Letter to Dave Wannstedt. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letter to Dave Wannstedt.

pwn3dyo said:
Why wouldn't you give Wanny credit? People say he has accomplished nothing in Miami? In his four years with Miami He has gone 11-5 , 11-5,9-7-10-6, and won an AFC east title. How can you say hes a bad coach, and doesn't deserve any credit?
While I give Wanny credit for not letting things get him down. I for one think he is a bad coach. He has a hell of a team that he coaches and yet the record over the past 4 yrs has gotten steadily worse. We should have won the Houston game but didn't thanks to Wannys playcalling. Look at what he did with the bad news bears. Wanny's record should be better than that with this team. he just choses to play things safe . Miami has all the tools to win. Wanny just refuses to upgrade some of those tools. Ie Fiedler for one and an offensive line that needed an overhaul years ago.:peace:

Trackstar#6 said:
With all of the bad luck and unfortunate events that have struck his team the past month, Dave Wannstedt deserves some damn credit for the way he has handled everything thus far. This guy consistantly stays positive about everything and still believes no matter what happens, his team is super bowl bound. I personally am greatful to have a coach who never gives up and stands behind his team no matter what the circumstances. Just put yourself in his shoes, you spend 15 hours a day 7 days a week busting your butt and you still are struck with bad fortune and heartless fans wanting you fired. Any normal person would go ape sh*t. However, he remains calm, focused, and positive with his team. Im not saying Dave is the greatest coach to walk the face of the earth, I just want us as fans to be greatful for what we do have, a very mentally TOUGH football coach.

At least 90% of the NFL head coaches put in 15+ hour days. Rich Kotite did, Chris Palmer did, Mike Riley did, and the list goes on. Sure, being an NFL head coach demands a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but it doesn't end there. Wannstedt lacks creativity, the ability to evaluate talent, and most glaringly...the ability to lead.

The bottom line is that there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who work 15+ hour days and take enough **** to fill a fifty foot toilet, and a good percentage of them make less than $13 an hour. Dave Wannstedt is a millionaire, so why does Wannstedt deserve any more respect than any other hard working American?

This season will not be a good one. First of all, most of the "bad luck" (excluding injuries and the Ricky situation) have been of the management's making. This is Huizenga's mess and he'll have to take responsibility for it. Dave Wannstedt's *** should have been fired at the end of last season...PERIOD!!!!! Huizenga destroyed the Marlins and he's slowly killing the Dolphins.

I have absolutely no respect for Dave Wannstedt as a coach. I'm sure he's a nice person and is a hard worker, but those aren't the sole criteria for being an NFL head coach.

I was trying to be a good fan.

Earth to all blind optimists: you can still be rooted in reality and be a good fan. I REALLY wish people would figure this out.

Yes he never says die but never says live either.Wanny is a deer in the headlights,and the Dolphins are outcoached in every game.

I wonder how fans will react after we win our 10 plus games and make the playoffs this year. I think most fans that are not happy with Wanny base their view on the fact that we are "so talented" and have underachieved. I expect us to finish somewhere close to last season, only this year we'll make the playoffs. Perhaps he'll win some people over if thats the case after this horrible off season. Either way, I'm excited to see this team play this year. I think they are going to surprise us with how well they play.

Trackstar#6 said:
With all of the bad luck and unfortunate events that have struck his team the past month, Dave Wannstedt deserves some damn credit for the way he has handled everything thus far. This guy consistantly stays positive about everything and still believes no matter what happens, his team is super bowl bound. I personally am greatful to have a coach who never gives up and stands behind his team no matter what the circumstances. Just put yourself in his shoes, you spend 15 hours a day 7 days a week busting your butt and you still are struck with bad fortune and heartless fans wanting you fired. Any normal person would go ape sh*t. However, he remains calm, focused, and positive with his team. Im not saying Dave is the greatest coach to walk the face of the earth, I just want us as fans to be greatful for what we do have, a very mentally TOUGH football coach.
You might have a point..................nahhhhhhh! Dave needs to go, of course these situations are not all his fault but some are......clean slate in 2005.....Nick Saban...........................

Trackstar#6 said:

I'm totally with you man, but don't expect some to be as rational about this as you are. Some ppl have entirely too much invested into hating Dave. There's no way they can just leave that kind baggage behind.

Oliver...

DOLFANMIKE said:
I wonder how fans will react after we win our 10 plus games and make the playoffs this year. I think most fans that are not happy with Wanny base their view on the fact that we are "so talented" and have underachieved. I expect us to finish somewhere close to last season, only this year we'll make the playoffs. Perhaps he'll win some people over if thats the case after this horrible off season. Either way, I'm excited to see this team play this year. I think they are going to surprise us with how well they play.

Mike you haven't been paying attention. To some unless Wanny leads this team to the Super Bowl title this season he is a failure. They do not place blame on the players who actually play the game.

Oliver...

Pope Shula XIV said:
At least 90% of the NFL head coaches put in 15+ hour days. Rich Kotite did, Chris Palmer did, Mike Riley did, and the list goes on. Sure, being an NFL head coach demands a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but it doesn't end there. Wannstedt lacks creativity, the ability to evaluate talent, and most glaringly...the ability to lead.
I'd like to see where does he lack creativity. The OC is in charge of calling the plays, though I've never been quite sure who actually designs them. Ability to evaluate talent? Chambers. Greenwood. Minor. McKinney. McMichael. W. Smith. D. Lee. Tolver. Jenkins. Bell. Guys I've seen hyped up in this very site. And how would you know about his ability to lead? Game results? Could they be, oh, say, player execution problems, maybe?

