Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

Yeah ... it's been so much of a problem that Sanchez has passed for over 300 yards twice, has a rating over 90 and is in the top 10 in passing ... and we've averaged 26 points per game. We're terrified.
well obviously your one of the only jet fans who has no worries about your offensive line problems.

even the most diehard jet fans ive spoken to, to all radio stations, the one common problem with the jets is how they are going to get sanchez killed because they cant block.

Yeah ... it's been so much of a problem that Sanchez has passed for over 300 yards twice, has a rating over 90 and is in the top 10 in passing ... and we've averaged 26 points per game. We're terrified.

I am not sure it will be ugly, but Bal will be the best team the Jets have faced this year and should win.

Not trying to stir up the hornet's nest, but the Jets offensive PPG average is a little skewed. 10 points in the Cowboys game came from a punt block and an interception that set the Jets up in FG range.

Against the Jags, the Jets had 3 ints that set them up on the Jags 28, 18 and 1 yard line. They only scored a TD on the Int that gave them the ball on the 1. They also had a safety in that game. So, that is 15 points the Jets offense really had little to do with.

All the points scored in Oak were from long drives, so they get all the credit for those 24 points. However, they did come against a team that had been allowing 29 PPG up to that point. :D

o, no doubt, i agree with u. the jets are going to get their ***** handed to them.

its going to be ugly. the jets have not been able to protect sanchez vs teams like dallas, jax, and oak. baltimore is by far the best defense they will face this year. i see a ugly game also for the jets.

The Jets have ben crushed just once in the rex era, I think it is expecting a lot to see Bal crush us. is bal favored? absolutely, this will be a tough game to win but I will be shocked if it is not a close game in the 4th qtr.

Yes, cause the Cowboys, Raiders, and Jaguars are right on par with the Ravens defense. :sidelol:

Dal's D is pretty good actually, better than any D you guys have faced by far.

Mark's #s are much better this year but he is not playing nearly as well as last year. I expect he'll get better as his comfort grows w/ this WR corps but he's not playing very well so far despite the #s that tell us otherwise.

I am not sure it will be ugly, but Bal will be the best team the Jets have faced this year and should win.

Not trying to stir up the hornet's nest, but the Jets offensive PPG average is a little skewed. 10 points in the Cowboys game came from a punt block and an interception that set the Jets up in FG range.

Against the Jags, the Jets had 3 ints that set them up on the Jags 28, 18 and 1 yard line. They only scored a TD on the Int that gave them the ball on the 1. They also had a safety in that game. So, that is 15 points the Jets offense really had little to do with.

All the points scored in Oak were from long drives, so they get all the credit for those 24 points. However, they did come against a team that had been allowing 29 PPG up to that point. :D

Our offense has scored 25 PPG through 3 games(taking away the blocked punt TD and safety) and our O really hasn't played well yet so to me that is a good sign.

Turnovers don't count? needing TDs in the 4th against Dallas and Oak we went 84 yds in 2:54 against dal and 93 yds in 3:06. Our O can put up points even though it hasn't been clicking yet.

Our offense has scored 25 PPG through 3 games(taking away the blocked punt TD and safety) and our O really hasn't played well yet so to me that is a good sign.

Turnovers don't count? needing TDs in the 4th against Dallas and Oak we went 84 yds in 2:54 against dal and 93 yds in 3:06. Our O can put up points even though it hasn't been clicking yet.

Turnovers absolutely count, but I am talking about the offense. When the defense gives the offense the ball in FG range, and the offense only scores a FG, I consider that the same as a punt. When the defense gives the offense the ball on the 1 yard line, I don't consider that the same as going 30 or 40 yards for a TD.

I give full credit for both of those drives you mentioned above, but they did come when the Jets were down 14 points in the 4th.

Turnovers absolutely count, but I am talking about the offense. When the defense gives the offense the ball in FG range, and the offense only scores a FG, I consider that the same as a punt. When the defense gives the offense the ball on the 1 yard line, I don't consider that the same as going 30 or 40 yards for a TD.

I give full credit for both of those drives you mentioned above, but they did come when the Jets were down 14 points in the 4th.

and both drives got us right back in those games where we beat dallas and had a chance against oak if our D doesn't fold.

and both drives got us right back in those games where we beat dallas and had a chance against oak if our D doesn't fold.

The Jets only beat Dallas becasue of the punt block and int that set them up in FG range, not becasue of the offense. The drive (That got them back in it) was early in the 4th when the team was down 14, and most of the Cowboys secondary was off the field.

Again, I give the Jets credit for both of those drives, but I have yet to see the offense show up when the team really needs it to.

