LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland

Shaq went to LA when the Lakers had nothing, he had a better chance to win in orlando through the 90s but he went to LA. They traded for Kobe on draft day the year they signed Shaq but no one knew what kobe would become. LA built around them for years before finally breaking through 4 years later.

As far as Boston, they acquired some vets heading towards the end of their careers seeking a title but last I checked none of them begged out, none were FAs and had a TV show to humiliate their former team.

Every team will have traded players and FAs on their teams, only one has a superstar FA who was afraid to put in the work to win one w/ his original team.

OK. So its OK if you win championships with other good players as long as you didnt specifically plan it that way. Do you even hear yourself? Whats the difference between intentionally pairing up with a great player and accidentally teaming up with a great player?

OK. So its OK if you win championships with other good players as long as you didnt specifically plan it that way. Do you even hear yourself? Whats the difference between intentionally pairing up with a great player and accidentally teaming up with a great player?

This is about Lebron w/ me. A guy who could be a top 5/top 10 all time player taking the easy way out to go to a ready made team. That is my problem. I have no probelm w/ Wade or Bosh, I have no problem w/ Riley or the Heat it's about lebron and as a basketball fan how disappointing it is to see such a great player take the easy way out to a title.

Shaq didn't leave Orlando b/c he was afraid to lead a team, he went to a team that was worse than the one he left. Lebron left b/c he was scare dhe'd never win in Cleveland which is an attitude a great player should never have.

This is about Lebron w/ me. A guy who could be a top 5/top 10 all time player taking the easy way out to go to a ready made team. That is my problem. I have no probelm w/ Wade or Bosh, I have no problem w/ Riley or the Heat it's about lebron and as a basketball fan how disappointing it is to see such a great player take the easy way out to a title.

Shaq didn't leave Orlando b/c he was afraid to lead a team, he went to a team that was worse than the one he left. Lebron left b/c he was scare dhe'd never win in Cleveland which is an attitude a great player should never have.

And he was never gonna win in Cleveland. Just look at the team they managed to assemble around him after SEVEN years. It was a joke. He gave them two contracts to give him some reliable help. They gave Lebron nothing. Nobody can win by themselves. Where was LeBron's Pippen in Cleveland?

And he was never gonna win in Cleveland. Just look at the team they managed to assemble around him after SEVEN years. It was a joke. He gave them two contracts to give him some reliable help. They gave Lebron nothing. Nobody can win by themselves. Where was LeBron's Pippen in Cleveland?

They won 60 games a year, they didn't win in postseason b/c Lebron couldn't handle the pressure. He didn't have great teams around him but he had teams good enough to win if he showed up when it mattered most.

Jorsan made Pippen, Pippen was only in his early 30s when he left Chicago and how much did he win w/o Michael? Heck, that Portland team was immensely talented- how come they didn't win? There are no great teams today, Lebron didn't need a Pippen against these watered down "great" teams. he just needed to be Lebron in big spots.

They won 60 games a year, they didn't win in postseason b/c Lebron couldn't handle the pressure. He didn't have great teams around him but he had teams good enough to win if he showed up when it mattered most.

Jorsan made Pippen, Pippen was only in his early 30s when he left Chicago and how much did he win w/o Michael? Heck, that Portland team was immensely talented- how come they didn't win? There are no great teams today, Lebron didn't need a Pippen against these watered down "great" teams. he just needed to be Lebron in big spots.

The playoffs are a different animal and you know this. A one man show was never going to beat the Celtics or any legitimate team with multiple stars. Never. Lebrons next best player was Delonte West lol. Just think about that. The same dude Coming off the bench for Boston this year.

Do you think Kobe is a top 10 all time player? WTF has he ever accomplished without another star by his side?

The playoffs are a different animal and you know this. A one man show was never going to beat the Celtics or any legitimate team with multiple stars. Never. Lebrons next best player was Delonte West lol. Just think about that. The same dude Coming off the bench for Boston this year.

Do you think Kobe is a top 10 all time player? WTF has he ever accomplished without another star by his side?

