Luck come a helping the Jets again | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck come a helping the Jets again

I think so but the point of that was Campbell barely gets tocuhed and we see a flag but sanchez got hit much later and harder yet we didn't see flags.
i think overall the rules about hitting the qbs are bs. its like you cant breathe on them anymore, literally.

as much as i hate the jets and i was happy to see that called, i was sitting their with my father and we watched the replay, and we were saying how it was such a bad call. he didnt touch him really.

That is a silly question, and the answer is no if everything played out the same way it did. Here is one for you. If the Jets did not block the punt and return it for a TD, would the Jets have won or not? You fail to see that the Jets offense did nothing down 24-17. They needed a lucky break to win.

There were over 2,800 punts last season, and only 12 (SD and Mia's poor ST play accounted for 6) were blocked. That is less than half of a 1 percent chance. The chance of it being returned for a TD is even less. Teams focus more on trying to return them rather than trying to block them because blocking a punt usually happens when the other team makes a mistake. Not from a great play by the defender. It was a lucky break. The Jets needed help from Dallas to win and they got it.

yadi yadi yaa....I asked u if the Jets scored a FG instead of a TD, do the Jets win, and u said no, the Jets lose. That should solve the argument that the Jets offense did just enough to win the game. I will answer the lucky break with in this post. See below.

I give the Jets credit for defending the play just like I give them credit for winning the game in OT. That does not negate the fact that if Det had run the ball, the Jets would not have had enough time to get into FG range to tie it. The Jets had no control over the Lions running or passing, and benefited from the Lions decision to pass. It was as lucky break that they chose to pass. Drew had not attempted a pass in 3 weeks, and was not expecting to attempt a pass in that game. I don't care what he did after that. It was a dumb call that gave the Jets a chance to tie it.

Doesn't matter. Its not luck. U just don't get the meaning of luck. Also, didn't we already settle that 13 second runoff deal that would have negated the passing play anyways? U keep forgetting it seems.

It was not challenged because it was ruled a TD and there was not any overwhelming evidence that would overturn it. Why would it take the refs 14 seconds to make a call that you say they saw in just a couple of seconds? It was because they did not know if he crossed or not, and just gave it to him. It was one bad call for another.

Refs had to move the players and see where the QB and the ball was. When there's no overwhelming evidence, or no evidence in this case, I think I can rest my case. One bad call for another...u make me crack. lol

I've seen many roughing the kicker penalties where the kicker does not get injured. In fact, I am sure there are more roughing the kicker penalties where the kicker did not get injured than there are penalties where they do. He was not blocked into the kicker. There was a Jet player standing in between him and the kicker which caused him to role into the kicker, but he was not blocked into him. Injuries are part of the game, but that does not mean that the Jets didn't get a lucky break. The Jets don't win that game if that does not happen. Were the Dolphins lucky that Brady went down in 08? Injuries are part of the game right?

Well, you are wrong. Kicker DID get injured due to the roughing the kicker deal, and it lead to 3 extra points. Obviously, Lions thought Suh can kick, and it was a nice kick, except he's not a professional kicker and wasn't accurate enough.

In regards to Braylon's fumble: it was a good strip by the defender. You can call it a lucky break for the Lions, but you have to watch how each play happens. If you think all fumbles, dropped passes and ints are all the same, you are wrong.
Some are caused by the defense
, and some are caused by bad decisions / throws, and lack of concentration. The latter are considered lucky breaks.

This is the point about lucky break. Here u go. U wanna take a u turn before or after my post? The Jets D caused the fumble on Romo. Watch the play. As for the Braylon fumble, the defender was just trying to tackle, it was not a strip. Watch the play please cuz if u keep on making stuff, i'll have to show u a frame by frame pic, just like I did with the Santonio Holmes PI call against Broncos.

I certainly watched the Jets game against the Cowboys, and it was very clear to everyone (other than some Jets fans) as to what happened. If you think the Jets played good enough to win that game without the help of the Cowboys, you are sadly mistaken.

