LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER... | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LeBron James...PROOF that Loyalty DOESN'T MATTER...

I'll tell you whats good for the NBA. Owners like Arison, Phrokorov(sp), Holt, Buss etc... NOT guys like Dan Gilbert who bought the team cause he saw a young kid that would make him Millions. Owners that surround themselves with personell who will stop at nothing to bring a championship to their franchise and not just cash in on celebrity. Thats whats good for the NBA

When did I say they don't work? They work damn hard, it's very different work than what a regular job entails. They don't have to be at an office at 7:30 or 8AM, they aren't stuck for 10+ hours in an office(or someeone working longer in a different type of job), they get 3-4 months off after the season, they are also coddled w/ 1st class travel and accomodations. It's not a regular job and it's not comparable to what the average person does. They work extremely hard and deserve every penny they make but they have no idea what real hard work is compared top a regualr job where most people might be earning $50,000 or $100,000 dollars compared to the millions most make in the NBA.

So they work really hard but have no idea what real hard work is. And you complain that people don't understand what you write?

No, that is horrible article cause what he's insinuating is doing away with contracts and edging closely to slavery with players. When Lebron was in Cleveland, they didn't want to see a Cavs vs. Lakers final. The people wanted a Lebron vs. Kobe final. I remeber a couple of years ago George Karl accused the refs and the NBA of making bad calls cause nobody wanted to see the Bucks in the finals. He was right. That would have been one of the lowest rated Finals in history.

The majority doesn't care about the small markets. Lebrons Nike contract went from something along the lines of $90 mil t0 $125 mil cause he went from a small market to a bigger market. Jason Whitlock is right, this is one of the most exciting seasons in the nba. The bubble isn't bursting for a while. I bet your happly about the D-Will trade aren't you?

Slavery:lol2: I wish I could be a slave for $100 million and have 3-4 months off, film commericals and never have a care in the world. They don't have to play NBA basketball, they can make millions playing overseas. it's insulting to call it slavery.

W/o the small markets we don't have leagues.

The Finals last year btw the 2 marquee teams in the sport was the worst played Finals I have ever seen, the basketball was atrocious.

I am not a big NBA fan, I have soured on it over the years b/c the level of athlete has gone through the roof while the level of play has sucnk through the basement. yeah I'm happy the nets got Williams but I'm not a diehard like I am for the other 3 teams in my sig.

So they work really hard but have no idea what real hard work is. And you complain that people don't understand what you write?

I'm pretty sure you guys get it, it's not that difficult to understand but you refuse to acknowledge it b/c your heroes are NBA players.

By the way, great job by Mr. clutch again last night. When will Miami learn to get the ball in Wade's hands w/ the game on the line?

Slavery:lol2: I wish I could be a slave for $100 million and have 3-4 months off, film commericals and never have a care in the world. They don't have to play NBA basketball, they can make millions playing overseas. it's insulting to call it slavery.

W/o the small markets we don't have leagues.

The Finals last year btw the 2 marquee teams in the sport was the worst played Finals I have ever seen, the basketball was atrocious.

I am not a big NBA fan, I have soured on it over the years b/c the level of athlete has gone through the roof while the level of play has sucnk through the basement. yeah I'm happy the nets got Williams but I'm not a diehard like I am for the other 3 teams in my sig.

I'm pretty sure you guys get it, it's not that difficult to understand but you refuse to acknowledge it b/c your heroes are NBA players.

By the way, great job by Mr. clutch again last night. When will Miami learn to get the ball in Wade's hands w/ the game on the line?

Just cause they get paid a **** ton of money doesn't mean that hes not implying, not outright saying, but implying that these players should be slaves to the team they get drafted by.

And without big markets, basketball wouldn't even be watched. Nobody gives a **** about the small markets, not even back in the day when ball was good.

And stop that whole NBA players are our heroes. I don't give two ****s about any type of celebrity or sports athlete and don't get heart broken when we find out they may have raped someone, pick up high school girls, or commit adultery. Nothing pisses me off more than suggesting that these guys should be held to any different type of standard as a human being

I agree 100% about Lebron taking the final shot. It shouldn't be him but damn do you sound like you live just outside of Cleveland. Get off his jock and quit smiling when you see him miss a shot. The man can't win with haters like you.

Just cause they get paid a **** ton of money doesn't mean that hes not implying, not outright saying, but implying that these players should be slaves to the team they get drafted by.

And without big markets, basketball wouldn't even be watched. Nobody gives a **** about the small markets, not even back in the day when ball was good.

And stop that whole NBA players are our heroes. I don't give two ****s about any type of celebrity or sports athlete and don't get heart broken when we find out they may have raped someone, pick up high school girls, or commit adultery. Nothing pisses me off more than suggesting that these guys should be held to any different type of standard as a human being

I agree 100% about Lebron taking the final shot. It shouldn't be him but damn do you sound like you live just outside of Cleveland. Get off his jock and quit smiling when you see him miss a shot. The man can't win with haters like you.

It's not even worth debating the slavery comment.

Many small market teams have much better fanbases than Miami has, that gets lost in Lebron fever but the heat do not have a good fanbase.

