Lets ask Boomer and CK!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets ask Boomer and CK!!

So you think that 2 from Beck, edwards, Kolb and Stanton will fall into day 2?

Not happening.
Yeah, Russell, Quinn Edwards and Stanton will go on the first day. Kolb and Beck won't make it in the top 100. There's no way all six are going in the first 60 as you said.

did just hear that correctly or was it a typo?

"Jay Feeley is one of the best kickers in the game".

maybe in Britain, best= worst? and thats not a racial comment, so please dont take it that way...i just dont see how ANYONE can say Feely is one of the best.:confused:

Yeah, Russell, Quinn Edwards and Stanton will go on the first day. Kolb and Beck won't make it in the top 100. There's no way all six are going in the first 60 as you said.

OK. :rolleyes2

I think you're in for a very big shock.

did just hear that correctly or was it a typo?

"Jay Feeley is one of the best kickers in the game".

maybe in Britain, best= worst? and thats not a racial comment, so please dont take it that way...i just dont see how ANYONE can say Feely is one of the best.:confused:

He's an 80% kicker who played two solid years in the most difficult kicking environment in football and averaged 83 and 85% for those two years. He's got a 55 yard leg and is, like a lot of kickers, getting better with age.

OK. :rolleyes2

I think you're in for a very big shock.
Well you never know what people will do on draft day but I would be shocked if six went in the first 60. Most NFL observers are calling this year's crop one of the worst they have seen in years. I tend to agree.
Quinn and Russell are shoe-ins for the first round but after that it gets sketchy. 6 in the top 60? Not happening.

the top 60 isnt even the top 2 rounds. you say kolb and beck wont make in the top "100" and then say theres no way they all go in the first "60". WTF???

okay they wont all go in the first 60 (equiv to the first 2 rounds) but im pretty sure all 6 will go on DAY 1 of the draft which is the top 100 picks.

1st round: quinn russel
2nd round: edwards, stanton, beck
3rd round: kolb

1-Quinn
2-Sidney Rice
2-Eric Wright or Josh Wilson
3-Andy Allenman
4-Enoka Lucas

How about dat.

the top 60 isnt even the top 2 rounds. you say kolb and beck wont make in the top "100" and then say theres no way they all go in the first "60". WTF???

okay they wont all go in the first 60 (equiv to the first 2 rounds) but im pretty sure all 6 will go on DAY 1 of the draft which is the top 100 picks.

1st round: quinn russel
2nd round: edwards, stanton, beck
3rd round: kolb

I can't see beck going in the 2nd round for sure. Not many teams are gonna want a qb who is already 25. Age is important as a prospect espeically at the qb position where he is gonna have to take a year or 2 to learn the system. Granted hes a good prospect and a quick learner, i think a lot of teams are gonna shy away from his due to his age. Some1 could take a shot at troy smith in the top 3 rounds also.

Boomer or CK...do you see us drafting a Kicker? i really like Mason Crosby, and who knows if he falls due to poor performance in the combine. i really dont think Feely is the answer, nor is Prater. Perhaps someone like Nick Folk can be drafted since he has both punting and kicking experience.

Well since we signed another overpiced kicker to replace our overpriced kicker I'm sure the fins will pass on kicker, we definately may need to draft a punter.

Hey Boomer, I respect your outlook on the draft a great deal.Why do you like Sidney Rice at WR rather then Johnnie Lee Higgins in the 3rd to later rounds ? Just wondering . thanks :D

Hey Boomer, I respect your outlook on the draft a great deal.Why do you like Sidney Rice at WR rather then Johnnie Lee Higgins in the 3rd to later rounds ? Just wondering . thanks :D

The question over Rice is can he play flanker? I think he can, although I know some don't. But look at his numbers - he ran a 4.41 at the Combine at 6034 and an even 200lbs. Straight off the bat that makes me think he can play there. I think it's not really up for debate that Robert Meacham can play that position and Meach ran a 4.42 and a 4.47 in Indy and then ripped a 4.41 at the Vols Pro Day in front of Mueller. Rice chose to stand on his Combine time. Buster only ran a 4.44 in Indy and as Meach ran the fastest time at the UT Pro Day, he clearly didn't match Rice's time, whilst Gonzo busted a 4.33 and a 4.38, I don't ever see him playing up to that speed and he never makes a big play. I see him as a possession type and not a number 1, whereas I can envisage Rice being that in time. One thing that, whilst not concerning me, interests me is that Rice's 2nd time was 4.50. That's quite a large differential between 1st and 2nd run. Only Reggie Ball, a converted QB had a bigger two time differential and frankly I don't count Ball's time as he's not going to factor in at the next level. I bet if I looked at TB and CB, the other two high speed positions, there wouldn't be a .09 differential. (OK, so I was wrong, Tyrone Breckenridge of Wazzu and Chaz Williams of Louisiana Monroe had .10 and .09 differentials at CB.) But the point remains.

