Larry Csonka in Tarrytown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Larry Csonka in Tarrytown

I always hated the fact these famous ppl charge for **** like that... its ridiculous. I mean, unless the dude is straight hard up for cash, why do that? Maybe he shouldn't have been so stupid and joined the AFL and maybe he wouldn't be so hard up for cash... **** I love the guy but this kind of thing makes me lose respect for em
You know what though… If I could I’d pay 199 to shake Larry Csonka’s hand and grab an autograph. He’s a Dolphin icon outta Syracuse Orangemen. Trust me I’d try get five minutes of discussion out of him too!

I’ll never understand the logic of complaining about pricing when nobody is forcing you to attend or request an autograph. Couple that with the fact that the event producers, hosts, managers, agents, etc must all get paid, and the price is reasonable For a living legend.
Yup and when I think of some of the things I waste my money on… Yeah I agree 100% with this.

I got his autograph for free 50 years ago. It's resting in one of these boxes somewhere.

I believe that was at Dinner Key Auditorium when the Dolphin basketball team played the Redskins basketball team. The players sat at tables around the perimeter near the entrance to each section. Csonka and Kiick were at the same table. I got Kiick's autograph also.

I believe I've told the story about getting Griese's autograph at a fish restaurant on South Dixie Highway. I felt like such a heel. My parents and sisters prompted me to do it. But as soon as I walked over there I could see it was inappropriate since the Grieses were in the middle of their meal. Bob slowly wiped his mouth with a napkin, then signed. But his wife Judi was staring at him in dismay, as if to say...I thought we agreed this wouldn't happen.

I'll never forget her expression.

Keep your money, coalesce
I already met him in 2012 for a 40th Perfect Season anniversary autograph session, so I'm good. I can tell you that he was every bit as warm and affable as I hoped he would be so if anyone does go to Tarrytown, I hope your experience is every bit as memorable as mine was.

Attachments

• Csonka 02-03-12.jpg
    Csonka 02-03-12.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Shula 03-03-12.jpg
    Shula 03-03-12.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 12
I always hated the fact these famous ppl charge for **** like that... its ridiculous. I mean, unless the dude is straight hard up for cash, why do that? Maybe he shouldn't have been so stupid and joined the AFL and maybe he wouldn't be so hard up for cash... **** I love the guy but this kind of thing makes me lose respect for em

It was the WFL that he signed for. You are way off. At the time Miami was paying him around $25,000 per year. The WFL offered him $1.4 million guaranteed.

He would have been a fool not to take the offer.

It was the WFL that he signed for. You are way off. At the time Miami was paying him around $25,000 per year. The WFL offered him $1.4 million guaranteed.

He would have been a fool not to take the offer.
Well then what the eff is his problem now?

Well then what the eff is his problem now?
Everybody’s gotta eat. That 1970s money is loooooong gone. People are routinely outliving their retirement savings and not enough people are looking into putting their money into investment products like IULs.

I already met him in 2012 for a 40th Perfect Season anniversary autograph session, so I'm good. I can tell you that he was every bit as warm and affable as I hoped he would be so if anyone does go to Tarrytown, I hope your experience is every bit as memorable as mine was.
Man talk about envious!

I feel really down not having anything in terms of memorabilia or **** even a hat or jersey to speak of. Had a hat when I was 14 but dog ate it. Never saw that dog again...

Anyhoo I thought I would console myself and get the Mrs one if these. Do you think Larry would sign it for free?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-130810-097.png
    Screenshot_20230219-130810-097.png
    75.5 KB · Views: 1
I don’t judge the old guys as harshly on this as the new guys…they just weren’t making crazy money yet!

Exactly, Csonka charging $200 for autograph while Cheetah is charging $2500 to throw him a pass.

Back
Top Bottom