Let's say Landry walks... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's say Landry walks...

Who knows what Miami will do. You can never tell with this organization.

But where we disagree is the value of Jarvis Landry to this team. I think 14 million AAV is not a deal breaker. Sure I would like him at 12, but I also understand allowing JL to reach free agent status this was the risk and for people to think it is some outlandish sum, I think you'll see several teams step up to pay it if Miami decides not to franchise tag him or reach a deal with him prior to free agency.

I also think if you have that type of production for 4 years on a 2nd round rookie contract . . . a team should feel "better" about giving him a big number for his second contract. You think it means I condone all players doing that . . . no. Jarvis has given you the goods for 4 seasons . . . to squabble over a 1 million or 2 seems trivial IMO when we are in a league where guys sign 5 year deals and in year 2 they want new deals. Juice came to work every day, did not hold out, was durable and productive and I think when you factor in a rising cap and the WR market in general . . . . 14 million is not a "greedy" number. It is market value.

But it is ok to disagree. Even if it gets heated, its respectable still.
Of course is respectable. I've always like to read what you post about any player or coach. I can say this tho. My reason is not really about money per se. I just don't want the offense to have him as our number 1 target, specially when we just targeted him 160 times. It gets you nowhere imo. We have 4 years of doing that and it has gotten us ONE playoff game in which we got destroyed. That's really my problem there. If they give him that type of money then it means they want to continue to target him way more than anyone else and that will give us the same result we've gotten the last 4 years.

Ozzy rules!!

If Landry leaves we trade Parker for draft picks (something I have spoken against) and draft Sutton........I kind of like that.

Slower Stephon diggs makes sense. Believe diggs ran 4.39

I think James Washington is more golden Tate

The miller kid reminds me of the wr we took years ago I think he was from Washington state tore his acl and was basically done after. Finesse type.

Don’t love it for the slot

Diggs ran 4.46. He wouldn't have lasted till he did had he run a 4.39.

Funny they're both Terps.

I see Landry as his comp through and through.

Who knows, that Maryland offense has steadily been so bad I wouldn't surprise me if Moore fell to day 3 like Diggs. Someone would be getting a steal... Again.

I see some Antonio Brown in Miller

Parris Campbell would also interest me.

He had it hard too at Oh St surrounded by playmakers and no QB.

Moore was atleast the go to guy, so was Miller PLUS he had Riley Ferguson throwing him rainbows.

Ferguson would be real nice if someone fixed his short-intermediate game and pocket poise/awareness.

Moore is listed at 5'10 215 lbs. He's significantly bigger than Diggs, and I think you can make the case that Diggs/Boldin is a better comp than my initial suggestion of Diggs/Tate. He's extremely smooth and physical, and he's much more dynamic than Landry.

Of the WR's whose birthdays have been made public, these are guys born in '96 or '97:

Auden Tate 2/3/97
Eq St. Brown 1/1/96
Christian Kirk 11/18/96
DJ Moore 4/4/97
Michael Gallup 3/4/96
James Washington 4/2/96
DJ Clark 9/23/96
Keke Coutee 1/14/97
Deontay Burnett 10/5/97
Malik Turner 1/30/96

I initially was just going to post DJ Moore's age to highlight how young he is. But, I'm also very high on Michael Gallup. Either Gallup or Moore in the 3rd would be outstanding value. And, Malik Turner is not on anyone's radar (far as I can tell) after a down 2017. Because he's missed a couple games each of the last two seasons, and because Illinois' passing offense has been poor, he could go undrafted, but, when healthy, he was very good in 2016, and he presents legitimate upside - smooth, good ball skills, nice frame, and he's still young. Because of his speed and size, DJ Clark probably goes in the first 2 rounds (little rich for me), but if he were to fall to Day 3, he'd be an excellent value - more of a deep threat/Parker replacement than a slot/Landry replacement.

http://finheaven.com/threads/all-the-young-dudes.345348/

Back
Top Bottom