When I watch him, he can get down the field and he's not afraid to give his body up for the ball. He gets to top speed in a hurry, but when you expect him to shift up a gear, he lacks that elite gear to really run away from people. But he's a long strider and as I said, he has a lot of TO in his game, although he looks a little high cut and could do with filling out that frame some up top. A guy with those measurables should be bigger than a flat 200lbs, I could see him in the 212/215 range without any discernable loss in speed. And you can't knock the exceptional hands.

I think you HAVE to have some form of reservations about a WR coming out of that Spurrier system. But he was no mug coming out of high school - I think I remember correctly that he was the #1 rated offensive player in the state and was snared by Lou Holtz. This is a highly recruited kid who was down to SC, Florida, Miami, Tennessee, Georgia and Syracuse. And of course, playing in Spurrier's system rather than Holtz's means he's more liable to be a product of the Fun 'N Gun or whatever The Visor is calling his offense these days, but look at those other teams on that list; three of the four biggies are Georgia, Miami and Tenneessee, all running pro style systems. They had to believe that he wasn't going to be simply a guy that would flourish in a specific, rare type of offense. Also, he only played 2 seasons, which makes me think that any traits he's learned, can be unlearned.

People say he struggled some in 2006 and he did, but he certainly didn't drop off the face of the earth. In 2005 he had 70 receptions for 1,143 yards (16.3 avg.) and 13 touchdowns, whereas last year he had 72 receptions for 1,090 yards (15.1 avg.) and 10 touchdowns. That's 2 more grabs, 53 less yards and 3 less touchdowns. What I did note of interest was how he played Chris Houston in 2006. In 2005, he struggled and was held to 4 catches, although one was a monstrous TD leap in the back of the endzone. In 2006, he dominated Houston, had him in fits to the tune of 7-126. And of course, Houston man handled every high round WR he faced this year.

I think he needs to fill out and hit the weight room to get up to around 210/212 adding about a stone of muscle, but I think he can be a player at the next level. As I said, he has great hands, but he's still raw in all aspects of his game, so I wouldn't expect a lot out of him in year 1. As for Higgins, I'm not a huge fan. I think he's a big fish in a small pond, but I just don't see him as a big time WR at the next level.

Here is my current thinking with a week to go before the draft.

Trade down from 9 with Pittsburgh so they can grab Brown or Staley (who they apparently love). Pick up an extra 3 by doing so.

1. Ted Ginn, Jr., WR: Dolphins need playmakers. He plays fast and will bring a sorely needed big play element.

2A. John Beck, QB, BYU: Let's hope Ozzie Newsome doesn't grab him for Baltimore. Cam may be able to work him into a Drew Brees type. His age is a concern, but he still could be a 10 year guy. Good moxie and accuracy, acceptable arm--similar traits to Brees who also came out of a spread college offense.

2B. Eric Weddle, S, Utah: This guy is flat-out terrific. Can cover and play the ball. Dolphins need that in the secondary in the worst way. Perfect fit.

3A. Doug Free, OT, N IL: Lack of functional strength is a major concern. Long arms and nice frame coveted by Houck and Cam.

3B. Quincy Black, OLB, UNM: good speed and Miami needs youth in the linebacker core.

4. Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue: physical guard who Hud can coach up.

6A. Adam Podlesh, P, MD: great leg and good athlete, but not the smartest punter yet. Miami could also look to the kid out of LSU.

6B. Michael Allan, TE: good speed but small school background is a hindrance. Miami needs to draft a TE. Spaeth or Chandler may be good fits earlier as well.

7A. Dedrick Harrington, ILB Mo, could help on special teams, and Miami needs youth at 'backer

7B. Marquice Cole, CB Northwestern: developmental guy who can run

7C. Gabe Hall OT Tex Tech: we need a 3rd o line prospect

I would be ECSTATIC with that draft.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom