Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's all boycott ESPN!! Aren't you tired of that Network!!???

I stopped watching ESPN for NFL long ago, and especially when Berman happens to be on- wouldn't wanna know what a bills fan thinks about my team.

I like to watch the CBS NFL shows w/ Dan and crew- naturally charismatic, personable, experienced, and fun personalities. I just like to hear them talk about anything at all.

And then the Miami Dolphin website pre and post shows w/ Jesse and crew for more in-depth Fin stuff. Plus fun to chat w/ other Finfans next to the online video of show- and sometimes the show's cast chats back to you during the show. I also like how you can call in and ask a them a question. Interactive and fun. ESPN seems poor on Fin coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
outside of live games, i havent watched that **** in years. No need for a boycott. Occasionally if im extremely bored i will put something on from that network, but usually its just for laughs.

x2

I stopped watching years ago. Especially when Tom Jacksons and Chris Bermans mouths move you can smell the BS through the screen.

Fox is revamping SPEED Channel (Fox owns SPEED) and it will become Fox Sports One. It will no longer be a 24 hour racing channel. They hope to rival ESPN. Maybe theres hope?

Sadly, it seems most here need validation from the Main Stream Sports media.

I don't even care if ESPN was the Dolphins flagship station and everything they said during the week was 100% positive and fantastic. There is not a bigger con than ESPN and all of their shows on TV all day everyday.

LULZ @ The number of Dolphin fans desperate for attention from the iconic ESPN.

Win football games. Be relevant to the landscape of the NFL. Get noticed.

Too many high school nerds wanting to sit at the cool kids table in the cafeteria when they bring nothing to the table but their trombone and haven't built up their reputation. We need to pull some fire alarms or pick a fight with a bully.

Move along.

I hate to be the blatantly obvious man, but no ones going to give a **** about us until we do something. And that means playoffs. We havent won a play off game in like a decade. We had one good season where we went 11-5 but that more and more to the media seems like a fluke and a result of Tom Brady tearing his acl. In this business it's "Missouri" as my dad always said, "The show me state". The jets get coverage because they have been to the afc championship game 2 years running. You don't hear them saying anything about the browns, or Jacksonville. Respect has to be earned, just like money. We will get our respect, joe philbin and Ryan tannehill, our no name top 10 defense. It's a good time to be a dolphan people. The dolphins will speak by actions, and will not be persuaded by words.

Since I got the NFL channel a few years ago the only time I watch ESPN is to watch the MNF games.

I hated sports center, they read the highlights from queue cards with inane little jokes that are written by OTHER people.

Chris Berman is one of those guys who just didn't age very well, like Bob Costas only much worst.

ESPN was actually better than NFL Network up to the point where the real refs came back. They both suck. I just look for football online now.

I'll start by saying alot of us who grew up with ESPN since the early 80's probably have all faded from watching ESPN just because they so often seem they are bigger than the sport they were covering and their personalities and egos got in the way of what we the fans were expecting out of them in any sport.

Its hard to boycott a station that is responsible for helping so many different sports be brought to the spot light.But ESPN doing that watered down themselves and spread themselves so thin in what they use to be able to do and cover, even having ESPN2 and all the other sister branches they offer.

In todays world just like politics you must gather your news everywhere possible.We have it made now days having so many stations on cable and DTV and of coarse the internet.If you cant find what you are looking for,you aren't looking hard enough IMO.

Am I the only one who watches ESPN/NFL Network and enjoys it? Could give 2 ****s what their commentators think about the Dolphins.

Press is slowly coming back around. If you win they have to take notice and have to be more objective. Let's get to 3-3 for the bye week and see what kind of press we get then.

I'm at the point that I could careless what the hell the press says anymore about anything.

I don't care if they talk about Miami or not but I do wanna see their highlights besides just one play and they saying in shocked fashion that the dolphins won the game. I don't think Miami has ever been on that blitz segment since they started it with Berman and Uncle Tom Jackson lol

I, too, have noticed ESPNs lack of equal reporting. I have just emailed ESPN and said as much on their comments section.
Maybe instead of a boycott, flood them with emails.

I, too, have noticed ESPNs lack of equal reporting. I have just emailed ESPN and said as much on their comments section.
Maybe instead of a boycott, flood them with emails.

You guys realize that ESPN is in the ratings business, correct? Their job is to get eyeballs to the TV set...not peddle bad football highlights to make a couple of people happy. That turns off more viewers than it generates. Even if ESPN had competition, they'd do the same exact thing. Dolphins aren't exactly a hot button issue right now in case some of you missed the fact that we've sucked for several years.

Again, win games, get noticed.

Emails lol. Way to pester those ESPN interns working for free doing gopher work.

Back
Top Bottom