Pope Shula XIV said:
The bottom line is that there are hundreds of thousands of people in this country who work 15+ hour days and take enough **** to fill a fifty foot toilet, and a good percentage of them make less than $13 an hour. Dave Wannstedt is a millionaire, so why does Wannstedt deserve any more respect than any other hard working American?
I see. So a millionare does not deserve our respect. Damn them! Damn all of them! That would mean no football player deserves our respect, either.

I do get were you're coming from, but we weren't talking about giving him more respect - rather, give him credit for keeping his cool when his season is going down that 50-ft toilet you talk about...

Pope Shula XIV said:
This season will not be a good one. First of all, most of the "bad luck" (excluding injuries and the Ricky situation) have been of the management's making. This is Huizenga's mess and he'll have to take responsibility for it. Dave Wannstedt's *** should have been fired at the end of last season...PERIOD!!!!! Huizenga destroyed the Marlins and he's slowly killing the Dolphins.
Let's see... what events could be blaimed to management? Marino came in and out of his own will. Tait and Woody took on more lucrative offers - and if people whine about overpaying for Feeley, what would they say if we topped the Bears' and Lions' offers?

This is Huizenga's mess. It's the team's mess - last time I checked, he wasn't the whole team. Yes, it's his responsibilty to get qualified people to run his football team. Tell me, who was available to suplant Wannstedt after his "earned" firing at the end of the season? That was better than him, mind you. And what hard evidence you have that Wannstedt should've been fired?

And what the hell does Huizenga's ownership of the Marlins has do with this?

Pope Shula XIV said:
I have absolutely no respect for Dave Wannstedt as a coach. I'm sure he's a nice person and is a hard worker, but those aren't the sole criteria for being an NFL head coach.
Fair enough. But just because YOU have no respect for him, it does not mean he deserves no respect from anyone else.

Rugar said:
Yes he never says die but never says live either.Wanny is a deer in the headlights,and the Dolphins are outcoached in every game.
Please name one game, outside of the Titans' game, where they were outcoached last year.

ohall said:
Mike you haven't been paying attention. To some unless Wanny leads this team to the Super Bowl title this season he is a failure. They do not place blame on the players who actually play the game.

Oliver...
See, that's the thing that bugs me. And some wouldn't be satisfied even if he did win a SB, because he didn't win it by enough points or something.

I can understand frustration, but when it derives stubborness, it's hard to simpathize...

Wanny the letter of the day is "B" as in, "Buh-bye Dave." :evil:

While he has some good qualities, and I believe he has tried to build a winning team, his biggest failing in my eyes has been keeping Jay Fiedler at QB all these years. Offense in general has suffered under his watch.

Getting Ricky and adding to the Defense was everything Wanny wanted to win his way. Lack of a true quality QB killed us though. Ask the Pats how important a good QB and average running game is, versus a great HB and marginal QB.

Wanny went all-out to get a great HB, but tried to get by with Jay at QB instead of doing whatever it took to upgrade the QB spot too.

Now we have this situation. Still a question mark at QB (I hope you work out Feeley), another at RB, one proven WR in Chambers and a rebuilt OL. A good defense but one that has never been able to carry the team through a season, ala the 2000 Ravens.

Given the parity in the league, the best Dolphin schedule in years, and the hope the Feeley plays well, I see no reason the Phins can't win 8 or 9 games this year. With Ricky, Boston, improved OL, and a successful Feeley? Well, the saddest words are "What might have been" and with those guys we would have been a Super Bowl caliber team. :cry:

Dave, five years later, and how close is this team?

sbh1602 said:
See, that's the thing that bugs me. And some wouldn't be satisfied even if he did win a SB, because he didn't win it by enough points or something.

I can understand frustration, but when it derives stubborness, it's hard to simpathize...

Yup. See this is how it would work. If they won it all the players would get all the credit. After all we've always had a GREAT D and Dave had nothing to do with that. If they do poorly Dave gets all the blame because after all we've always had a GREAT D and he had to screw it up some how some way. That is why you will never see some ppl give Dave any credit. They'll give it JJ before they give it to him.

I would replace Dave if there was a better HC available and short of Joe Gibbs I didn't see a better HC available to replace Dave this off-season. I respect him as a HC and as a person, and I think he gives everything he has to this team, players and to the fans. I wish more ppl had a lil more respect in how they express their concerns about him. At the very least I think he deserves that.

Oliver...

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
Wanny the letter of the day is "B" as in, "Buh-bye Dave." :evil:

While he has some good qualities, and I believe he has tried to build a winning team, his biggest failing in my eyes has been keeping Jay Fiedler at QB all these years. Offense in general has suffered under his watch.

Getting Ricky and adding to the Defense was everything Wanny wanted to win his way. Lack of a true quality QB killed us though. Ask the Pats how important a good QB and average running game is, versus a great HB and marginal QB.

Wanny went all-out to get a great HB, but tried to get by with Jay at QB instead of doing whatever it took to upgrade the QB spot too.

Now we have this situation. Still a question mark at QB (I hope you work out Feeley), another at RB, one proven WR in Chambers and a rebuilt OL. A good defense but one that has never been able to carry the team through a season, ala the 2000 Ravens.

Given the parity in the league, the best Dolphin schedule in years, and the hope the Feeley plays well, I see no reason the Phins can't win 8 or 9 games this year. With Ricky, Boston, improved OL, and a successful Feeley? Well, the saddest words are "What might have been" and with those guys we would have been a Super Bowl caliber team. :cry:

Dave, five years later, and how close is this team?
Ok... so the problem has been lack at the QB position? Hmm...

Trent Dilfer. Brad Johnson. 2 SB winners. Marginal QBs before those accomplishments, and marginal 5 minutes after.

It's not always (should I say no longer?) about the QBs.

Back
Top Bottom