Lets ask Boomer and CK!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Lets ask Boomer and CK!!

Boomer, I have a question about Kolb. Most Qbs who come from shotgun offenses struggle in the NFL under center. Why shouldn't teams be worried that Kolb would flop under center like those that have preceded him?

I think it's a concern. But Kolb has worked very hard with Jerry Rhome under center since the end of the season. He looked smooth in his Pro Day from under center and he's apparently shown the requisite foot quickness and body control in his drops that the NFL is looking for. But you really won't know too much until he's facing live bullets. All that said, it's not like he's not played from under center at Houston, because he has, regularly, so whilst there's a concern, it won't be that big.

Because there's a lot more to Beck and Kolb than a Combine workout. That said, Beck especially had a very good Combine. This is a good year for QB's.
You think the QBs had good combines or you think it is a good year for QBs in general? Most NFL scouts and draft experts are saying this a very average year for QBs. They say there may be good value in later rounds but that overall the class is weak.

You think the QBs had good combines or you think it is a good year for QBs in general? Most NFL scouts and draft experts are saying this a very average year for QBs. They say there may be good value in later rounds but that overall the class is weak.

Beck had a good Combine.

It's a good year for QB's.

You know most NFL scouts do you? Othewise how would you know what they think? You have Quinn, Russell, Stanton, Beck, Kolb, edwards, Troy Smith. All have starting ability in the NFL. That's a pretty good year. All but Smith could go in the first 60 picks. That's a pretty good year. Quinn, Russell, Kolb, Stanton and edwards could go in round 1.

So no, I don't think it's a weak class.

Do you feel we would have to use a pick to get him? Which one if so...

Thanks for spending your afternoon with us Boomer...err actually its probably evening over there, but thanks all the same.

Yes, probably a 6th. But he may go higher. He achieved a punter's nirvana last year, the 40 yard net. He's old school, a coffin corner kicker. He's had three kicks over 80 yards and 6 over 70 in 4 years.

Beck had a good Combine.

It's a good year for QB's.

You know most NFL scouts do you? Othewise how would you know what they think? You have Quinn, Russell, Stanton, Beck, Kolb, edwards, Troy Smith. All have starting ability in the NFL. That's a pretty good year. All but Smith could go in the first 60 picks. That's a pretty good year. Quinn, Russell, Kolb, Stanton and edwards could go in round 1.

So no, I don't think it's a weak class.
No I don't know any NFL scouts. There are lots of experts though that are not rating this class as being very strong.

That's so tough. They all, I think, have starting ability in the NFL. What bothers me with Stanton is that he's probably TOO intelligent. He's a very, very bright kid. But that works against him, because he's over analytical to the point of distraction. He takes a bad play with him into the next one and so on and so forth. But he's also shown the first round grade throughout his career.

Beck I can't help but like. In my post 2006 draft thread in VIP last year, I highlighted Beck and Rowe as 2 QB's to watch. John had an excellent season and I've said it a million times, he reminds me of Rich Gannon with a much better arm.

Kolb is an interesting guy. He has that sort of lazy delivery, that quirkiness to his motion, but he's very effective, very accurate and both he and Beck especially are Cameron's kind of passers.

So who do I prefer?

Colt Brennan.

;)

That's interesting about Stanton. I like the fact that he's smart, but maybe it's more important to think quickly, a la Dan Marino, than be smart per say. I get the feeling that a coach like Cameron could do him some good in the mental aspect of the position. Thx for the info, it puts a new twist on Stanton for me.

No I don't know any NFL scouts. There are lots of experts though that are not rating this class as being very strong.

You have 6/7 QB's who could go in the first 60 picks. That's pretty good.

That's interesting about Stanton. I like the fact that he's smart, but maybe it's more important to think quickly, a la Dan Marino, than be smart per say. I get the feeling that a coach like Cameron could do him some good in the mental aspect of the position. Thx for the info, it puts a new twist on Stanton for me.

;)

why was stanton's jr season a lot greater than his last

05 - 11g , 67% 354 att , 3077y , 22td , 12 int
06 - 11g , 61% 269 att , 1807y , 12td , 10 int

trent edwards , is he an interception waiting to happen?

4 years , 35g , 36td , 33 int

which player would impact our offense the most

levi brown or ginn jr

and why?

Sorry thread-starter. If you want the real insight, might wanna sign up for VIP. Well worth the admission, and you will see these and similar topics discussed at length.
What's that mean? That if you ask a question on this site and you aren't a "vip" member you can't get an answer. Or that the answer you would get would be so much wiser on the "vip" site.

You have 6/7 QB's who could go in the first 60 picks. That's pretty good.
Well, I'm not sure about your numbers but there are a few QBs in this year's draft that could go late and teams will get really good value for them. Rick Gossellin says that it's a very average QB class though, and a lot of NFL network guys are saying it's not a tremendous year. I personally think that this year's class is nothing special, with the exception of Russell. He could be special.

why was stanton's jr season a lot greater than his last

05 - 11g , 67% 354 att , 3077y , 22td , 12 int
06 - 11g , 61% 269 att , 1807y , 12td , 10 int

trent edwards , is he an interception waiting to happen?

4 years , 35g , 36td , 33 int

which player would impact our offense the most

levi brown or ginn jr

and why?

Put brady Quinn or russel at stanford and they would have done no better with that team. Stanford was awful. His stats were pretty good for a team with the record they had.

Back
Top Bottom