listen up miami front office...panthers will not tag deangelo williams | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

listen up miami front office...panthers will not tag deangelo williams

DeAngelo Williams will be 28 in April. Running backs at 28 don't have much more of a shelf life (case and point, Ronnie Brown), and DeAngelo is looking to get paid. He'll want a five-year deal with megabucks when we should be realistically looking at two to three years of good productivity, if even that much. Knowing how much luck the Dolphins have, we will sign him and he will have a catastrophic knee injury, Yatil Green-style, and will never play a down for us.

Ronnie brown never had very much to begin with.... never had a 1,000 yard season, so its not quite comparing apples to apples.
Deangelo will be 28, and the "vaunted 30" for running backs is still a few years away, and for the better part of his career he has been in nearly a 50/50 time share, so the mileage isnt the same as those running backs who hit 30 and crashed.

He is a significant upgrade at the position, and with the money issue, if we draft ingram at 15 (hopefully not), i would find it hard to imagine he wouldnt be getting the same amount of dollars, and he wouldnt have even set foot on an NFL field yet.

give me the proven player.

Bring in Deangelo and re-sign Ricky/draft a later round guy!

So basically have 3 rb's on the team that do what exactly? Why waste another late rd pick on a rb that will only return kickoffs or punt returns. I want no part of Ricky on this team. Brown still has a lot of value.

If he's healthy I would love to bring him in because he would add great speed and explosiveness to our backfield.

i wont touch this at all. Getting up in age, would want big money, and RB don't do too well after a few years.

the guy i really want is Bush OAK as my power back and pick up that scat back with speed in the draft.

Lets get Williams in here..but you gotta wonder if he can hold up with his injury concerns.

So basically have 3 rb's on the team that do what exactly? Why waste another late rd pick on a rb that will only return kickoffs or punt returns. I want no part of Ricky on this team. Brown still has a lot of value.
I don't know where you're getting 3 rb's from. I'm assuming Ronnie won't be re-signed.

Also, Ricky has and always will be better than Ronnie. It's time to move on from him.

D.Williams automatically makes Henne or any rookie QB better. His value would be great for this team as would a stud LG and beter C play.

I think Brown doesn't have as much value as some here seem to think, injury issues and has had 1 1000 yards season in the pros. Although I do agree with the fact Kaley is hot

I like Deangelo Williams with Ronnie. Keep Hilliard. Draft a scat back (change of pace). Let Cobbs go.

Sign a few RBs as FAs and stock on the PS.

I like Bradshaw out of any FA HBs, he's 24 and last season seemed to breakout. Only caution is he fumbles a bit like Ricky. But I think he'll be healthier than Williams and productivity for 16 games is always better than that of 6. I'll now get flamed for disagreeing with the TC, oh well.

Funny. I like Arian Foster.

Back
Top Bottom