Larry Csonka in Tarrytown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Csonka in Tarrytown

coalesce

Dolphin Fan since 1974
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I just saw on Facebook that Larry Csonka will be in Tarrytown, NY (about 30 miles from where I live) on Saturday, February 25th for an autograph signing. I got all excited...until I saw that it was between $199 and $229 for an autograph (with an additional $49 for a four word personalized inscription) and $175 for a photo. I mean, I get it: he's a legend and he needs a revenue stream, so I'm hoping that perhaps the prices are set by the event organizers rather than by Larry and his representatives...but still. Those prices are a bit much.

I just saw on Facebook that Larry Csonka will be in Tarrytown, NY (about 30 miles from where I live) on Saturday, February 25th for an autograph signing. I got all excited...until I saw that it was between $199 and $229 for an autograph (with an additional $49 for a four word personalized inscription) and $175 for a photo. I mean, I get it: he's a legend and he needs a revenue stream, so I'm hoping that perhaps the prices are set by the event organizers rather than by Larry and his representatives...but still. Those prices are a bit much.
It’s cool he’ll be there but that’s pricey. I’d just go and not get the autograph!

Ridiculous. Charge everyone $50 to show up and he signs autographs. More than that, I'll just buy it on Ebay.

It’s called free market. You have a choice, no one is forcing you, they can charge what they want and think that they can get. I applaud it

Love Larry but he can have 199 **** offs. 🤣

I always hated the fact these famous ppl charge for **** like that... its ridiculous. I mean, unless the dude is straight hard up for cash, why do that? Maybe he shouldn't have been so stupid and joined the AFL and maybe he wouldn't be so hard up for cash... **** I love the guy but this kind of thing makes me lose respect for em

Again, we don't know who sets the prices: the event organizers or Larry's representatives. And yes, the free market determines how high the price goes, just as free will determines if I (or anyone else) go or not. For me, I'll sit this one out.

I always hated the fact these famous ppl charge for **** like that... its ridiculous. I mean, unless the dude is straight hard up for cash, why do that? Maybe he shouldn't have been so stupid and joined the AFL and maybe he wouldn't be so hard up for cash... **** I love the guy but this kind of thing makes me lose respect for em
He is doing it because he can. If fools wanted to pay many bucks for my autograph why would I stop them!!!

On ebay you can get his autograph from anywhere as low as 50 bucks to 250. If you wanna meet him then go, if you just want the signature get it on ebay.
Yeah but there's too many knock offs on ebay so no thanks. If you live near there it's fine but if you live in South Florida not sure the cost of it all is worth it unless he very rarely does it

I’ll never understand the logic of complaining about pricing when nobody is forcing you to attend or request an autograph. Couple that with the fact that the event producers, hosts, managers, agents, etc must all get paid, and the price is reasonable For a living legend.

A co-worker of mine back in the early 2000’s - great guy - was flying to Texas (can’t recall where) and he was in Houston airport when he realized he was sitting next to Don Shula and his wife, Mary Anne. They were in an airport cafe or restaurant - nothing fancy - regular “near the gate” type stuff. My buddy, quick on his feet said, “Hi, wow I know who you are! I’m Tony. Would you be so kind to sign my coaster?” Then he handed the pen and coaster to Mary Anne - who signed it. He said The Don and Mary Anne got big smiles / big kick out of it. And no charge of course :)

Back
Top Bottom