They are, the best players step up. Lebron failed to step up last year and facing another "one man team" in orlando 2 years ago he failed to step up as he celebrated prematurely like he won an NBA title again after hitting the last second shot in game 2.

The Celtics of the past few years were not GREAT teams, they were really good but far from unbeatable. There haven't been any truly great teams in a years- MAYBE SA, the Lakers in the early 00s. The quality of play in the Finals last year was brutal. he had chances to win in Cleveland, he failed to step up and put his team on his back.

They are, the best players step up. Lebron failed to step up last year and facing another "one man team" in orlando 2 years ago he failed to step up as he celebrated prematurely like he won an NBA title again after hitting the last second shot in game 2.

The Celtics of the past few years were not GREAT teams, they were really good but far from unbeatable. There haven't been any truly great teams in a years- MAYBE SA, the Lakers in the early 00s. The quality of play in the Finals last year was brutal. he had chances to win in Cleveland, he failed to step up and put his team on his back.

Im out. Get back to me when someone wins a title when their right hand man is Delonte West. I dont even know what to tell you if you look at Boston's roster last year, look at Clevelands last year and expected a different result. You are expecting LeBron to do something nobody in history has ever done. He isnt God.

Im out. Get back to me when someone wins a title when their right hand man is Delonte West. I dont even know what to tell you if you look at Boston's roster last year, look at Clevelands last year and expected a different result. You are expecting LeBron to do something nobody in history has ever done. He isnt God.

He didn't even make the Finals the last couple of years when he had top seeded teams. Tell me all the great players dwight Howard had around him 2 years ago?

I'm expecting Lebron to do what I expect top 5 type players to do and that's will their teams to titles. He took the easy way out, all time talent but CBA type competitor.

Game. Set. Match.

Give it up junk. You're the only person who believes this dribble you're spewing.

Da **** has Dwight Howard ever won? He knows he can't win in Orlando. And he'll either force a trade or Blane more teammates next season to make it look like it isn't his fault he bolted.

You can will people to certain things but greatness is not one of them. This is a team sport and you're demanding that one man do it all. Get real.

Game. Set. Match.

Give it up junk. You're the only person who believes this dribble you're spewing.

Da **** has Dwight Howard ever won? He knows he can't win in Orlando. And he'll either force a trade or Blane more teammates next season to make it look like it isn't his fault he bolted.

You can will people to certain things but greatness is not one of them. This is a team sport and you're demanding that one man do it all. Get real.

Game. set. match? that's nonsense, you are taking totally different situations. Lebron is on a level much greater than those other players besides Shaq and Shaq left a BETTER team, he wasn't scared to win in orlando but he had other reasons for leaving. I didn't like it for the league but it was very different from Lebron.

Dwight beat Lebron and his better Cle team 2 years ago. Just like Lebron celebrated beating an old, beat Boston team like he won the title he celebrated the GW shot in game 2of that series like he won the title. He doesn't understand what winning is about, that's why he was talking 5,6,7 titles at that ridiclous celebration last summer. he wants it handed to him.

If LeBron is on a completely different level than all of the others, then that right there should tell you how difficult it is for just one superstar to win it all in any given season. You have to be surrounded by a great team and have a great coach. LeBron had neither. LeBron had maybe one other AVERAGE player in Cleveland. And he didn't have a great coach.

Shaq left a better team lol? Orlando was good because of Shaq. All they really had was Hardaway. And we ALL knew what Kobe was going to be. Lakers had Phil Jackson. Talk about a dream team lol. Shaq knew what he was doing by going to a place he wanted to be AND be surrounded by another superstar and superstar head coach.

The years LeBron was in Cleveland was a fluke and everyone could see it. No one really thought Cleveland was going to win titles with those awful teams. I was ****ing stunned they even made the Finals. When they made the Finals, that's when I decided that LeBron was the best in the world. For him to take that trash to the Finals was just incredible. Talk about will power. It must really suck to go to work everyday knowing you work with a bunch of baboons and still get to the Finals.

