Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let Starks walk, move Odrick inside, sign or draft pass rushing DE

The BFF of the guy in your Sig took quite a pay cut to take his talents to south beach lol, but I wanted to point out the part in bold that leads me to believe that is Irelands kind of WR and hardly goes for the explosive kind of player but more of the bigger/physical receiver. Also going a little back I wanted to point out that even though bowe had/1% more drop % than marshall they were hardly in the caliber of marshall in the sense of the horrid drops he had in the endzone quite often last year. Most were outside of the endzone from what I read/see. He proved not s long ago he is a threat in the endzone and the leading receiver in TDs which half of them were purely YAC. I think he seriously needs a change of scenery from KC, I couldn't stomach the feeling of being drafted to KC and that whole mess. Either way I would only want Bowe/Jennings they are both much more complete receivers than wallace and will get paid the most out of all 3 IMO

Fore the lulz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27dQ-CaGJgw

gotta remember... no state income tax in florida.. so LBJ and dwyane wade took a pay cut relative to the max deal from miami.. but in reality if he left and signed the max deal elsewhere.... the actual amount of money would have been about equal and he gets to try for a ring every year; not a bad move on his part

It can be totally argued that a change of scenery will help Bowe, I just am a believer that more often than not he is the player he is. And also, lets be real here... although KC has been a graveyard this year, are the Dolphins really that much of a paradise that we will turn a "high prized" free agent into a player who actually performs.... its not like we have a swell history of having success in that regard lol

bottom line that you and I agree on is that Mike Wallace will command the most money most likely. If I had my pick from a pure skills and upside standpoint taking into account age and NOT money... im going Wallace. Jennings.. then Bowe. But all things considered, my wishlist is Jennings, Wallace, then Bowe. I'm just not a believer in his game relative to what I think he will end up making this year from some team willing to pay him top dollar. With that said, you and Hoops have a higher regard for what he brings and its absolutely a fair viewpoint.

I'm just shaking in my boots thinking about the possibility of us botching this offseason when it is so crucial to the next step this franchise needs to take... would be a Dolphins thing to do.

I would prefer to keep Starks but he will demand a lot of money. Odrick should do fine in the middle with Saliai. Ideally it would be re-sign Starks and trade Odrick, and draft/sign a DE opposite of Wake. Id love to have Wake and Avril down here.!

If you are trading Odrick at $700,000 each year for the next 2 years and keeping Starks, you better be getting a top 40 pick in return. You have to let these draft picks produce with these cheaper contracts if you expect to maintain a healthy cap.

gotta remember... no state income tax in florida.. so LBJ and dwyane wade took a pay cut relative to the max deal from miami.. but in reality if he left and signed the max deal elsewhere.... the actual amount of money would have been about equal and he gets to try for a ring every year; not a bad move on his part

It can be totally argued that a change of scenery will help Bowe, I just am a believer that more often than not he is the player he is. And also, lets be real here... although KC has been a graveyard this year, are the Dolphins really that much of a paradise that we will turn a "high prized" free agent into a player who actually performs.... its not like we have a swell history of having success in that regard lol

bottom line that you and I agree on is that Mike Wallace will command the most money most likely. If I had my pick from a pure skills and upside standpoint taking into account age and NOT money... im going Wallace. Jennings.. then Bowe. But all things considered, my wishlist is Jennings, Wallace, then Bowe. I'm just not a believer in his game relative to what I think he will end up making this year from some team willing to pay him top dollar. With that said, you and Hoops have a higher regard for what he brings and its absolutely a fair viewpoint.

I'm just shaking in my boots thinking about the possibility of us botching this offseason when it is so crucial to the next step this franchise needs to take... would be a Dolphins thing to do.
I'm not so sure how wallace is more skilled than jennings even at this current age. Wallace catches with his body a lot, not a good route runner and bowe/jennings certainl are better, better size than jennings but no where near as aggressive to go for the ball like jennings/wallace. Only thing I give wallace over jennings is 2inches in height, speed, and age but jennings has much better intangibles and skills and is a lot more aggressive even for his size. He's had a pretty mediocre season with big ben and has had more drop issues than bowe including in the end zone.

I'm not so sure how wallace is more skilled than jennings even at this current age. Wallace catches with his body a lot, not a good route runner and bowe/jennings certainl are better, better size than jennings but no where near as aggressive to go for the ball like jennings/wallace. Only thing I give wallace over jennings is 2inches in height, speed, and age but jennings has much better intangibles and skills and is a lot more aggressive even for his size. He's had a pretty mediocre season with big ben and has had more drop issues than bowe including in the end zone.

i was alluding more to the fact that he is younger and truly has game breaking speed. if I needed one player for a year... i would take Jennings over him. But as far as long term futures are concerned.. you gotta go Wallace and hope his game rounds out. I mentioned to Hoops earlier though that the main reason i wouldnt love paying Wallace the giant sum is because i feel like he may have plateaued already and what you see from him now is what you would get.. which is a good receiver but not all pro top money worthy.

i agree we must do everything we can to sign starks, he never complains the ultimate team player! WE NEED MORE LIKE HIM ON THIS TEAM!

I can't take watching Sean Smith play. He's always burned and can't tackle.

Re-sign Starks. Let McDaniels walk. Move Odrick back inside and sit Soliai on 3rd downs. Draft a pass rush DE or let Vernon develop.

You don't just let the anchor of your Defense and D-line walk out of town.

+1

All things aside, Bowe defiantly does not do ANYTHING to take the top off the defense. He is a smaller version of Marshall, but like Marshall he lacks the speed necessary to force the D out of a red zone defense that we have played against for most of the season.

All things aside, Bowe defiantly does not do ANYTHING to take the top off the defense. He is a smaller version of Marshall, but like Marshall he lacks the speed necessary to force the D out of a red zone defense that we have played against for most of the season.

:bobdole:

Speed isn't the only thing that "takes the top off" a defense.

Back
Top Bottom