Leftovers re: Duke, Carolina, etc | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Leftovers re: Duke, Carolina, etc

Besides the other reasons I’ve given as to why fans bad mouth Duke, it’s also because fans like you insult other people’s favorite teams. If Duke is as classy as you say, then its fans, like yourself, should try to be just as classy as the team. I only responded to you because you, not just started this, but kept it up to the point that I got sick of it. I understand the whole “Go to Hell Carolina!†stuff, don’t have a real problem with it, because as you might know, “go to hell, Duke†is occasionally part of our fight song. That said, you probably wouldn’t have walked up to my face in the street, and said it three times, if you didn’t know me. So what gives you right to do so on a Dolphins message board? I dealt with that and for the most part jabbed back just a little. But couple that with the “simple math†crap and the other remarks made in this thread and you are just begging for someone to take you on. So go ahead and enjoy your teams success and try and show some class while your at it for Chrissake. Just for the record, Jamison and Carter and our last final four squad was not “10-15†years ago and Julius Peppers entered the NFL from UNC two years ago, so UNC continues to be successful, talented athletes are coming out of our school and we are coming out of very rare slump in basketball even beating your Duke squad last year that “always†wins.

As far JamesOn Curry is concerned, he is Doherty’s recruit, not Roy’s. To make matters worse for him, we only have 3 scholarships to give next year and he is one of four signings. This turn of events actually takes the pressure off Roy if everyone on the team now wants to come back next year. The sad thing here is not for Carolina, it's for the kid himself. If they renounce his scholarship, he has certainly F’d-up a great opportunity that he will always regret. I really hope your not taking joy in all of this because it supposedly hurts Carolina. No doubt, it would be interesting to see him play, as he is the all time leading Scorer in NC high school b-ball. But it really doesn’t hurt us as much as it does JamesOn. Like Duke, there are plenty of top notch players more than willing to take a roster spot. As far as Duke athletes not getting in trouble that’s bull$h1t. Your basketball team has been clean, or at least not caught, recently but in 1999 they had a football player get arrested for robbing a man in a wheelchair at gunpoint. I’lltake a pot smoker anyday. It happens everywhere so don’t think that Duke butt is “pimple free.†Doing so only makes everyone hate Duke worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Lord, don't you have anything better to do than write 10 paragraphs per post about a college rivalry?

Besides, let me remind you of something. YOU were the one that got all pi$$y. I just posted a simple question of "what is there to hate about the Blue Devils?" and you just lost it. I never insulted NC until you started posting crap.

That’s a bunch of baloney. Btw, look whose talking! Mr. 1185 posts averaging 4.19 per day. You must not have anything better to do either.

Like I said, Duke fans have no class. Is that short enough for you????

Originally posted by TarHeelPhinfan
That’s a bunch of baloney. Btw, look whose talking! Mr. 1185 posts averaging 4.19 per day. You must not have anything better to do either.

:couch:

Post count smack is lame. I post a lot, but that doesn't mean I don't do anything else.

I am not sure whether you are ignorant or brainwashed. The first group of Dook fans, the ignorant, are unaware of how unclassy Coach K really is. The myth perpetuated by the media is that of a dignified statesman. In reality Coach K, like his mentor Bobby Knight, is foul-mouthed, immature and classless.

The second group of Dook, brainwashed, are generally alumni who overlook his shortcomings because of his coaching genius. Success has gradually eroded any concerns.

The truth is Dook is one the premier programs in the country, they graduate their players and they don't run a dirty program... but don't tell me there is no reason to hate Dook. Coach K is an A-hole like Stienbrenner. Their students, while entertaining at times, often exhibit extremely poor taste. They also choke more than Kentucky and Kansas combined.

As a Dolphin fan i feel dirty to have a Dookie in the family.

Show me proof that coach K is not classy.

Do you remember the Duke/Kentucky tournament game when Leattner hit the last second turnaround shot? Coach K got on the Kentucky sendicate radio station and told their fans and students to hold their heads up high after the game. He said no one deserved to lose the game, and they were both great and classy schools.

Yeah, he's such an A-hole.

in your ****in eye Dukies!

btw, Go Terps!, got a BIG, much needed win at NC State...now we just have to beat UVA at home and the selection committee might give us a chance

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
We're still getting a #1 seed after we beat unc and win the ACC tourney AGAIN.
Duke has looked awfully shaky the last few weeks...don't see them winning it this year

Back
Top Bottom