Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

After cutting it to 7 against dallas they got the ball at their own 1 and got it across midfield. That was huge even though he eventually fumbled.

At oak they cut the lead to 7 w/ a 93 yd drive in just over 3 mins giving the D plenty of time to get a stop and get the O the ball back but they couldn't stop oak. 5 1/2 mins w/ 3 timeouts is an eternity.

What good does that do when you still need 7 points to tie? The O can't always rely on a big special teams play, or the D to give them the ball in FG range to win games. When the Jets needed its offense to score points in the most critical time in the game, it was unable to do so. Even if the Jets had stopped Oak, they still needed 7 to tie it, and couldn't even get that.

What good does that do when you still need 7 points to tie? The O can't always rely on a big special teams play, or the D to give them the ball in FG range to win games. When the Jets needed its offense to score points in the most critical time in the game, it was unable to do so. Even if the Jets had stopped Oak, they still needed 7 to tie it, and couldn't even get that.

So w/ our defense you don't think 24 pts should be enough to at least have a chance on your last posssession?

How about it keeps u in the game, unlike Henne?

So w/ our defense you don't think 24 pts should be enough to at least have a chance on your last posssession?

Obviously it was not enough against the Raiders. Other than the Raiders (who had been allowing 29ppg), the Jets offense has not been putting up 24 points a game on its own. It is nice that the offense put itself in a position to have a chance at the end, but when you don't do anything after that, what good is it?

How about it keeps u in the game, unlike Henne?

Who cares? If you don't do anything after that, it doesn't matter. Does it make a huge difference to you if the Jets lose by 3 instead of 10?

Obviously it was not enough against the Raiders. Other than the Raiders (who had been allowing 29ppg), the Jets offense has not been putting up 24 points a game on its own. It is nice that the offense put itself in a position to have a chance at the end, but when you don't do anything after that, what good is it?

Who cares? If you don't do anything after that, it doesn't matter. Does it make a huge difference to you if the Jets lose by 3 instead of 10?

Every offense gets help whether from a TO, a good STs play, etc... It's nonsense to take credit away from them for that. Our O is averaging 25 PPG and it hasn't played really well yet. That's scary for opponents.

That's not the point. The point is that your prediction of 26-7 is HIGHLY unlikely. The Jets and Ravens are very evenly matched and the game will probably come down to a field goal either way just like last year. Take a look and see how many times this team has lost by 3 scores since Rex has been the coach. It won't be a long list ... and it won't include any team not named the Patriots.

JETS 20
RAVENS 17

:sidelol: The Jests and Ravens are very evenly matched??? Really?

QB -- Flacco >>> Sanchez
RB -- Rice >>> LT and Green together
WR --Ravens >>> Jests
OL -- Ravens >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jests
DL -- Ravens >>>>>>>>>>>> Jests
LB -- Ravens >>> Jests
S -- Ravens >>>> Jests
CB -- Ravens <<< Jests

Can you spell "desperation"? A-a-r-o-n M-a-y-b-i-n. The Jests just re-signed him.

Ravens 31-10

Every offense gets help whether from a TO, a good STs play, etc... It's nonsense to take credit away from them for that. Our O is averaging 25 PPG and it hasn't played really well yet. That's scary for opponents.

Sure they do. If the Jets had done something more than score a FG when they were put in FG range by the defense, I would give them more credit. I don't give any offense credit for a special teams TD or an int returned for a TD, or a FG when they were already in range. Yes, they all count but when I am judging an offense those type of scores have no part in it.

The stats may show that the Jets O is averaging 25 PPG, but they really are not.

QB -- Flacco >>> Sanchez
WR --Ravens >>> Jests
LB -- Ravens >>> Jests
S -- Ravens >>>> Jests
CB -- Ravens <<< Jests

Can you spell "desperation"? A-a-r-o-n M-a-y-b-i-n. The Jests just re-signed him.

Ravens 31-10

Do you watch football? If you think Bal has a huge edge you don't know what you are watching.

Sanchez and Dlacco are closer than most think, Flacco the better reg season QB and Sanchez the MUCH better postseason QB.

