Let's say Landry walks... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's say Landry walks...

If he leaves then plenty of options in this draft and even in free agency but no point getting into who exactly just yet. Will wait for the combine but I agree we need a darn TE

Ozzy rules!!

If Parker balls out then we lose stills after 2018. Id eat the cap if I couldn’t trade him

That’s how I look at it

Or if they grade out all top 5 worthy I’m keeping them and cutting cap elsewhere.
Going to be hard for Parker or Stills to reach their top if we get targeting Landry 160 times a year. Maybe if Landry goes the other guys will reach their potential. I'm not blaming Landry here tho. Just saying it'd be time to get two other guys more targets

Ozzy rules!!

I have to think the writing was on the wall during the off-season that they didn’t want Landry.

Extending Kiko when they didn’t have to?
Giving Branch that ridiculous contract?
Signing Stills to $12 million?
Even bringing Thomas was probably an attempt to take receptions away from Landry.

In retrospect it all seems to say thanks but no thanks to Landry.

I wish him all the best though and hope he gets paid every dollar he can.

Yea if the Landry/Stills/Parker trio puts in 3000+ yards and 24+ touchdowns in 2018 . . . I agree you find a way to cut cap elsewhere. Lots of potential dead weight to drop in 2019 . . . you don't worry about how much you are paying your wide receivers if they are a top tier group in the NFL. Keep your strength a strength

If Kenny’s dead cap is 3.5 than we have the out and leverage that we need to sign juice and pick up Parker’s 5th year option

Do it.

I've tried very hard to not discuss this but now I feel I should. Letting Landry walk is a mistake. Yeah he's not a top5 WR but he's a damn good one. There is no guarantee his production can be replaced. He's a 2nd round pick that has the production of a 1st. Name me one WR who has the production he has and his team him walk after their rookie deal? As much as Tannchise hates it, Tannehill will be our starter next year... Why the **** would you let his favorite target leave? I don't care he's not Julio. I don't care he's not Brown. I care he is a proven, legit receiver. One of the best in the league. When was the last time We had a player that every fan of every team would love to have? We give that up and all we can do is hope we have someone that can be one to replace him. But hope isn't an ingredient for something concrete. I'm sick of falling back on hope.

I have to think the writing was on the wall during the off-season that they didn’t want Landry.

Even bringing Thomas was probably an attempt to take receptions away from Landry.

Stills is only 4/32

Both Kiko and Branch can be jettisoned after this season if they don't step their game up. Thomas was brought in because they needed a TE and Gase was familiar with him.

There is no conspiracy here. They clearly want Jarvis Landry . . . question is are they willing to pay for his services after getting arguably the biggest discount in the NFL through 4 seasons.

I think the contracts to Branch and Kiko were given to them out of stupidity and not because they wanted to get rid of Landry. If they wanted to get rid of him they probably could have traded him when they traded Ajayi...........at this moment tho, I believe they want him gone but we'll see

Ozzy rules!!

If he hits who wants to take bets on a 4 year $60 million or $15 million per pact waiting for him in free agency?

Stills is only 4/32

Both Kiko and Branch can be jettisoned after this season if they don't step their game up. Thomas was brought in because they needed a TE and Gase was familiar with him.

There is no conspiracy here. They clearly want Jarvis Landry . . . question is are they willing to pay for his services after getting arguably the biggest discount in the NFL through 4 seasons.
At last we agree on something related to Landry. I agree those horrible deals had nothing to do with Landry. I also agree they would like to keep him. I just don't believe they want to pay him what he wants.

Ozzy rules!!

If he hits who wants to take bets on a 4 year $60 million or $15 million per pact waiting for him in free agency?
I'm sure he might get that but does that mean we have to give him that? All it takes is one team willing to pay for a player and they can get it done. We did it with Suh and probably someone will give Landry all he wants. That doesn't mean it has to be us, does it?

Ozzy rules!!

At last we agree on something related to Landry. I agree those horrible deals had nothing to do with Landry. I also agree they would like to keep him. I just don't believe they want to pay him what he wants.

Ozzy rules!!

Who knows what Miami will do. You can never tell with this organization.

But where we disagree is the value of Jarvis Landry to this team. I think 14 million AAV is not a deal breaker. Sure I would like him at 12, but I also understand allowing JL to reach free agent status this was the risk and for people to think it is some outlandish sum, I think you'll see several teams step up to pay it if Miami decides not to franchise tag him or reach a deal with him prior to free agency.

I also think if you have that type of production for 4 years on a 2nd round rookie contract . . . a team should feel "better" about giving him a big number for his second contract. You think it means I condone all players doing that . . . no. Jarvis has given you the goods for 4 seasons . . . to squabble over a 1 million or 2 seems trivial IMO when we are in a league where guys sign 5 year deals and in year 2 they want new deals. Juice came to work every day, did not hold out, was durable and productive and I think when you factor in a rising cap and the WR market in general . . . . 14 million is not a "greedy" number. It is market value.

But it is ok to disagree. Even if it gets heated, its respectable still.

If he hits free agency . . . I would place that as the O/L line.

And if you go under on it you better be comfortable with the cash you are gambling with.

He's too slow for the NFL.

Hahaha, he's a lot faster than Landry. About .2 faster. I see him running under 4.50. There's a lot of tape on James' FSU and Peppers' Mich in that video.

If DJ Moore is there in the second we'll all forget about Landry in, like, about one game, I swear.

I like this

Think he’s gonna run low 4.5s

Not much separation but physical at the catch point and the top of the route

Back
Top Bottom