The Nets are considered a large market team and they have one of the worst fanbases in the league, they'll have money behind them now b/c of Prokorov but if they don't start winning and he doesn't start making money how long will that last? The Nets made the Finals twice in the last 10 years and still no one around here cared about them and they play in the NY market.

You guys are acting like you worship these guys, defending everything they do like you still have their posters on your walls.

Who is asking them to be held to a different standard? You called them slaves, that is as asinine as it gets. You are expecting them to be treated like the common man and that's just not fair.

I'm just pointing out facts, it was the same way in Cleveland. That's why they celebrated that game 2 shot against orlando like it was the first GW shot in the history of basketball and they couldn't recover from that celebration.

It's not even worth debating the slavery comment.

Many small market teams have much better fanbases than Miami has, that gets lost in Lebron fever but the heat do not have a good fanbase.

The Nets are considered a large market team and they have one of the worst fanbases in the league, they'll have money behind them now b/c of Prokorov but if they don't start winning and he doesn't start making money how long will that last? The Nets made the Finals twice in the last 10 years and still no one around here cared about them and they play in the NY market.

You guys are acting like you worship these guys, defending everything they do like you still have their posters on your walls.

Who is asking them to be held to a different standard? You called them slaves, that is as asinine as it gets. You are expecting them to be treated like the common man and that's just not fair.

I'm just pointing out facts, it was the same way in Cleveland. That's why they celebrated that game 2 shot against orlando like it was the first GW shot in the history of basketball and they couldn't recover from that celebration.

First of all, I didn't call them slaves. I said that writers, and unrealistic fans are acting as if they shouldn't have any type of say in where they play just cause they got drafted by one team. What that article and most unrealistic fans are suggesting is to do away with free agency and contracts just to keep everybody happy. Stop putting words in my mouth and saying that I called them slaves.

And it has nothing to do with the fan bases of whatever small town being a better fan base than down here. It has to do with the majority of the world that watches the sport pays attention to the bigger markets. If Kobe played for the Bucks at the beginning of his career do you honestly think he'd be the best selling jersey around the league? Its marketing. Even when the Lakers were losing all those years Kobe's jersey was still #1 in sales.

I'm not defending anything they do, I just understand it. I'm not unrealistic about it. I wanted him to stay in Cleveland but said I would understand if he left to go to New York. Its more exposure. Did I like his choice in how he let the world know where he was going? Hell no I didn't. As a matter of fact, I was critical openly critical of it the second they announced when it was going to be aired and the fact that it was dubbed "The Decision". Was I happy he said he was coming here, hell yes. How could I not be. But I respect the way he handled his career better than the way Melo has. Atleast James had free agency when he decided to leave the Cavs. Melo acted like a brat during the whole process and was given free agent privledges without being a free agent.

And this just confuses me:

Do you think they should be held to a higher standard or don't you? Should I care what they do off the court in their own personal time or shouldn't I?

Again, I'm not really a fan of the NBA, I like and watch individual players mainly because I used to play. The Heat just so happen to be my favorite team so nothing is blinding me in how I feel about Lebron or any other player

Yep except we aren't paid millions while getting 3-4 months of the year off. Williams wasn't fired, he was traded.

And back to "what they make" you go. Doesn't matter what they make. What you make is what you make. Who cares.

Again, sounds like nothing but financial envy from you.

First of all, I didn't call them slaves. I said that writers, and unrealistic fans are acting as if they shouldn't have any type of say in where they play just cause they got drafted by one team. What that article and most unrealistic fans are suggesting is to do away with free agency and contracts just to keep everybody happy. Stop putting words in my mouth and saying that I called them slaves.

And it has nothing to do with the fan bases of whatever small town being a better fan base than down here. It has to do with the majority of the world that watches the sport pays attention to the bigger markets. If Kobe played for the Bucks at the beginning of his career do you honestly think he'd be the best selling jersey around the league? Its marketing. Even when the Lakers were losing all those years Kobe's jersey was still #1 in sales.

I'm not defending anything they do, I just understand it. I'm not unrealistic about it. I wanted him to stay in Cleveland but said I would understand if he left to go to New York. Its more exposure. Did I like his choice in how he let the world know where he was going? Hell no I didn't. As a matter of fact, I was critical openly critical of it the second they announced when it was going to be aired and the fact that it was dubbed "The Decision". Was I happy he said he was coming here, hell yes. How could I not be. But I respect the way he handled his career better than the way Melo has. Atleast James had free agency when he decided to leave the Cavs. Melo acted like a brat during the whole process and was given free agent privledges without being a free agent.

And this just confuses me:

Do you think they should be held to a higher standard or don't you? Should I care what they do off the court in their own personal time or shouldn't I?

Again, I'm not really a fan of the NBA, I like and watch individual players mainly because I used to play. The Heat just so happen to be my favorite team so nothing is blinding me in how I feel about Lebron or any other player

To even post the word "slave" or "slavery" is wrong. Even if certain people don't wnat them to have FA they still aren't slaves.

