the 4th best team in the state. I ain't joking, there is a legit chance that could be true in the near future!

The more posts of yours I read the more I realize you need to put the bottle down and step away before you can't type anymore.

Dubfire said:
Coker needs to go. He didnt earn this job remember. He got it handed to him because guys like Dorsey and Reed and Romberger demanded he be the coach to keep the continuity.

Ditto, people seem to forget that. I've disliked Coker even as the Offensive Coordinator. ha!ha! :sidelol:

Lowrider1984 said:
Ditto, people seem to forget that. I've disliked Coker even as the Offensive Coordinator. ha!ha! :sidelol:

Among the fans he was not a very popular OC. I remember anytime the Canes would lose, people would be calling the radio stations screaming for his head.

Well, he apparently has the support of Shalala, and the South Florida Media. But that will be changing soon because they are losing reasons to keep pampering the old guy.

BBB!

Back
Top Bottom