LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James Apologizes to Cleveland

A) I'm taking your reference of The Canes being the greatest in the history of ever cause thats just an awesome sentence

and

B) Before a rebuttal about LDC putting their backs before the season started with the announcements of their ring promises and what not, that was meant for us Heat fans, not anybody else. I don't believe any other media outlet was called to their welcoming party excet Sun Sports. It wasn't like he went onto Letterman or Conan or ESPN and declared us the Champs. The Heat did it for their fans, not the nation. This is why I hate how Barkley chimes in and says they did it to themselves starting with the pep rally. What was Lebron supposed to tell us, "I just hope we stay above .500"

Fact of the matter is, everybody had somebody to help alleviate the pressure and i don't know why you and so many others are so quick to dismiss that notion. When Krause traded for Pippen, it was one of the greatest draft day trades to ever happen. Jordan was very lucky that that deal went down. I said it in a previous thread, Jordan is the greatest to ever play but he didn't exactly have the most talented of rosters to compete against. The Celtics, Pistons, and Lakers were all done by the time he won his first title. Detroit didn't make it back to the finals until this past decade.

Check this video out and if your still willing to dispute that Jordan didn't have that much help and that Scottie shouldn't be considered a top 50 player or that the 90's competition was really that tough then this thread is most definitley dead. I just found this vid but please focus more on minute 3:30 mark cause that goes with everything that I and many others have been saying about needing help.

[video=youtube;p57WjbKSoJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p57WjbKSoJ0[/video]

The 90s was watered down compared to the 80s which was the best decade ever in NBA history but the 00s were even worse than the 90s. Chicago would humilate any of these champions from this past decade w/ the exception of the eary 00s Lakers b/c they'd have no answer for Shaq. Those teams were nowhere near as talented as the Lakers, Celtics, Sixers or Psitons from the 80s but they had the greatest player of all time to carry them. Pippen would not be a 50 greatest player if he didn't play w/ Michael.

Pippen was one of the greatest defender's I ever saw hit the court. If they do a 75 year anniversary, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't on the 50 greatest players list, and I do think playing with Jordan definitely helped his legacy . . . but that won't be the case with Lebron. Lebron already has his legacy . . . winning multiple titles, whether with the "Heatles" or solo in Cleveland won't make a difference.

Pippen was one of the greatest defender's I ever saw hit the court. If they do a 75 year anniversary, it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't on the 50 greatest players list, and I do think playing with Jordan definitely helped his legacy . . . but that won't be the case with Lebron. Lebron already has his legacy . . . winning multiple titles, whether with the "Heatles" or solo in Cleveland won't make a difference.

Lebron's legacy is going to be taking the easy way out to a championship. Had he stayed and won in Cleveland he'd be almost on a level w/ Michael but that will never happen now. he'll win, he'll be an all time great but his legacy took a major hit last summer. he can rehab his legacy a bit depending upon how he wins these titles but it will be difficult.

Lebron's legacy is going to be taking the easy way out to a championship. Had he stayed and won in Cleveland he'd be almost on a level w/ Michael but that will never happen now. he'll win, he'll be an all time great but his legacy took a major hit last summer. he can rehab his legacy a bit depending upon how he wins these titles but it will be difficult.

But what you are failing to realize is, Lebron doesn't give a **** about what you think his legacy is. You don't think he knew he was gonna go thru this when he made the decision to go to Miami? Lebron WANTS TO WIN, and he gave himself the best chance of doing that by leaving Cleveland. Nothing else is relevant. The only way he was going to even enter the Jordan stratasphere is by winning "multiple" championships and he wasn't guaranteed that with Cleveland, now who knows how many he will win in Miami, if any, but atleast I respect the guy for playing out his contract and making a decision evolved around winning.

But what you are failing to realize is, Lebron doesn't give a **** about what you think his legacy is. You don't think he knew he was gonna go thru this when he made the decision to go to Miami? Lebron WANTS TO WIN, and he gave himself the best chance of doing that by leaving Cleveland. Nothing else is relevant. The only way he was going to even enter the Jordan stratasphere is by winning "multiple" championships and he wasn't guaranteed that with Cleveland, now who knows how many he will win in Miami, if any, but atleast I respect the guy for playing out his contract and making a decision evolved around winning.

Lebron wants to win the easy way, I don't think he expected the backlash he got. If he did he never would have put on that dopey TV show to announce it.

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

:lol:

Let me guess...he would have WILLED his team to victory!

That's what he did w/ Pippen so why couldn't he do it w/o him? He had no help at all in the late 80s pre-Pippen become a productive starter and he still had his teams competitive w/ some great teams.

Jordan doesn't win **** without Pippen.

To take that even further, I don't think they win 3 straight w/o Rodman either. All the great teams had great role players, hell just go back to the 94-95 Rockets . . . yea they had Drexler and Olajuawon, but they had guys like Sam Cassell and Robert Horry, guys who if not on that team don't win those rings. The Spurs teams always had good role players in addition to Duncan/Parker. Hell the Heat had Zo and Posey doing damage off the bench, they don't win that series w/o those players. Yes the superstars can lead you to the playoffs, even get you into the finals, but you need role players to win that ring, and there isn't a team in history that won a championship w/o significant contributions/plays made by teammates.

To take that even further, I don't think they win 3 straight w/o Rodman either. All the great teams had great role players, hell just go back to the 94-95 Rockets . . . yea they had Drexler and Olajuawon, but they had guys like Sam Cassell and Robert Horry, guys who if not on that team don't win those rings. The Spurs teams always had good role players in addition to Duncan/Parker. Hell the Heat had Zo and Posey doing damage off the bench, they don't win that series w/o those players. Yes the superstars can lead you to the playoffs, even get you into the finals, but you need role players to win that ring, and there isn't a team in history that won a championship w/o significant contributions/plays made by teammates.

Zo was along for the ride, a lebron type ona a much lower scale. he hopped on Shaq and wade's back after he stole money from the Nets and Raptors.

They win '96-'98 w/ or w/o Pippen. They may not have been as dominant but they would have found ways to win like they always did no matter who the surrounding cast was in the 90s.

You can't win by yourself no matter hown great you are but Michael made players around him so much better and while the cast changed on the 2 3peat teams they kept winning b/c of Michael.

You're a Yankees, Tar Holes and Jets fan?

No wonder you suck.

That's my only input on this thread. Goodnight.

Back
Top Bottom