Letter to Dave Wannstedt. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letter to Dave Wannstedt.

Trackstar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
With all of the bad luck and unfortunate events that have struck his team the past month, Dave Wannstedt deserves some damn credit for the way he has handled everything thus far. This guy consistantly stays positive about everything and still believes no matter what happens, his team is super bowl bound. I personally am greatful to have a coach who never gives up and stands behind his team no matter what the circumstances. Just put yourself in his shoes, you spend 15 hours a day 7 days a week busting your butt and you still are struck with bad fortune and heartless fans wanting you fired. Any normal person would go ape sh*t. However, he remains calm, focused, and positive with his team. Im not saying Dave is the greatest coach to walk the face of the earth, I just want us as fans to be greatful for what we do have, a very mentally TOUGH football coach.

Trackstar#6 said:
With all of the bad luck and unfortunate events that have struck his team the past month, Dave Wannstedt deserves some damn credit for the way he has handled everything thus far. This guy consistantly stays positive about everything and still believes no matter what happens, his team is super bowl bound. I personally am greatful to have a coach who never gives up and stands behind his team no matter what the circumstances. Just put yourself in his shoes, you spend 15 hours a day 7 days a week busting your butt and you still are struck with bad fortune and heartless fans wanting you fired. Any normal person would go ape sh*t. However, he remains calm, focused, and positive with his team. Im not saying Dave is the greatest coach to walk the face of the earth, I just want us as fans to be greatful for what we do have, a very mentally TOUGH football coach.
Who are you his agent? The guy took the job and gets paid millions of dollars, he knew what he got in to. Im not going to give him credit for........doing nothing? Im not gonna rip the guy either, its unfair. It's bad luck what has happened with Ricky and injuries, but Im not just going to give him credit. Training camp is 1 week old, and we are giving him credit? For what?

Credit is earned. Not given!

Trackstar#6 said:
My sentiments exactly.

No Mike O, I am not his agent! Never said I was. Im just trying to be positive and look at what we still have which is a never say die coach. Your right, Training camp is 1 week old, but wanny has been here for 4 seasons now and the one thing he has proved is he is a darn good football coach. What the hell to you want? He does his best. If you cant give him just a tid bit of credit for that, what else can you ask of him?

Trackstar#6 said:
No Mike O, I am not his agent! Never said I was. Im just trying to be positive and look at what we still have which is a never say die coach. Your right, Training camp is 1 week old, but wanny has been here for 4 seasons now and the one thing he has proved is he is a darn good football coach. What the hell to you want? He does his best. If you cant give him just a tid bit of credit for that, what else can you ask of him?
You get credit for success. What success has Miami had under Dave? Im not looking to bash him here. But you are saying we need to give him credit. Credit for what?

Doing his best? The people at NASA do their best and a shuttle crashes. Wanna give them credit? They did their best which I guess means they deserve credit.

Wannstedt is who he is. Not horrible, but not great either. I wouldn't go giving him credit for anything since he hasn't done anything to earn credit!

Sigh, God d*mnit. I am Just trying to start a thread that supports our coach for what He Is TRYING to do. I disagree on how you believe credit is earned if you bust your *** every day and your plan blows up in your face, by gosh you at least deserve a pat on the back for giving it your all, that is all I am saying. I never said he is the greatest, nor am I talking about success, just hard work.

MikeO said:
Who are you his agent? The guy took the job and gets paid millions of dollars, he knew what he got in to. Im not going to give him credit for........doing nothing? Im not gonna rip the guy either, its unfair. It's bad luck what has happened with Ricky and injuries, but Im not just going to give him credit. Training camp is 1 week old, and we are giving him credit? For what?

Credit is earned. Not given!
WTF?

So you're saying you wouldn't credit someone for staying strong under pressure? Heavy, heavy pressure? For keep going even though the odds are incredibly against him (and have been for quite a while)?

I guess I could keep going, but you get the point... so you EXPECT him to be like that? Just because he's earning millions? Is that some sort of judge of character?

Just remember how high your standards are, though... you'll have to live up to them, or forever be known to most as a hypocrite...

Couple of things to finish my post. First, yes, TC is one week old. This offseason isn't. His career sure isn't. And credit, believe it or not, is given... just as any appreciation society gives out.

MikeO said:
You get credit for success. What success has Miami had under Dave? Im not looking to bash him here. But you are saying we need to give him credit. Credit for what?

Doing his best? The people at NASA do their best and a shuttle crashes. Wanna give them credit? They did their best which I guess means they deserve credit.

Wannstedt is who he is. Not horrible, but not great either. I wouldn't go giving him credit for anything since he hasn't done anything to earn credit!
- Please define success. It's all relative. Miami has posted a 41-23 record under his watch (42-25 including playoffs). It has broken the previous franchise running record. It has been a divisional champion once, and lost out of it on a tiebreaker another time. Again, all relative.

