Let's talk free agency (step 1) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Let's talk free agency (step 1)

Add a linebacker, vet corner (to go with Lippett, Howard and Tankersly) and a pass rusher in free agency. The focus the draft on offense this year. Fix all offensive issues going in to key season for Tannehill.

The U is not our developmental team...

Since I didn’t claim they were I do not know where you were getting that from. There are a lot of people on this board who like the Miami Hurricanes and were certainly upset when those two players were not brought back.

Which of our current free agents fit the mold of the U and Miami draft pick?

Nobody is claiming that Jarvis Landry fits both those criteria. The one he does fit is that he was drafted by the team and has played all four years with the same organization.

Im hoping we stick to the topic of OLline and who to sign and maybe who to release. Aside from Tunsil, I think they call could get cut...Larsen, Bushrod, James and Pouncey

Nobody is claiming that Jarvis Landry fits both those criteria. The one he does fit is that he was drafted by the team and has played all four years with the same organization.

I agree on Landry. However, your description also fits Tannehill. My point is there is no general way to do this. I don't care if the guy is home grown, free agent or whatever; we just need to pick the right guys.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what players actually make it to free agency.

Ideally, would love to see Miami get an upgrade at OG and maybe a tight end in free agency. Carlos Hyde, at the right price, might be a nice complementary back to go with Kenyan Drake. But I also think the team can find one in the draft.

That would free up the draft to go defense early. Maybe get a running back, quarterback and more offensive line help in the 3-5 round range.

I agree on Landry. However, your description also fits Tannehill. My point is there is no general way to do this. I don't care if the guy is home grown, free agent or whatever; we just need to pick the right guys.

I’m fine with Ryan QBing for 5 more years if he’s healthy and they can succeed.

Sign our own is first but second is Cameron Brate. If Tampa decides to let him walk because of OJ Howard, we need to be all over that kid. Jimmy Graham would be my second choice and probably have a better chance to get him as he'd be coming home.

Why would they let him walk? He is better than Howard, and all they have to do is give him a cheap second round tender.

Dolphins fans are too accustomed to the rank stupidity of our FO. Few other NFL franchises operate the way the Ross circus does.

After Miller and Vernon left, we made a real effort to sign "our own". And what happened? Stills maybe OK, but Alonzo and Branch ended up with 2 contracts that turned out to be disasters.

Bingo!

Anyone in this FO that wants to wear the cloak of "sign your own", after letting two of the best "our own" walk out the door after balking at their street value, really doesn't hold my interest.

Forget who drafted them. They were ours, we let them walk and immediately had to fill two holes. I'd even go back and include Rishard Matthews.

Money and numbers don't matter now. Fact is we developed them and let them walk.

Low balling our own, while opening up the coffers for people who've never played a down for us. It's a complete contradiction in words and actions.

So, as far as I'm concerned, let "our own" go win with someone else and spend every last dime of Ross' money buying wins that never materialize.

My "Step 1": eat Suh's contact. The sooner we get out of this contract (completely off the books), the sooner we can build a winning team. That is, when Suh's contract evaporation intersect with TB's demise. THEN, we can start over. Again.

The sentiments earlier were right, stop winning the offseason. And that starts with eating Suh's contract. Renegotiating that albatross was one of the biggest financial mistakes in Dolphin history.

So, what the hell, renegotiate it again. It's only our future. Who cares.

Let this sink in. TB given the keys to the franchise and he has spent every dime allowable. His masterpiece architecture through free agency amounts to Suh, Alonso, Maxwell and Branch.

So, if you had that much money to spend are those the players you would have signed?

Reality time. Stop spending in free agency. Sadly, we draft better. And we've not drafted good for decades. That's how bad we are in the offseason.

Back
Top Bottom