The offense kept them in the game, specifically the pass O led by Mark. No he didn't make plays late but he kept us in the game, w/o that happning the punt block and INT would have been meaningless.

Yes, cause the Cowboys, Raiders, and Jaguars are right on par with the Ravens defense. :sidelol:

That's not the point. The point is that your prediction of 26-7 is HIGHLY unlikely. The Jets and Ravens are very evenly matched and the game will probably come down to a field goal either way just like last year. Take a look and see how many times this team has lost by 3 scores since Rex has been the coach. It won't be a long list ... and it won't include any team not named the Patriots.

JETS 20
RAVENS 17

That's not the point. The point is that your prediction of 26-7 is HIGHLY unlikely. The Jets and Ravens are very evenly matched and the game will probably come down to a field goal either way just like last year. Take a look and see how many times this team has lost by 3 scores since Rex has been the coach. It won't be a long list ... and it won't include any team not named the Patriots.

JETS 20
RAVENS 17

Haloti Ngata vs. your dogsh*t o-line is more than enough to make your prediction laughable.

Haloti Ngata vs. your dogsh*t o-line is more than enough to make your prediction laughable.

Sounds like all your hopes are pinned on one player. As unstoppable as he is, maybe the Ravens should keep him in glass until 8:20PM on Sunday.

He's a good player. So what? We deal with good players every week. I trust our players and our staff to do what they need to do to handle him. We didn't get to 2 AFCCG's by accident. These guys know what they're doing.

The Ravens bettter be worried about us. Don't EVER disrespect our defense. There's a pissed off group of very good players coming into Baltimore on Sunday with something to prove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJshw2Axsqc

JETS 20
RAVENS 17

The Jets only beat Dallas becasue of the punt block and int that set them up in FG range, not becasue of the offense. The drive (That got them back in it) was early in the 4th when the team was down 14, and most of the Cowboys secondary was off the field.

They played with 8 men? I didn't know. Jets had injuries too, but it seems to be forgotten

Again, I give the Jets credit for both of those drives, but I have yet to see the offense show up when the team really needs it to.

You are kidding right? The team needed the offense to show up both the times Jets had a long TD drive against Cowboys. The team needed Jets offense to score a TD down 31-17, and they did with in 3 minutes, 93 yard drive. The D needed to stop McFadded, but couldn't and with two minutes left, Jets needed to score 10 pts. They nearly got 7 after it was over turned. The D lost that game, not the offense.

They played with 8 men? I didn't know. Jets had injuries too, but it seems to be forgotten

That might as well have been. The Cowboys secondary was severely depleted going into that game, and was even more so when Jenkins went out on that last drive the Jets scored on. Comparing the Jets injuries to the Cowboys in that game is comical.

You are kidding right? The team needed the offense to show up both the times Jets had a long TD drive against Cowboys. The team needed Jets offense to score a TD down 31-17, and they did with in 3 minutes, 93 yard drive. The D needed to stop McFadded, but couldn't and with two minutes left, Jets needed to score 10 pts. They nearly got 7 after it was over turned. The D lost that game, not the offense.

Scoring a TD when your down 14 is fine, but what you do after that is far more important. The Jets did cut it to 7 against the Cowboys early in the 4th, but did nothing after that.

They waited until there was only 5:00 min left in the game against the Raiders to cut it to 7, and also did nothing after that. Even if the defense had not allowed the FG by Oak, they still needed 7 just to tie it, and they came up short.

You may consider cutting a 14 point lead to a 7 point lead showing up but if you don't do anything after that, I call it coming up short.

That might as well have been. The Cowboys secondary was severely depleted going into that game, and was even more so when Jenkins went out on that last drive the Jets scored on. Comparing the Jets injuries to the Cowboys in that game is comical.

Scoring a TD when your down 14 is fine, but what you do after that is far more important. The Jets did cut it to 7 against the Cowboys early in the 4th, but did nothing after that.

They waited until there was only 5:00 min left in the game against the Raiders to cut it to 7, and also did nothing after that. Even if the defense had not allowed the FG by Oak, they still needed 7 just to tie it, and they came up short.

You may consider cutting a 14 point lead to a 7 point lead showing up but if you don't do anything after that, I call it coming up short.

After cutting it to 7 against dallas they got the ball at their own 1 and got it across midfield. That was huge even though he eventually fumbled.

At oak they cut the lead to 7 w/ a 93 yd drive in just over 3 mins giving the D plenty of time to get a stop and get the O the ball back but they couldn't stop oak. 5 1/2 mins w/ 3 timeouts is an eternity.

Back
Top Bottom