Late First Round Targets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Late First Round Targets

With San Francisco continuing to win, Miami's first round pick keeps getting lower. Thought we could discuss late first round possibilities. Here are some who could be available for the Dolphins.

DeMarvin Leal DT, Texas A'M
Jameson Williams, WR, Alabama
Trevor Penning, OT, Northern Iowa
Chris Olave, WR, Ohio State
Nakobe Dean, LB, Georgia
Cameron Thomas, Edge, San Diego St.
Zion Johnson, OG, Boston College
David Bell, WR, Purdue
Jermaine Johnson, Edge, Florida St.
Jahan Dotson, WR, Penn St.
Daniel Faalele, OT/OG, Minnesota
Jalen Wydermyer, TE, Texas A'M
Would like to see you add...

Breece Hall Tailback Iowa St
Isaiah Spiller Tailback Texas A&M
Darian Kinnard OT Kentucky

To this list...

Otherwise pretty nice list SF.

Screw it. I'm voting Carson Strong in round 1 and either Breece Hall or Spiller in the 2nd round (Hall if hasn't been picked yet).
Let Strong sit 1-2 years behind Tua.

If we are somehow lucky enough to have Jameson Williams or Trevor Penning still on the board I would be thrilled. But I don’t see it happening.

If we are somehow lucky enough to have Jameson Williams or Trevor Penning still on the board I would be thrilled. But I don’t see it happening.
With the injury, Williams could be in play. Is that too early for Bell?

Screw it. I'm voting Carson Strong in round 1 and either Breece Hall or Spiller in the 2nd round (Hall if hasn't been picked yet).
Let Strong sit 1-2 years behind Tua.
What's the scouting report on Strong? I haven't paid attention to the quarterback position. I know it's not considered a "strong" class, but there's always someone who emerges.

I think Chase Garbers is the one who's going to emerge at QB. Arm strength, pocket awareness, ''improv'' game when things breakdown.

What's the scouting report on Strong? I haven't paid attention to the quarterback position. I know it's not considered a "strong" class, but there's always someone who emerges.

Carson Strong is a throwback, immobile, strong armed pocket passer. Think of the most immobile pocket QB’s you’ve ever seen like Drew Bledsoe or Landry Jones and that’s what Strong is. Although not as big as Bledsoe. I think he’s somewhere between those two as a prospect.

Bottom line is, you better have an offensive line to protect him if you draft him. He retreats straight back when pressured and can’t escape sacks. A statue.

Immobile, strong armed pocket QB’s like Bledsoe can still be a HOF caliber player in the NFL, but you better have a Ben Coates as his security blanket too. And a Curtis Martin to hand the ball to. And an offensive line that can block.

Can make all the throws to all areas of the field, but has to do so from the pocket. He’s can’t make the plays scrambling around that you see out of Josh Allen or Mahomes. But few can.

Carson Strong is a throwback, immobile, strong armed pocket passer. Think of the most immobile pocket QB’s you’ve ever seen like Drew Bledsoe or Landry Jones and that’s what Strong is. Although not as big as Bledsoe. I think he’s somewhere between those two as a prospect.

Bottom line is, you better have an offensive line to protect him if you draft him. He retreats straight back when pressured and can’t escape sacks. A statue.

Immobile, strong armed pocket QB’s like Bledsoe can still be a HOF caliber player in the NFL, but you better have a Ben Coates as his security blanket too. And a Curtis Martin to hand the ball to. And an offensive line that can block.

Can make all the throws to all areas of the field, but has to do so from the pocket. He’s can’t make the plays scrambling around that you see out of Josh Allen or Mahomes. But few can.
Thanks. I personally would build around Tua. But I have no issue bringing in competition. I'm thinking middle rounds, or wait until 2022.

Miami does need a better option as a backup than Brissett.

Back
Top Bottom