Lebron had every right to leave Cleveland, that has never been my criticism of him. It was more disappointment that he wasn't up to the challenge in Cleveland. I wanted him to stay and win it in Cleveland and I think he would have won a championship in Cleveland eventually.

Yes, I think if Kobe played for the Bucks he would have been a superstar and lebron is the perfect example playing in Cleveland.

By the time the Lakers were "down"(for them) Kobe had won 3 titles already and established himself as maybe the best in the game.

When you say higher standard I take that to mean they need to do things regular people don't need to like not breaking the law- that isn't my point. Us regular citizens shouldn't drink and drive or cheat on our spouses either. When I say they are different it's b/c they are, they are in the spotlight and one of the biggest reasons they make so much money is b/c they are in the spotlight and fans watch games, attend games, buy merchandise, etc...They do not lead lives like the common man, unless they are totall irresponsible w/ their money they aren't facing the same problems that many people face(not necessarily you or I but the population in general). Their jobs are not normal jobs and therefore cannot be compared to "normal" jobs.

I take nothing personal. I like you jree, I think you are good poster. We are just sharing our opinions.

And back to "what they make" you go. Doesn't matter what they make. What you make is what you make. Who cares.

Again, sounds like nothing but financial envy from you.

I have already acknowledged I would love to make what those guys make as I am sure we all would. This debate has nothing to do w/ that, they do not have normal jobs. It's not even debateable. I am all for these guys making as much money as they can, they deserve every penny they get but they also have a unique skill which allows them to make so much- they are NOT normal, they do not have normal jobs.

Slave was just used for lack of a better word. I don't know how else to put it when I listen to some of these fans and writers write about how Lebron or whoever should never leave the team that drafted them. It may not be what your saying but it is what some people are saying and thats whats bothering me about the whole scenario.

As far as him winning in Cleveland, I don't think it was ever going to happen no matter what as long as Dan Gilbert was the owner. He's the perfect example of an owner who only cared about keeping his star happy so he can captilize on his status. Whether he wins the whole thing or not didn't matter to Gilbert cause he knew he could feed off the loyalty of Cavs fans. He's still doing it. Some of the Cavs fans that are from Cleveland that I'm friends with tell me the same thing, Dan Gilbert is great at talking but thats about it.

I have absolutley nothing against you and thats why I keep contributing to threads with you, even though its like banging my head against a wall just like you probably feel the same when we respond. Its also why I've never resorted to name calling or personally attacking you or your family like some others.

Now what?

lebronsmallestviolin-1.gif

LeBronjumps-1.gif

boshshower_medium-1.gif

The metrosexual Mike just talking about how Cleveland fans feel deceived, abandoned and lied to by LeBron - here's my email to them:

Greenie, forgot the butt-hurt feelings of Cavalier fans over losing one player.

More pertinent are the feelings of a whole universe of Seattle SuperSonic fans who supported that mostly frustrating and under-performing team through thick and thin only to lose the entire carpetbagging team to a city of what so far are merely fair-weather fans who have paid no dues. Let's keep it real here!

Now what?

lebronsmallestviolin-1.gif

LeBronjumps-1.gif

boshshower_medium-1.gif

This wasn't unexpected, we knew they were going to win titles. This is why he signed w/ a ready made team but notice they didn't win until he stepped up just like they would ahve if he stepped up in Cle. What's funny is throughout this possteason at various times the excuses were already forming about the cast around him and the coach but all it took was lebron playing like reg season lebron like I told you for years.

Congrats and enjoy the title.

This wasn't unexpected, we knew they were going to win titles. This is why he signed w/ a ready made team but notice they didn't win until he stepped up just like they would ahve if he stepped up in Cle. What's funny is throughout this possteason at various times the excuses were already forming about the cast around him and the coach but all it took was lebron playing like reg season lebron like I told you for years.

Congrats and enjoy the title.

LOL @ These backhanded silly compliments.

Dude won 66 games in Cleveland and he "didn't step up."

Jordan leaves Chicago, Chicago goes to the Eastern Conference Finals the following year without him.

LeBron leaves Cleveland, Cleveland struggles to win 12 games.

Yeah, he didn't step up at all.

Seriously, junk...listen to yourself speak this morning.

Print out the next thing you type and have someone in your office read it to you so that you can hear how nonsensical it sounds coming from someone else.

LOL @ These backhanded silly compliments.

Dude won 66 games in Cleveland and he "didn't step up."

Jordan leaves Chicago, Chicago goes to the Eastern Conference Finals the following year without him.

LeBron leaves Cleveland, Cleveland struggles to win 12 games.

Yeah, he didn't step up at all.

Seriously, junk...listen to yourself speak this morning.

Print out the next thing you type and have someone in your office read it to you so that you can hear how nonsensical it sounds coming from someone else.

In the reg season he did not enough in postseason or he would have won by now.

The Bulls made the East semi's not the East Finals the year after Jordan and Chi didn't have the injuries and they weren't as blinsided by Michael leaving as Cle was w/ lebron taking the easy way out.

Michael would never have left Chi to join forces w/ other top players. he had too much confidence in himself and was too competitive to take the easy way out.

Back
Top Bottom