If LeBron is on a completely different level than all of the others, then that right there should tell you how difficult it is for just one superstar to win it all in any given season. You have to be surrounded by a great team and have a great coach. LeBron had neither. LeBron had maybe one other AVERAGE player in Cleveland. And he didn't have a great coach.

Shaq left a better team lol? Orlando was good because of Shaq. All they really had was Hardaway. And we ALL knew what Kobe was going to be. Lakers had Phil Jackson. Talk about a dream team lol. Shaq knew what he was doing by going to a place he wanted to be AND be surrounded by another superstar and superstar head coach.

The years LeBron was in Cleveland was a fluke and everyone could see it. No one really thought Cleveland was going to win titles with those awful teams. I was ****ing stunned they even made the Finals. When they made the Finals, that's when I decided that LeBron was the best in the world. For him to take that trash to the Finals was just incredible. Talk about will power. It must really suck to go to work everyday knowing you work with a bunch of baboons and still get to the Finals.

Kobe has not been surroudned by a great team w/ the recent titles, some of the years Duncan won he wsn't surrpunded by great teams. Howard had veyr little around him whe he beat lebron and the Cavs, hakeem didn't have much around him. These are all excuses, he would have won in Cleveland at some point and would alreayd have a title if he had stepped up his game when it mattered most.

Shaq and Penny were better than sahq and anyone LA had at the time.

Kobe was the first non big man to go straight from HS to the NBA. No one knew he'd be as greata s he has been. if that was the case why did he fall so low int he draft? why did Charlotte trade him?

Junc, you really need to give it a rest. This is professional basketball not politics. Yea, Lebron could have gone down as a Cleveland legend, I mean a city could have been named in his honor when it was all said and done, but the man played out his contract and he wanted to play ball somewhere else. I don't see what the problem is. Yea if he held his team hostage then I could see a more justified criticism, but because in your opinion he is this almighty god, he should have stayed, but yet we see future HOF's like Garnett and Melo demand trades pretty much and that gets swept under the rug . . . I am not following. He was not obligated to stay. Didn't the man have like a 26 point quarter in the playoffs and still lose? Lebron is such a complete player, to have a sidekick like Wade next to him, it allows him to become a better defender, passer and rebounder.

IMO Wade is a much more natural scorer than Lebron . . . but Lebron is such a more complete player that it fits his game to have a guy like Wade next to him. I know people don't want to believe that, but it's true. This all sounds like a cryfest to be honest with you . . . do you really think the WAY he left Cleveland is gonna effect his legacy if he wins 5 rings in a row? Hell even if he only wins 3? Trust me it won't. He has the opportunity to create a dynasty here in Miami, something he will be remembered for much more than grinding out a ring in Cleveland, if that thought was even possible.

He apologized to Cleveland because he knows he let down alot of fans by not returning, but he isn't obligated to return once his contract is up. Pairing up 2 stars is the way of getting it done in the NBA in this day and age. The fans that now dislike him in Cleveland have been replaced by ones who LOVE him in Miami. It is just the way things go.

You of all people know that Dan Marino is the greatest QB of all time, but gets overlooked because he "stuck it out" and could never win that ring . . . just how Malone will start getting overlooked, just how Barkley gets overlooked and how Pat Ewing gets overlooked. Lebron faced a similar fate if he stayed in Cleveland and whether "his brand" required a change of venue or not, he played his contract out, giving him the opportunity to do whatever the **** he wanted. There won't be any asterisks in the record book saying "won title with Wade" . . . it will say "Miami Heat" won a title, its a TEAM sport, no matter how great you think one individual player is.

Kobe has not been surroudned by a great team w/ the recent titles, some of the years Duncan won he wsn't surrpunded by great teams.

I said I was out of this thread but god damn...I cant read something that monumentally stupid and let it fly. The Lakers had at least 4, probably 5 players aside from Kobe that were better than anyone on the Cavs roster other than Lebron. Thats a FACT. I honestly dont see how it can be argued. The Spurs teams had Ginobli, Parker, Horry, Robinson, and Bowen. The first two and Robinson were head and shoulders better than anything on the Cavs roster. The others you can make a case that they were.

Back
Top Bottom