Late First Round Targets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late First Round Targets

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
With San Francisco continuing to win, Miami's first round pick keeps getting lower. Thought we could discuss late first round possibilities. Here are some who could be available for the Dolphins.

DeMarvin Leal DT, Texas A'M
Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego St.
Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
David Bell, WR, Purdue
Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida St.
Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St.
Daniel Faalele, OT/OG, Minnesota
Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A'M

Last edited:
If someone isn't there that fell into our hands by sheer luck, I'd take our RB.

Edit: if Taylon Burks is there Id grab him but that is a low chance he makes it past pick #20.
Running back could be in play that late.

Would love Burks, but after Daniel Jeremiah's latest draft, I've kind of moved on from him.

I think there could be some interesting pass rush options available. Also, due to injury, Jameson Williams could fall into Miami's lap. David Bell is also a receiver I like.

I've leaned toward Hall after initially liking Spiller better. When I've done some mock drafts with PFF and PFN, I usually am able to get Cook in the 3rd and Robinson sometimes in the 4th. I like that combination for Miami.
Same here as far as spiller. I like Cook as well. Hopefully we can get him in round 4. I'm all in on drafting 2 RBs.
I love the idea of one beast back and a speedster.

So much depends on combine.
My favorite back in this class is Kennedy Brooks. It think we need two backs tho. Even if Grier signs Duke.

Last edited:
Trouble with picking that late it's hard to imagine anyone falling to us. You can still get great players but the big names are typically gone. Our best hopes imo are WR or C.
Just going over some mock drafts, I think there will be some good wide receiver options. Maybe Williams or Bell. Williams might be considered an injury risk, though, and Miami has enough of those. Is first round too high for Bell?

It is looking more and more like trading out of the back of R1 will be the best move but it is too early in the process to know what kind of talent might be there at 29-32 for the Fins to choose from.

I don't see them being in the position to move up in R1 as they are hardly "one player away" but they do have some extra picks so it will be an option.

I would love to grab Linderbaum or a big WR like Burks early but it will take a trade up to do that.

It is looking more and more like trading out of the back of R1 will be the best move but it is too early in the process to know what kind of talent might be there at 29-32 for the Fins to choose from.

I don't see them being in the position to move up in R1 as they are hardly "one player away" but they do have some extra picks so it will be an option.

I would love to grab Linderbaum or a big WR like Burks early but it will take a trade up to do that.
I agree. I think they might have to move inside the top 15 for either of those two.

Like you said, too early to know who might be available. But trading out of the first round could also be an option. I'd load up on picks for next year, just in case there isn't significant improvement from Tua.

Back
Top Bottom