LOL @ Jets | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

LOL @ Jets

Almost everyone said the Jets were going to have a tough time getting through the early part of their schedule. Consensus from most people was that 3-3 or 2-4 wouldn't be bad for the Jets considering who they were playing. That's the truth. Spin it how you want to. But nobody thought the Jets were going to be anything better than a borderline WC team with that schedule and our QB situation.

They won 10 games last year. Who expected the Jets to top that in 2016? Most people predicted 8-10 wins. Facts.
:lol:

Revisionist history after a fan base talking about possibly sweeping the Pats while being so much better like the crappy Dolphins and crappy Bills. :sidelol:
3-6. But still time to make a 7-0 run. :sidelol:

Revisionist history after a fan base talking about possibly sweeping the Pats while being so much better like the crappy Dolphins and crappy Bills. :sidelol:
3-6. But still time to make a 7-0 run. :sidelol:

Find me the sources who said that the Jets were a top team with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their QB. I think most people thought we were the second best team in the AFC East and would fight for a WC spot. We still might be the second best team in the AFC East when all is said and done. You have 4 wins and so does Buffalo. We have 3.

Nobody thought that the Jets were a top team with big expectations. We knew the Jets had a ceiling due to not having a QB. Don't lie. You've been rebuilding for 10 years.

Take the win and move on. You won a close game against a bad team. You deserved to win. Don't try and build it up though like the Jets were this juggernaut team you exposed. The win says nothingabout Miami. Just like it would have said nothing about the Jets

Find me the sources who said that the Jets were a top team with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their QB. I think most people thought we were the second best team in the AFC East and would fight for a WC spot. We still might be the second best team in the AFC East when all is said and done. You have 4 wins and so does Buffalo. We have 3.

Nobody thought that the Jets were a top team with big expectations. We knew the Jets had a ceiling due to not having a QB. Don't lie. You've been rebuilding for 10 years.

Take the win and move on. You won a close game against a bad team. You deserved to win. Don't try and build it up though like the Jets were this juggernaut team you exposed. The win says nothingabout Miami. Just like it would have said nothing about the Jets

It was you who made the Jets so much better than the Dolphins. Remember: we are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Oh, I, as many others, have moved on. You are still coming here trying to make excuses and rationalize your crappy, last place team. On a Dolphins fan board of all places. Isn't there a Jets site where you can all sulk in harmony and plot a 7-0 run?

Nobody expected anything from the Dolphins. #4 in the East were most outlooks. It was hard to find anybody who placed us at #3. But ...but.....but the Jets have all that talent. It is your failure to avoid not ours. It was you who came here spouting off how much better the Jets were. :lol:

And nobody predicted to take over the Patriots?

Here is a beautiful thread
http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/tggs-2016-nfl-prediction-thread-regular-season.87062/

And the very first post in it:
With less than two weeks before kickoff I'd like to see everyone's thoughts heading into the season (feel free to add categories throughout).

Standings:
AFC East:
N.Y Jets (we finally take the division).
N.E Patriots.
Buffalo Bills.
Miami Dolphins.

It was you who made the Jets so much better than the Dolphins. Remember: we are one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Oh, I, as many others, have moved on. You are still coming here trying to make excuses and rationalize your crappy, last place team. On a Dolphins fan board of all places. Isn't there a Jets site where you can all sulk in harmony and plot a 7-0 run?

Nobody expected anything from the Dolphins. #4 in the East were most outlooks. It was hard to find anybody who placed us at #3. But ...but.....but the Jets have all that talent. It is your failure to avoid not ours. It was you who came here spouting off how much better the Jets were. :lol:

And nobody predicted to take over the Patriots?

Here is a beautiful thread
http://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/tggs-2016-nfl-prediction-thread-regular-season.87062/

And the very first post in it:

I said you are not a good team. You might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. But you are not a good team. My thought process hasn't changed on that. If I said you were one of the worst teams I was wrong. But you aren't a good team. You snuck by the Jets and Browns in your building for half of your wins this year. You're mediocre, like the Jets. You came out on top Sunday and needed a second chance kick return to do it. Otherwise who knows what happens. Your franchise QB has been turned into a guy who is asked to manage the game. That's not a good sign...