- Nice thing comparing a life-death situation with an entertainment activity. But ok, I'll play. Yes, we give (most of) them credit. Often accidents in aeronautics happen because of one single mistake. Mostly human. That human is singled out as being responsible. Can you please find the mistakes of his career with the Dolphins? He has been held responsible for them, I can assure you. But please, be specific and objective, since we're playing this game.

- Once again, all relative...

sorry I am not gonna give Wannstedt credit for doing something pretty much every NFL coach does. I mean when Trent Green went down Dick Vermeil did the same things Wanny is doing now. Difference is he coached them to the super bowl.

sbh1602 said:
WTF?

So you're saying you wouldn't credit someone for staying strong under pressure? Heavy, heavy pressure? For keep going even though the odds are incredibly against him (and have been for quite a while)?

I guess I could keep going, but you get the point... so you EXPECT him to be like that? Just because he's earning millions? Is that some sort of judge of character?

Just remember how high your standards are, though... you'll have to live up to them, or forever be known to most as a hypocrite...

Couple of things to finish my post. First, yes, TC is one week old. This offseason isn't. His career sure isn't. And credit, believe it or not, is given... just as any appreciation society gives out.

Trackstar and SBH, I'm sorry to say, but this is idiotic !

You want to give credit to Wanny for staying positive? Why? Would you expect any of the other 31 head coaches in the league to buckle during hard times?
Loosing Jamal Lewis - Billick: "No way are we going to win the super bowl now, lets spend our season preparing for next season instead" Give me a break!!
If you are a head coach you must face the media upbeat. Acknowledge the problem at hand, but yet offer the fan base encouragement and move on with the season. Had Wanny thrown in the towel; the team, the fans and the media would have crucified him. How he has responded to everything that has happened during this off-season earns him absolutely ZERO points in my book, what so ever, because I will expect nothing less from an NFL head coach.

"Darn good coach" - please...!!! :yell:

With one of the best - on paper - rosters in the NFL and four years of "practice" - WHAT THE F**K has Wanny done for any of us lately? :shakeno:

Records? LMAO :roflmao: :shakeno:

Two playoff appearances in four years - last two years with a star packed defense and a premiere RB - he couldn't even bring us to the PO. Wanny is an avarage HC - AT BEST - in my eyes.

Instead of kissing Wanny's a$$, save some of your credit sprinkling energy for a guy who actually has done well in this organization - Rick Speilman!

With RW and DB off the roster, our season is not over, but everyone remaining on the team better bring thier "A" game from now on or it will be over fast!

I personally am greatful to have a coach who never gives up and stands behind his team no matter what the circumstances.

I'll personally be grateful when his sorry a-- is out the door after this year.

Gam(e)-is-on said:
Trackstar and SBH, I'm sorry to say, but this is idiotic !

You want to give credit to Wanny for staying positive? Why? Would you expect any of the other 31 head coaches in the league to buckle during hard times?
Loosing Jamal Lewis - Billick: "No way are we going to win the super bowl now, lets spend our season preparing for next season instead" Give me a break!!
If you are a head coach you must face the media upbeat. Acknowledge the problem at hand, but yet offer the fan base encouragement and move on with the season. Had Wanny thrown in the towel; the team, the fans and the media would have crucified him. How he has responded to everything that has happened during this off-season earns him absolutely ZERO points in my book, what so ever, because I will expect nothing less from an NFL head coach.

"Darn good coach" - please...!!! :yell:

With one of the best - on paper - rosters in the NFL and four years of "practice" - WHAT THE F**K has Wanny done for any of us lately? :shakeno:

Records? LMAO :roflmao: :shakeno:

Two playoff appearances in four years - last two years with a star packed defense and a premiere RB - he couldn't even bring us to the PO. Wanny is an avarage HC - AT BEST - in my eyes.

Instead of kissing Wanny's a$$, save some of your credit sprinkling energy for a guy who actually has done well in this organization - Rick Speilman!

With RW and DB off the roster, our season is not over, but everyone remaining on the team better bring thier "A" game from now on or it will be over fast!

This might be the best post ever.
You are exactely right.

JJ rigged it so Wanny could be the coach when he left. IMO, Wanny is a good Defensive coordinator and would not be a head coach in this league if not for his boy JJ. But, that's actually OK with me. What's not OK is how he has failed to get anything out of the players. He just doesn't motivate them to excell. We have seen him make excuse after excuse for any one that messed up during a game. (kicking on dirt is actually easier then kicking on wet grass).

Four years if ignoring needs and picking defensive players deserve no credit. I do agree Rick gets some credit for this area. We just have to wait and see how the players are on gameday.

Back
Top Bottom