I saw the Jets D make great plays. Maybe you've never seen a QB fumble, and maybe you've never seen an underthrown pass getting intercepted. I've seen it and its not luck. If the CB can adjust to underthrows, so can the WR. Revis made the play before the WR could. Romo didn't pass because his receivers were covered. He decided to opt against passing and rather going the safer route. Except, Mike Devito stripped the ball out of Romos grip and Jets D recovered. I've seen it many times where QBs avoid throws and try to get some yardage out of a broken play. Obviously u haven't seen Vick play.

You have to compare the situations. You said it yourself, Romo ran for the goal line. Yes, it was still a good play by the defender, but Romo ran towards the defender while Sanchez was trying to run away from the defender. Dallas had the ball with 1 and goal on the 3 yard line up 7 points. All they had to do was run it 3 times, and at worst case they go up by 10. The Jets were lucky that Dallas chose to pass twice (on the 2 yard line), and that Romo made a run for the goal line rather than throwing it away or taking a sack.

The interception by Romo was a horrible decision, and a horrible throw. Please watch the play again. You can't force a QB to throw a ball to a guy that is clearly covered.
Romo threw it about 2 yards short of Bryant, and all Revis had to do was catch it
. It was thrown right at Revis. Very different from the int Lee got from Sanchez.

Even if you want to call both of those plays great plays by the Jets, they are still 7 points short of a win. They still needed the Cowboys to let a guy come through (right up the middle) to block a punt. It is very easy to explain. At the end of the day, the Jets still won. A win is still a win no matter how it came about. I just don't like when people can't see the difference of when a team wins a game and when the other team losses the game. There is a difference.

Sure, that's all Dez had to do as well. But I guess Revis shouldn't get the credit because he didn't score a TD.

Ok, Im going to answer like u. If the Jets don't block that punt, they return it for a TD. If they don't return it for a TD, Sanchez throws a quick screen to LT and LT takes it to the house. Seems all bullsh*t, but so does your theory that the Jets needed a blocked punt. The whole course of the game changes, if u must know.

Dallas had a chance to get into field goal range, but they committed a holding penalty late in the game with less than a minute left. Jets D still hung on. I guess that was luck too?

You're making my point.
The Raiders won because they made the plays they needed to make. They deserved to win.
And when we win it's because we make the plays we need to make. We didn't get it done on Sunday.
That's it and that's all.
Luck has nothing to do with winning in the NFL. Well, maybe not "nothing" .... but very little. Every once in a while you see a crazy bounce or a game changing call (see Clavin Johnson against the Bears last year). But this place is filled with people who actually believe that luck is the resaon for the Jets' success. That's ridiculous ... open your eyes.

The team that performs better on Sunday wins 95% of the time. Since Rex has been here, more often than not, that team is us. That's why we win.

Exactly. Jets messed up the kickoff return, but credit to the Raiders for playing a great ground and pound game. Same for the Jets when we win.

I never said all of the Jets wins were from lucky breaks... but becasue of lucky breaks, they were able to win those games.

So the 38-3 win against the Jags wasn't lucky because we whooped their *** but the close games are lucky? I never knew.

Jets are staring down a 2-3 start...they might win in New England, but next week is a sure-loss...there only goal should be Sanchez's survival.

Jets are staring down a 2-3 start...they might win in New England, but next week is a sure-loss...there only goal should be Sanchez's survival.

Yeah ... we're so worried about playing the Ravens. We shouldn't even show up. They're a bunch of Supermen. Unbeatable. It's not as if they gave up 430 yards of offense and lost to Tennessee by 2 touchdowns last week. Oh wait ... they did.

And why is that? Cuz the Ravens lost to the Titans? Or cuz they beat up on a lowly Rams, like the Jets did on Jags?