I haven't made a single excuse for the Jets. I came on here explaining from my perspective, why the Jets lost the game. I don't know if you understand this, but when a team losses, there is a reason they lost. Just like there is a reason the other team won. That's not making an excuse.

It's a message board for fans of the Dolphins and the NFL. Do you own the message board? Is it Dolphins fans exclusive? No. It isn't. I post on Jets message boards as well. And I post 95% of the time in the AFC East forum on here. What are you doing in here if you don't want to talk about other teams in the AFC East? If you want to go rah rah Dolphins and not listen to other fans views go in the Dolphins forum.

Anyone can find a thread from a rival message board from a fan predicting anything. That proves nothing. I've listened to Dolphins fans on here and on Gang Green message board tell me for years how there team is going to be good this year. They never are. We'll see if Gase changes your fortunes.

I said you are not a good team. You might not be one of the worst teams in the NFL. But you are not a good team. My thought process hasn't changed on that. If I said you were one of the worst teams I was wrong. But you aren't a good team. You snuck by the Jets and Browns in your building for half of your wins this year. You're mediocre, like the Jets. You came out on top Sunday and needed a second chance kick return to do it. Otherwise who knows what happens. Your franchise QB has been turned into a guy who is asked to manage the game. That's not a good sign...

I haven't made a single excuse for the Jets. I came on here explaining from my perspective, why the Jets lost the game. I don't know if you understand this, but when a team losses, there is a reason they lost. Just like there is a reason the other team won. That's not making an excuse.

It's a message board for fans of the Dolphins and the NFL. Do you own the message board? Is it Dolphins fans exclusive? No. It isn't. I post on Jets message boards as well. And I post 95% of the time in the AFC East forum on here. What are you doing in here if you don't want to talk about other teams in the AFC East? If you want to go rah rah Dolphins and not listen to other fans views go in the Dolphins forum.

Anyone can find a thread from a rival message board from a fan predicting anything. That proves nothing. I've listened to Dolphins fans on here and on Gang Green message board tell me for years how there team is going to be good this year. They never are. We'll see if Gase changes your fortunes.

a) You asked me for a source I gave you one. I was not aware that your own team's MB was a no-no. You have to tell me beforehand that a research is only limited to BBC, CNN and Fox. You asked for a source. I gave you a source. End of story.

b) in regards to the general idea of FH. It is first and foremost a Miami Dolphins fan forum. It does not matter which forum you visit it is first and foremost dedicated to Dolfans. Everybody else is welcome but you have to respect where you are. If I go on TGG I have enough respect to where I am not too walk up and say "you suck. We are better." and expect no response. In what world do you live?
We have quite a few fans from other teams who frequent FH. Some are returning when we play each other, some are on here more frequent. But so far pretty much all of them are respectful enough to know where they are. Not so Jets fans. You and the other troll come here trying to tell us how bad we are and how good you guys are and then when losing find all kinds of excuses. That type of behavior you can do on TGG and the likes where you find a more supportive audience for your drivel.

c) No excuses you say.....

You came out on top Sunday and needed a second chance kick return to do it. Otherwise who knows what happens. Your franchise QB has been turned into a guy who is asked to manage the game. That's not a good sign...

These two quotes are from one and the same post. I rest my case.

d) If the Dolphins are mediocre (thank you for the status upgrade) than the Jets are less than that. You are 3-6, we are 4-4. You lost to us.

e) My reasons for being here? :lol:
Was that a serious question?

3-6 isn't mediocre. It's bad.

a) You asked me for a source I gave you one. I was not aware that your own team's MB was a no-no. You have to tell me beforehand that a research is only limited to BBC, CNN and Fox. You asked for a source. I gave you a source. End of story.

b) in regards to the general idea of FH. It is first and foremost a Miami Dolphins fan forum. It does not matter which forum you visit it is first and foremost dedicated to Dolfans. Everybody else is welcome but you have to respect where you are. If I go on TGG I have enough respect to where I am not too walk up and say "you suck. We are better." and expect no response. In what world do you live?
We have quite a few fans from other teams who frequent FH. Some are returning when we play each other, some are on here more frequent. But so far pretty much all of them are respectful enough to know where they are. Not so Jets fans. You and the other troll come here trying to tell us how bad we are and how good you guys are and then when losing find all kinds of excuses. That type of behavior you can do on TGG and the likes where you find a more supportive audience for your drivel.

c) No excuses you say.....

