Larry Coker and Randy Shannon | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Coker and Randy Shannon

MikeO said:
The area I mean Florida. The whole state is loaded with talent! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
most miami players are from.....MIAMI. most USF players are from......TAMPA. notice the difference?

kastofsna120 said:
most miami players are from.....MIAMI. most USF players are from......TAMPA. notice the difference?

Miami is a NATIONAL program that recruits nationally. They have about 15-20 players from the "MIAMI AREA" on their team. The rest are from other parts of NJ, Texas, Cal, and other parts of Florida. :shakeno:

I just looked at USF's roster and it seems to me kids are coming from ALL OVER FLORIDA.I don't think Miami will ever fall below them but Miami better get their act together. The last 3 years they have lost to many games they shouldn't have. To UNC, Tennesee, Georgia Tech, Clemson and then getting blown out of the building last night. I understand you can't win it all every year but it seems like the last 2 or 3 seasons whenever Miami had a game they needed to win, the offense sputtered. It's one thing to lose to a Virginia Tech team, it's another when you have a chance to go to the ACC title game and choke at home against Georgia Tech. I don't know if it's Coker or not but if it is, he's gotta go. This team has been in prime position 3 years in a row and 3 years in a row things went wrong when it was on the line!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I just looked at USF's roster and it seems to me kids are coming from ALL OVER FLORIDA.I don't think Miami will ever fall below them but Miami better get their act together. The last 3 years they have lost to many games they shouldn't have. To UNC, Tennesee, Georgia Tech, Clemson and then getting blown out of the building last night. I understand you can't win it all every year but it seems like the last 2 or 3 seasons whenever Miami had a game they needed to win, the offense sputtered. It's one thing to lose to a Virginia Tech team, it's another when you have a chance to go to the ACC title game and choke at home against Georgia Tech. I don't know if it's Coker or not but if it is, he's gotta go. This team has been in prime position 3 years in a row and 3 years in a row things went wrong when it was on the line!

:yes:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:

Miami is in a tougher conference and can easily (if they haven't already) fall to the middle of the pack in that conference. A few years of that and you have another NEBRASKA situation on your hands and a once mighty power becomes just another football team.

USF is in a bad Big East. In only 9 years they have built a solid program that is only improving. USF only has to beat out like 2 or 3 teams to win their conference and go to a BCS game. Miami has to beat out like 9 or 10 other legit schools to win their conference......not to mention win a conference championship game which USF doens't have to deal with.

If USF finishes 1st or 2nd in the Big East consistently (very realistic) and Miami is the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC (also realistic) for a few years in a row, you will see a tilt in power in the state of Florida. I'm not saying it will be USF, UF, FSU, Miami in that order. I'm saying that USF will be on equal playing ground with those other 3 schools. They all will be competiing for the top talent in the state. And they will be on par with them in many areas.

Hey, look at how schools like Nebraska, ND, Oklahoma (until the late 90's), USC (until the past few years)...etc all have hit hard times in recent years. You don't think that can happen to Miami?!?! If you think that you are only kidding yourself. It's a slow and steady decline and before you know it, you are far from where you once were!

MikeO said:
Miami is in a tougher conference and can easily (if they haven't already) fall to the middle of the pack in that conference. A few years of that and you have another NEBRASKA situation on your hands and a once mighty power becomes just another football team.

USF is in a bad Big East. In only 9 years they have built a solid program that is only improving. USF only has to beat out like 2 or 3 teams to win their conference and go to a BCS game. Miami has to beat out like 9 or 10 other legit schools to win their conference......not to mention win a conference championship game which USF doens't have to deal with.

If USF finishes 1st or 2nd in the Big East consistently (very realistic) and Miami is the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC (also realistic) for a few years in a row, you will see a tilt in power in the state of Florida. It won't happen over night.

Hey, look at how schools like Nebraska, ND, Oklahoma (until the late 90's), USC (until the past few years)...etc all have hit hard times in recent years. You don't think that can happen to Miami?!?! If you think that you are only kidding yourself. It's a slow and steady decline and before you know it, you are far from where you once were!

:sidelol:

Dubfire said:
:sidelol:

Laugh just like Nebraska fans laughed when the notion of this was brought up to them years ago. Look at them now. Just happy to GET to a bowl game.

Your wrong again MikeO, the reason that Nebraska took a step back is because they finally got out of the 40's and decided to impliment a system that ISN'T the option. Nebraska was getting away with winning 9/10 games running the option but weren't winning a National Championship. They finally got out of the Osbourne era and entered the new millenium, that is why they have declined since their National Titles appearance in 01!

I dont think USF will ever be on the same level as miami, fsu, or florida for that matter

What I do know is I could have coached miami better than Coker last night

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Your wrong again MikeO, the reason that Nebraska took a step back is because they finally got out of the 40's and decided to impliment a system that ISN'T the option. Nebraska was getting away with winning 9/10 games running the option but weren't winning a National Championship. They finally got out of the Osbourne era and entered the new millenium, that is why they have declined since their National Titles appearance in 01!

Explain Penn St then? It just isn't Nebraska. There are a ton of once powerful schools that fell on hard times for many years. Oklahoma in the early/mid90's. ND of late. USC a few years back.

Sure, there is a reason for all. Tough for ND to recruit top plyaers..etc. And for Miami its going to be heading to the ACC. That move will hurt them in the long-run. But to say it can't happen to Miami. They can't fall from power....is crazy. They can and probably will.

MikeO said:
Explain Penn St then? It just isn't Nebraska. There are a ton of once powerful schools that fell on hard times for many years. Oklahoma in the early/mid90's. ND of late. USC a few years back.

Sure, there is a reason for all. Tough for ND to recruit top plyaers..etc. And for Miami its going to be heading to the ACC. That move will hurt them in the long-run. But to say it can't happen to Miami. They can't fall from power....is crazy. They can and probably will.

Those teams you named had great programs but it wasnt like it was here, where great player come back and talk to the new guys every year and the dedication to the program just wasnt the same there as it is here imo

Alex22 said:
Those teams you named had great programs but it wasnt like it was here, where great player come back and talk to the new guys every year and the dedication to the program just wasnt the same there as it is here imo

:confused: :confused: :confused: Miami is the ONLY program where old players return and talk to the new kids? WHat bubble are you living in?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MikeO said:
Laugh just like Nebraska fans laughed when the notion of this was brought up to them years ago. Look at them now. Just happy to GET to a bowl game.

Nebraska and Miami are two completely different programs. Nebraska's demise has more to do with their archaic offense they insisted on running for so long. Relying on the option (which no longer works) for too long has more to do with their demise than anything else. Notre Dame was smart enough to dump the option and theyre back. Nebraska, since dumping the option, has fared much better.

Miami runs a pro style offense and defense.

MikeO said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: Miami is the ONLY program where old players return and talk to the new kids? WHat bubble are you living in?:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not the ONLY team but the team with the most

Sapp, lewis, Andre Johnson, Ed Reed

The list goes on and on and just being able to say you produced that many players gets recruits

Ask any analyst and they will tell you miami's ex players dedication to the program is greater than any other in the country

Alex22 said:
Not the ONLY team but the team with the most

Sapp, lewis, Andre Johnson, Ed Reed

The list goes on and on and just being able to say you produced that many players gets recruits

Ask any analyst and they will tell you miami's ex players dedication to the program is greater than any other in the country

get out of the bubble dude!:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom