Let's say Landry walks... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's say Landry walks...

Let's be honest it's looking more and more likely every day that we're going to let Landry walk, I don't think it's ideal but it's just what I see coming. So what's our plan after that? Receiver suddenly becomes one of the biggest holes on our team. No opposing team is going to fear a receiving corp of Stills, Parker, and Grant. So what do we do? Are any of the top receivers going to be there with our pick at 11? What receivers are available in free agency/who do we sign? I'm not trying to make any sort of point I'm just honestly curious what you guys think. Personally I hope we do something, if we start the season with those three as our starters I think we're going to have a bad year on offense.
Well if Landry made up the whole WR corp then my guess is no one feared this receiving corp anyway.

Stills sure did look better with Tannehill and Grant took the same bubble screen Landry was getting and turned them into big plays, his hands a still suspect but if teams don't respect his speed they're going to pay the price.

Well if Landry made up the whole WR corp then my guess is no one feared this receiving corp anyway.

Stills sure did look better with Tannehill and Grant took the same bubble screen Landry was getting and turned them into big plays, his hands a still suspect but if teams don't respect his speed they're going to pay the price.

Well no one really feared this offense at all this past season (for good reason). But my point is that if you let Landry walk and then don't do anything to replace him then our offense is significantly worse.

If he is healthy I could see Jordan Matthews as a replacement. Should be cheap and I see them as similar players

I think Gase believes his scheme can produce players at RB and slot.

We saw nothing from Ajayi until he started, saw nothing from Drake till he started.

And I think we stick to the starters and give little run on the developmental guys cause we want to use the starters up and inflate their stats to produce value.

Trade them away or have them get big contracts and get comp picks when they leave. So we inflate their production.

Like NO Saints. Now, same as NO, we don't have such a scheme on D, so, that's where we're willing to pay a premium.

If he is healthy I could see Jordan Matthews as a replacement. Should be cheap and I see them as similar players

Eeeww, no. Zero toughness and durability.

If we let Landry walk I expect our offense to not be as good as it was the 2016 season. We would need to sign a dependable free agent as depending on a rookie wr to perform well right away imo would be unwise.

Landry will look good as a 49er.

Who GAF about his stats?

What were the wins and losses for the TEAM while he was here, basically catching a ridiculous amount of short passes?

I would NOT pay him what he wants or even close to what he wants.

I was tired of his routine LAST season.

I think departing from Landry may open the door for this team to finally address the tight end position, which Gase supposedly loves to utilize when he has one. Focus on tight ends and running backs for the mid-range stuff instead of overusing the slot WR position.

I don't think we miss a beat on offense with Thill back under center...that said my plan would be...

BUILD A STUD DEFENSE using picks 1,2,&3....grab a TE if available....add a guard and a complimentary RB....

We need to focus on building one side of the ball first....not chasing a player that cannot, on his best day, make THE difference on team that hasn't established themselves...Landry is a good receiver but cannot bring enough difference to warrant the money....He is not a game changer

IMO

Well no one really feared this offense at all this past season (for good reason). But my point is that if you let Landry walk and then don't do anything to replace him then our offense is significantly worse.
I would like to say if they let Landry go they would do something to replace him but I know better than to say that with this front office. The same front office that has ignored TE for a decade and OG for at least half of that.

Back
Top Bottom