These two quotes are from one and the same post. I rest my case.

d) If the Dolphins are mediocre (thank you for the status upgrade) than the Jets are less than that. You are 3-6, we are 4-4. You lost to us.

e) My reasons for being here? :lol:
Was that a serious question?

A. It's not a credible source. That's the point. You can point to any one post and call it a source. But you know the point I'm trying to make.

B. I've been on this forum for almost 10 years. I do not come here and say "you suck, we're better". I might have said we are better this year but that's just an opinion. I have no problem ever admitting when I am wrong about a team, player, or coach. Nobody is perfect and everyone is wrong plenty of times in regards to sports. I have no problem admitting when I am. And I have respect for the forum and that's its a Dolphins website. I comment almost exclusively in a thread related to the Jets in a section of a forum related to the AFC East.

C. You didn't make a point. That's not an excuse. I gave you the reasons why the Jets lost and why the Dolphins won. An excuse would be blaming officiating, blaming injuries, etc. I looked at certain plays and said "this was a big play for the Dolphins". The kick return won the game for you. Am I wrong? That's all. I didn't complain about it. I'm not making an excuse for it.

D. The Dolphins are mediocre as well. That's my opinion. Right now you have a better record. But that doesn't make you a good team. We'll see where everyone is when the season is over. I expect you to not be playing beyond the final week of the season. Which is all that matters.

E. I have the same right to be here as you do. "You're a Jets fan what are you doing here!!!!" That's such a petty, comical, and childish argument.

Last edited by a moderator:
3-6 isn't mediocre. It's bad.

I think the Jets are mediocre. Right now their record says they are bad. They have to show people they are better than their record indicates. The only way to do that is by winning games. I expect Petty to eventually start however and the Jets to win around 5-6 games overall with him as QB because I don't think he is the answer. But it's the right move to look to next year and evaluate younger players now instead of winning 7 or 8 games with Fitz under center which I still think would be possible, but pointless at this point.

I think the Jets are mediocre. Right now their record says they are bad. They have to show people they are better than their record indicates. The only way to do that is by winning games. I expect Petty to eventually start however and the Jets to win around 5-6 games overall with him as QB because I don't think he is the answer. But it's the right move to look to next year and evaluate younger players now instead of winning 7 or 8 games with Fitz under center which I still think would be possible, but pointless at this point.

You are what your record says you are: BAD!!!!!

Not going to get into some long drawn out debate about it. They're bad. Miami is mediocre as is Buffalo. NE is elite. **** us all I guess.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

we weren't going anywhere anyway so don't flatter yourself.

Makes no sense. How could they not have built off of going 10-6 last year? The QB? He was there last year having the season of his life.

Not going to get into some long drawn out debate about it. They're bad. Miami is mediocre as is Buffalo. NE is elite. **** us all I guess.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Makes no sense. How could they not have built off of going 10-6 last year? The QB? He was there last year having the season of his life.

You're entitled to your opinion. It's not like being mediocre is much better than being bad. I think all 3 (Buff, MIA, NYJ) are all pretty much the same. I thought the Jets were better than Buff and MIA. I was wrong. I was hoping Fitz would be able to replicate what he did last year.

all 3 are not the same, Buf and Miami are better than us. I think Buf and Miami can compete for a WC, we have no shot.

all 3 are not the same, Buf and Miami are better than us. I think Buf and Miami can compete for a WC, we have no shot.

Disagree. I've seen nothing that impresses me from any of the 3 this year. Miami has played the best recently.

Buff and the Jets are dead barring a crazy winning streak.

I just looked at Miami's schedule and it breaks out better than I thought. That game against Arizona being in MIA is huge. They have a path to 9 or 10 wins.

I'm not one to look at history as an example of why I don't think they'll make it because no two seasons are the same, but the Dolphins always find ways to blow it down the stretch of a season when it is all there for them. Maybe Gase will be different.

Back
Top Bottom