Rice gets the edge

We have the edge at WR(Mason is our #3 and would be starting for them)

we have the edge at TE

Ols are pretty even when mangold is back healthy

DL Bal

LBs even

Cornbers Jets
safeties even

STs Jets

How's that huge contract you gave Brad Smith working out so far?

Check every offense in the league and remove any scoring drives where they had short fields then we can talk apples to apples.

Check every offense in the league and remove any scoring drives where they had short fields then we can talk apples to apples.

I don't have to. I am only talking about the Jets offense. I'm not comparing the Jets to any other offense. If I did, I would check out what the offense actually did, and not just go by the PPG stat. If you just go by the PPG stat, the numbers will be skewed because not all ST and D are equal.

I don't have to. I am only talking about the Jets offense. I'm not comparing the Jets to any other offense. If I did, I would check out what the offense actually did, and not just go by the PPG stat. If you just go by the PPG stat, the numbers will be skewed because not all ST and D are equal.

I'm giving you PPG scored by the offense, not STs or defensive scores.

Our D has been horrible in 2 of 3 games this year.

I'm giving you PPG scored by the offense, not STs or defensive scores.

Our D has been horrible in 2 of 3 games this year.

You are only considering the punt block TD against Dal, and the safety against the Jags. You also need to consider that the D put the Jets O in FG range in that game and the O did nothing more than a FG. The D put the Jets O in FG range on the Jags 28 and 18 and the O could only get 2 FGs. The D also put the Jets O on the Jags 1 yardline which led to a TD. Those points did not come from the Jets O, they came from the D.

You are talking about the Jets and saying their O only scores 17 points a game, but u are not comparing those 17 points against the league the same way u are comparing 17 pts against 28 or whatever.

QB -- Flacco >>> Sanchez
WR --Ravens >>> Jests
LB -- Ravens >>> Jests
S -- Ravens >>>> Jests
CB -- Ravens <<< Jests

Ravens 31-10

Brad Smith is a game changer...if he ever gets to return more than 1 kick in a 3 game span. Zero catches in a spread offense team. And, Maybin won't be getting $4mil a yr to be a bench warmer. Seriously, u gonna stay like this when ur team goes on a losing streak?

Do you watch football? If you think Bal has a huge edge you don't know what you are watching.

Sanchez and Dlacco are closer than most think, Flacco the better reg season QB and Sanchez the MUCH better postseason QB.

Rice gets the edge

We have the edge at WR(Mason is our #3 and would be starting for them)

we have the edge at TE

Ols are pretty even when mangold is back healthy

DL Bal

LBs even

Cornbers Jets
safeties even

STs Jets

How's that huge contract you gave Brad Smith working out so far?

Junc ... This guy obviously knows nothing about football. let him Chirp ... it will only make him look foolish later. If he really thinks the score will be anywhere near 31-10 he must have rocks in his head. I'm not saying the Ravens can't beat us, but it will be close either way. I asked him to name ALL the games we lost by 3 scores since Rex has been here. His response ...
crickets.

Just for the record, the answer is TWICE in 41 games ... both times to Tom Brady.
Tom Brady doesn't play for the Ravens now, does he??

Meanwhile, during that same period his Bills have been steamrolled in 10 out of 35 games!
I guess when you're a Bills fan, you start to think those kind of *** whippings are normal.

And BTW ... Mangold might play Sunday.

You are talking about the Jets and saying their O only scores 17 points a game, but u are not comparing those 17 points against the league the same way u are comparing 17 pts against 28 or whatever.

:confused: I'm not comparing the Jets offense to any other offense in the league. I'm only looking at the Jets offense and refuting the claim that the offense scores 27 PPG.

I asked him to name ALL the games we lost by 3 scores since Rex has been here. His response ...
crickets.

Just for the record, the answer is TWICE in 41 games ... both times to Tom Brady.
Tom Brady doesn't play for the Ravens now, does he??

That is not really correct. Well, I guess it depends on how you define 3 scores. 3 scores can mean 9 points or more. If you go by that, the answer is 6 times in 41 games.

Back
Top Bottom