We could be 2-3 but we are far from out of it if we do wind up 2-3. No game is a sure loss w/ a team as good as they Jets, they can beat any team in any building. I actually like our odds better at Bal than at NE.

Buf's off to a great start, I tip my cap, but don't get too ****y. They are still behind th Jets and Pats desptie being ahead in the standings for now.

yadi yadi yaa....I asked u if the Jets scored a FG instead of a TD, do the Jets win, and u said no, the Jets lose. That should solve the argument that the Jets offense did just enough to win the game. I will answer the lucky break with in this post. See below.

:lol: The last offensive score for the Jets was 3 min into the 4th quarter, making the score 24-17 Cowboys. Yep, that settles it. The offense had nothing to do with the 10 points that were scored after that.

Doesn't matter. Its not luck. U just don't get the meaning of luck. Also, didn't we already settle that 13 second runoff deal that would have negated the passing play anyways? U keep forgetting it seems.

Luck can be defined as good fortune which occurs beyond ones control. The Jets had no control over Det running or passing when the Lions were up 3 with under 2 min in the game. The Jets had no control over Hanson, or Stafford getting injured. The Jets had no control over the Cowboys running or passing when they were up 7 and on the Jets 2 yard line. The Jets had no control when Dallas allowed a guy to come through unblocked. The Jets benefited from all of those plays and had nothing to do with them. Without them they lose.

Refs had to move the players and see where the QB and the ball was. When there's no overwhelming evidence, or no evidence in this case, I think I can rest my case. One bad call for another...u make me crack. lol

The refs gave him a TD, and you said yourself there was no evidence showing that to be the case. I think he was short. It was one bad call for another.

Well, you are wrong. Kicker DID get injured due to the roughing the kicker deal, and it lead to 3 extra points. Obviously, Lions thought Suh can kick, and it was a nice kick, except he's not a professional kicker and wasn't accurate enough.

Please read my post. I never said kickers don't get injured. I said kickers do not always get injured on a roughing penalty. I saw one just yesterday and the kicker did not get injured. It lead to 3 extra points (should have been 4) becasue the Jets roughed the kicker. That is a penalty. The Jets were fortunate that the kicker did get injured becasue that was the difference in the game.

This is the point about lucky break. Here u go. U wanna take a u turn before or after my post? The Jets D caused the fumble on Romo. Watch the play. As for the Braylon fumble, the defender was just trying to tackle, it was not a strip. Watch the play please cuz if u keep on making stuff, i'll have to show u a frame by frame pic, just like I did with the Santonio Holmes PI call against Broncos.

Again, please read my post. I am not the one who talked about Holmes PI call. It looked liked the defender put his hand right on the ball when he was tackling Braylon. I never said that Romo's fumble itself was luck. I compared Romo's fumble to Sanchez, and gave more credit to the Cowboys play than to the Jets becasue Romo was running toward the Jets defenders when he was stripped compared to Sanchez trying to run away from the Cowboy defender. I said that the Jets were lucky that the Cowboys decided to pass the ball twice when they were up 7 and had 1st and goal on Jets 3 yard line.

I saw the Jets D make great plays. Maybe you've never seen a QB fumble, and maybe you've never seen an underthrown pass getting intercepted. I've seen it and its not luck. If the CB can adjust to underthrows, so can the WR. Revis made the play before the WR could. Romo didn't pass because his receivers were covered. He decided to opt against passing and rather going the safer route. Except, Mike Devito stripped the ball out of Romos grip and Jets D recovered. I've seen it many times where QBs avoid throws and try to get some yardage out of a broken play. Obviously u haven't seen Vick play.

Romo threw the ball short when Bryant was ahead of Revis. It was more of a horrible decision and throw from Romo rather than a great play by Revis.

In regards to the fumble; the Cowboys should not have been passing in that situation. They had 1st and goal from the Jets 3 yard line and were up by 7 already. Not the time for Romo to try to imitate Vick and scramble to try and get some yards.

