Lets ask Boomer and CK!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets ask Boomer and CK!!

I like the fact that you are hitting all the "need" positions, and not "strictly' selecting BPA, at least, that's the way it looks to me. :evil:

But each of those players could be BPA at those picks, if any of them are still on the board at those picks.

I would love that draft.

its probly because they are not accurate enough to put it where they want to

..and I think you are right, it is hard to do two things at the same time I guess. If you shoot for inside the 15 (Which is where punters are taught to aim for as it is thought that a 10 yard bounce is pretty common) than it is to shoot for one side of a RIGHT triangle created by the sideline and the 5 yard line.
I grew up with a kid that practiced hitting the corner, he practiced day and night....when High School came along, he was tiny for a punter, but dang if he couldnt nail that "Coffin Corner", and in fact, even when he was kicking out of his own end-zone, he went for nailing the side-marker as deep as he knew he could kick. No return Nate we used to call him...

why was stanton's jr season a lot greater than his last

05 - 11g , 67% 354 att , 3077y , 22td , 12 int
06 - 11g , 61% 269 att , 1807y , 12td , 10 int

MSU were better in 2005. In 2006 he had a pair of concussions, a lot of niggling injuries and the OL play was really medicore

trent edwards , is he an interception waiting to happen?

4 years , 35g , 36td , 33 int

I'm not a fan, personally.

which player would impact our offense the most

levi brown or ginn jr

and why?

Well, Brown would be drafted to start at LT, and hopefully he'd play every snap. Ginn's impact would be more obvious. Depending on whether Anthony Alabi can start at LT, Ginn might be the more impactful.

Well, I'm not sure about your numbers but there are a few QBs in this year's draft that could go late and teams will get really good value for them. Rick Gossellin says that it's a very average QB class though, and a lot of NFL network guys are saying it's not a tremendous year. I personally think that this year's class is nothing special, with the exception of Russell. He could be special.

Not sure about my numbers? How's Russell, Quinn, Kolb, Trent edwards, John Beck, Drew Stanton, straight off the bat?

Hey guys one spot that no1 is really paying attention on here is our defense of secondary. There could be some really good talent there in the 2nd round and i think thats one of our weakest areas. Do you think we'll take some1 on the first day and which safeties and db's fit our defense system the best? Does a guy like merriweather, who has a boatload of talent but could slip on draft day fit in with the guys we have now?

Well, you're looking at guys who can play man - so a Chris Houston or an Aaron Ross are corners we would be interested in, whilst a Daymeion Hughes, a zone corner, isn't.

Meriweather I think will not be picked by Miami - just too many question marks off the field. Cameron had a long meeting with Don Shula about the very point of getting guys with good character, so whilst he's a good player, I don't think we'd pick him.

Not sure about my numbers? How's Russell, Quinn, Kolb, Trent edwards, John Beck, Drew Stanton, straight off the bat?
I'd be very surprised if all those you listed go in the first 60 picks.

To the point where you would pass on Quinn this year Boomer? If we take a qb this year, then Colt is out of the question next year.

You'd never pass on a player because you like a guy coming out the following year. So much can happen - you could win the SB and put you out of his reach or he could get injuured, etc.

I was thinking the same thing. Boomer or CK, what are ur thoughts on Brandon Meriweather at #40

Good player, can play some corner, but his off field issues might preclude us from going there.

Hmmmmm. I ask myself this question every time I see some guy try to have his runners get it at the 5...Why dont more guys go after the coffin corner? (Not really expecting an answer, just me pondering out loud):wink:

It's just not a discipline that gets taught so much anymore and so kids don't practice it.

Boomer or CK...do you see us drafting a Kicker? i really like Mason Crosby, and who knows if he falls due to poor performance in the combine. i really dont think Feely is the answer, nor is Prater. Perhaps someone like Nick Folk can be drafted since he has both punting and kicking experience.

No. Jay Feeley is one of the best kickers in the game. With the money invested in him, there's no way we draft one.

Yeah, but I think 4 QBs in the first 100 is more likely than 6 in the top 60. Can't wait till next weekend.

So you think that 2 from Beck, edwards, Kolb and Stanton will fall into day 2?

Not happening.

I would not touch Stanton or even Edwards in round 2.

I have seen alot of Stanton, and whilst he is a good athlete, he does just enough to lose games. His intangibles are awful, doesn't see the field well, makes losing plays etc. Can Cam fix those issues? I wouldn't want us to try.

As between Beck and Kolb, the logical choice would be Beck over Kolb. My sense is that they are better prospects than Edwards and Stanton.

Back
Top Bottom