Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

:confused: I'm not comparing the Jets offense to any other offense in the league. I'm only looking at the Jets offense and refuting the claim that the offense scores 27 PPG.

No, you are saying scoring 17 points a game solely on your own on drives starting on ur side of the field is not credit worthy. What are u basing this off? Maybe Jets rank in the top 5 with 17 points? I dont know and wouldn't know until a lot of time is spent researching.

:confused: I'm not comparing the Jets offense to any other offense in the league. I'm only looking at the Jets offense and refuting the claim that the offense scores 27 PPG.

That is not really correct. Well, I guess it depends on how you define 3 scores. 3 scores can mean 9 points or more. If you go by that, the answer is 6 times in 41 games.

What??? it doesn't depend on anything. THREE scores means more than two TD's to everyone on earth.
The answer is TWICE. He's predicting 31-10.
The Jets don't lose games by 17 points. Almost NEVER ... and only to Brady (45-3 and 31-14)

No, you are saying scoring 17 points a game solely on your own on drives starting on ur side of the field is not credit worthy. What are u basing this off? Maybe Jets rank in the top 5 with 17 points? I dont know and wouldn't know until a lot of time is spent researching.

No, I never gave a PPG number or an offensive ranking for the Jets. I am only refuting that the Jets score 27 PPG. Not that they shouldn't be ranked #9. If I wanted to prove that, I would have to do a lot of research.

I said only scoring a FG when the D gives you the ball in FG is not credit worthy. I said if you truly want to compare 1 offense with another, you can't just go by the PPG stat becasue it skews the numbers.

What??? it doesn't depend on anything. THREE scores means more than two TD's to everyone on earth.
The Jets don't lose games by 21 points. Almost NEVER ... and only to Brady.

A FG is not considered a score? 3 FGs do not equal 9 points?

No, I never gave a PPG number or an offensive ranking for the Jets. I am only refuting that the Jets score 27 PPG. Not that they shouldn't be ranked #9. If I wanted to prove that, I would have to do a lot of research.

I said only scoring a FG when the D gives you the ball in FG is not credit worthy. I said if you truly want to compare 1 offense with another, you can't just go by the PPG stat becasue it skews the numbers.

You're not serious, are you?? Every football fan on Earth knows that beating a team by three scores means more than 2 TD's ... everyone but you I guess. But if it makes you happy, then put it this way ... we've lost TWO games by 17 points since Rex has been here. And if the QB wasn't named Brady, it hasn't happened. So I'm just saying that 31-10 is a silly prediction.
The game will be close, and probably down to the wire.

You are only considering the punt block TD against Dal, and the safety against the Jags. You also need to consider that the D put the Jets O in FG range in that game and the O did nothing more than a FG. The D put the Jets O in FG range on the Jags 28 and 18 and the O could only get 2 FGs. The D also put the Jets O on the Jags 1 yardline which led to a TD. Those points did not come from the Jets O, they came from the D.

I don't need to consoder anything else b/c we aren't doing that for other teams. Do we take away poitns from Buf's O b/c they had 4 INTs? Sometimes your D or STs put you in a good positio and sometimes thye don't- that stuff evens out.

You're not serious, are you?? Every football fan on Earth knows that beating a team by three scores means more than 2 TD's ... everyone but you I guess. But if it makes you happy, then put it this way ... we've lost TWO games by 17 points since Rex has been here. And if the QB wasn't named Brady, it hasn't happened. So I'm just saying that 31-10 is a silly prediction.

Not a lot of teams lose games by 17 points. The Dolphins have only lost 3 by 17 points in 35 games.

For the record, I don't think the Jets will lose by 21 points.

I don't need to consoder anything else b/c we aren't doing that for other teams. Do we take away poitns from Buf's O b/c they had 4 INTs? Sometimes your D or STs put you in a good positio and sometimes thye don't- that stuff evens out.

No, it does not even out. Not all defenses are equal. If I was going to compare the Jets with the Bills offense, I would look at what the offense actually did, and not just the numbers.

Not a lot of teams lose games by 17 points. The Dolphins have only lost 3 by 17 points in 35 games.

I agree with you ... and certainly not good teams. (10 times in 35 games for the Bills BTW). That's why I'm saying to that guy, that predicting a 31-10 loss for the Jets is ridiculous.

I agree with you ... and certainly not good teams. (10 times in 35 games for the Bills BTW). That's why predicting a 31-10 loss for the Jets is ridiculous.

I agree with you as well, but anything can happen. Bal beat Pitt by 28, and before that Pitt had lost 0 games by 17 points in 35 games, and just once in 54 games.

I agree with you as well, but anything can happen. Bal beat Pitt by 28, and before that Pitt had lost 0 games by 17 points in 35 games, and just once in 54 games.

true ... that's what turning the ball over seven times can do to you.

For the record, I don't think the Jets will lose by 21 points.

No, it does not even out. Not all defenses are equal. If I was going to compare the Jets with the Bills offense, I would look at what the offense actually did, and not just the numbers.

So I assume you will take out all points scored after turnovers or good returns that set the O up in good FP?

Brad Smith is a game changer...if he ever gets to return more than 1 kick in a 3 game span. Zero catches in a spread offense team. And, Maybin won't be getting $4mil a yr to be a bench warmer. Seriously, u gonna stay like this when ur team goes on a losing streak?

Junior, I've been a Bills fan for 48 years. Believe me when I say I can handle losing streaks. Been there, done that a lot the last decade.

As for Maybin, he's a bust. He's too light to play DE (at least 30-40 lbs too light) and he's not athletic enough to play LB or SS. That's a reality. The Bills were desperate for a pass rusher last season, and Maybin couldn't even get on the field.

So I assume you will take out all points scored after turnovers or good returns that set the O up in good FP?

No, not all the points. If a team gets the ball in FG range from a TO or a good ST return, and then takes it 10, 20, 30 yards for a TD, I think the O deserves some credit. If a team gets the ball already in FG range and only scores a FG, I don't think they deserve any credit. I don't think a team that gets the ball on the 1 and scores a TD deserves much credit either. There are not a lot of teams that can't get a TD with 1st and goal on the 1.

The Jets don't lose games by 17 points. Almost NEVER ... and only to Brady (45-3 and 31-14)

LMAO, this one gave it away. How old are you, kid? A three score game is where the opponents need more than 16 points to win. Yes, it means more than two TDs!

There's a huge difference between three FGs, and three scores. Back to Math 101 now.

Junior, I've been a Bills fan for 48 years. Believe me when I say I can handle losing streaks. Been there, done that a lot the last decade.

As for Maybin, he's a bust. He's too light to play DE (at least 30-40 lbs too light) and he's not athletic enough to play LB or SS. That's a reality. The Bills were desperate for a pass rusher last season, and Maybin couldn't even get on the field.

Bills released Maybin for two reasons.

1. He's a bust (for being 12th? overall)
2. His contract

He did well in his limited action in the pre season. Jets had an empty roster spot and they used it on him. He'll probably get like $700k a yr deal, plus he'll get more plays than Brad Smith (8 touches so far).

And maybe you can handle losing streaks. I guess u just can't handle a 3-game winning streak and act like you've reached the SB. I did use the word "reached".

LMAO, this one gave it away. How old are you, kid? A three score game is where the opponents need more than 16 points to win. Yes, it means more than two TDs!

There's a huge difference between three FGs, and three scores. Back to Math 101 now.

:lol2: You guys are so much fun!

Math has nothing to do with it. It is called terminology.

Back
Top Bottom