Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Letting Landry walk could be like losing Welker

Landry is to Widereceivers what Tannehill is to QB’s. If Tannehill wanted top qb money what would you say.? Landry is really good but we can’t pay him top 10$$$$ he’s not top 10. He’s 11,12,13

Problem is, we over spent on guys we shouldn’t have - Cutler, Branch, Alonso and we are going to lose our best player as a result.

Putting Cutler into the upcoming salary allocation, isn't needed. Cutler signed a 1 year 10 million dollar contract. When the new league year begins, his contract is no longer on the books.

As for Landry, he's become A BRAND.

Yes. You saying times gotten in the EZ don’t matter? Jarvis was better in the RZ this year than Julio FWIW.

Julio not getting into the end zone, is more a byproduct of the Atlanta system. Once they drafted Ryan, and they had Roddy White in house, what did they do? HOF KC TE Tony Gonzalez was brought in to man the middle of the field.

Today's reality? ATLANTA is still a run/playaction team. With a HC from Seattle, who believes in running the ball and stopping the run.

Don't get it twisted. I'd trade Landry for Jones 365 times a year. Would you?

Yes. You saying times gotten in the EZ don’t matter? Jarvis was better in the RZ this year than Julio FWIW.
Thing is, Landry's TD production is only good in the redzone... Landry's got 3 career TDs coming from outside the RZ...Julio Jones? 23

I looked at every Dolphin possession and he was a key in over a 1/3 of the teams scoring by making key plays..

So we scored 16 passing tds and 7 rushing tds in 2006
so by your 1/3 where Welker was key would only be around 7 or 8
scoring plays where he made key contributions...Should I be excited about that?

Julio not getting into the end zone, is more a byproduct of the Atlanta system. Once they drafted Ryan, and they had Roddy White in house, what did they do? HOF KC TE Tony Gonzalez was brought in to man the middle of the field.

Today's reality? ATLANTA is still a run/playaction team. With a HC from Seattle, who believes in running the ball and stopping the run.

Don't get it twisted. I'd trade Landry for Jones 365 times a year. Would you?

and even on a leap year

If Landry leaves, I see the Jets as his landing spot. Close to OBJ.

He would be wise to consider Cleveland or at least listen to their pitch. They can outbid anyone. I think they will be in the mix for Kirk Cousins which also gives them the ability to maximize the value of their draft ARSENAL.

Cleveland could have Josh Gordon, Saquan Barkley, Jarvis Landry and David Njoku to go along with one of the NFL's better OL's......and still have the 4th overall pick and 4 2nd's.

Von Miller is recruiting hard for Cousins, probably because he has too, it's been assumed they just need a QB but I'd beg to differ. Denver has Von Miller and some CB's. Most of that roster is garbage and they don't have much return on their last 3 drafts.

Cousins is no Ryan Tannehill, but he'd have been a big upgrade for Jacksonville too. They made a mistake committing to Bortles for 2019. I don't mind.

I am of the opinion that "the next Wes Welker" is currently entering the draft out of the University of Miami.

Guess that settles it.Landry is a much more dangerous receiver than Julio.
fresh-prince-gif.gif

The OP is right. You need to establish and PAY the faces of your franchise and Landry certainly is one of them if not THE ONE. The intangibles that he brings to the team in addition to the glue for hands are priceless. Does he have some growing up to do? Absolutely however I'd rather he grow up in a Dolphins uniform than another. Pay the man and cut the garbage to do it.

Back
Top Bottom