You keep forgetting the biggest break the Jets got in that game. It had nothing to do with the Jets offense or defense.

Sure, that's all Dez had to do as well. But I guess Revis shouldn't get the credit because he didn't score a TD.

Ok, Im going to answer like u. If the Jets don't block that punt, they return it for a TD. If they don't return it for a TD, Sanchez throws a quick screen to LT and LT takes it to the house. Seems all bullsh*t, but so does your theory that the Jets needed a blocked punt. The whole course of the game changes, if u must know.

Revis was behind Bryant and the ball was 2 yards short. Bryant did turn around and got to see the ball thrown right at Revis.

Down 7 the Jets offense was doing nothing the rest of that 4th quarter. If the Jets don't block that punt, they lose. The Cowboys outplayed the Jets in that game. You clearly don't see it that way, and that is fine. You can think what you want. I am not the only one who saw it happen. If you think so, just ask around. One of friends is a Jet fan and he has no problem agreeing that the Jets got lucky in that game.

as good of a start as the bills have gotten off to, and dont get me wrong, considering the fins do not look like they are winning anything this year, especially in terms of division titles, or playoffs in general, and considering someone has to win the afc east in the end, i would be really happy if it was the bills.

However, to the bills fans, lets just not get too ahead of ourselves. in 2008, you guys i believe started 5-1 and then crumbled.

also, not that i take anything away from you guys, but the past 2 weeks at home, vs 2 very solid teams, you guys got down by 21 pts before coming back to win. Now, that is very impressive, and good job climbing back and pulling it off, but you guys are not going to be able to come back from 21 pts on a consistent basis. you guys will have to play a full 60 minute game worth of good football on a consistent basis to win games in this league.

Now again, its a great story, im rooting for u guys over the jets and the pats for sure, but lets not jump the gun just yet.

I'm not getting too ****y...I still believe the Bills are pretenders until proven otherwise. That doesn't change the fact that the Jets interior o-line is a sieve that's getting Sanchez killed. Now you're going against the best DT in the NFL--who threw your linemen around like a ragdoll and crushed Sanchez last year. Saying Baltimore will be a better matchup than New England is ****ing laughable. You don't have the tools to exploit their D--and good luck on hoping for another ravens let down like the Titans game. Baltimore is more physical than you on both sides of the ball, and their O-line isn't anywhere near the liability that yours is. Ravens win 26-7.

I'm not getting too ****y...I still believe the Bills are pretenders until proven otherwise. That doesn't change the fact that the Jets interior o-line is a sieve that's getting Sanchez killed. Now you're going against the best DT in the NFL--who threw your linemen around like a ragdoll and crushed Sanchez last year. Saying Baltimore will be a better matchup than New England is ****ing laughable. You don't have the tools to exploit their D--and good luck on hoping for another ravens let down like the Titans game. Baltimore is more physical than you on both sides of the ball, and their O-line isn't anywhere near the liability that yours is. Ravens win 26-7.
o, no doubt, i agree with u. the jets are going to get their ***** handed to them.

its going to be ugly. the jets have not been able to protect sanchez vs teams like dallas, jax, and oak. baltimore is by far the best defense they will face this year. i see a ugly game also for the jets.

o, no doubt, i agree with u. the jets are going to get their ***** handed to them.

its going to be ugly. the jets have not been able to protect sanchez vs teams like dallas, jax, and oak. baltimore is by far the best defense they will face this year. i see a ugly game also for the jets.

Yeah ... it's been so much of a problem that Sanchez has passed for over 300 yards twice, has a rating over 90 and is in the top 10 in passing ... and we've averaged 26 points per game. We're terrified.

Yeah ... it's been so much of a problem that Sanchez has passed for over 300 yards twice, has a rating over 90 and is in the top 10 in passing ... and we've averaged 26 points per game. We're terrified.

Yes, cause the Cowboys, Raiders, and Jaguars are right on par with the Ravens defense. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom