Luck, Griffin, & Wilson vs. Tannehill & Weeden: An Objective Analysis (Part I) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Luck, Griffin, & Wilson vs. Tannehill & Weeden: An Objective Analysis (Part I)

It's true that the stats aren't necessarily predictive. They are simply a superior method of evaluation than virtually every subjective measure. It's not much different than index funds defeating managed funds. The more decisions are made, the further from the truth.

And once the sample size is large enough, the numbers almost predict themselves. Tannehill was 7.0 YPA in his first season at starter at Texas A&M, then 7.1 as a senior. He's followed that with 6.8 and 6.8 (so far) in his two NFL seasons. That's why I always emphasize it's dangerous to predict greatness when greatness has never surfaced previously. Russell Wilson has managed 8 yards per attempt or higher for three different teams since 2009.

couldn't be system-based, having Tannehill played in the same Sherman's system in NCAA and NFL? I have not read the entire thread, so I apologize if it was already explained (or if the Offense at A&M was really the same as in the Dolphins)

Enjoy! :up:

I think most of your stat threads are total lunacy.....but I'll give you credit, your comebacks when you aren't spewing stats..........crack me up. I can appreciate whit even when it's directed at me. Kudos!

It's true that the stats aren't necessarily predictive. They are simply a superior method of evaluation than virtually every subjective measure. It's not much different than index funds defeating managed funds. The more decisions are made, the further from the truth.

And once the sample size is large enough, the numbers almost predict themselves. Tannehill was 7.0 YPA in his first season at starter at Texas A&M, then 7.1 as a senior. He's followed that with 6.8 and 6.8 (so far) in his two NFL seasons. That's why I always emphasize it's dangerous to predict greatness when greatness has never surfaced previously. Russell Wilson has managed 8 yards per attempt or higher for three different teams since 2009.

6.9, 6.3, 6.9 Tom Brady's YPA during his first three seasons. Some Dolphins fans would have been calling for him to be replaced.....

6.7 - Andrew Luck's YPA this year... cut him now!

6.2 - Drew Brees YPA in his second season. The slacker.

6.8 - Russell Wilson's YPA in his THIRD year of starting at NC State. No wonder he got run out of town.

6.9 - Matt Ryan's career YPA at Boston College. Why was he ever drafted?

6.5, 6.5 - Matt Ryan's YPA for his 2nd and third pro season. Should have been cut....

6.9 - Phillip Rivers' YPA in his 2nd year as a starter.

That's at least 6 QBs that people put ahead of Tannehill that should be grateful that the fickle fans on this site aren't making personnel decisions.

In those threads you kind of let the stats speak for themselves, and the data "supports" that he has "the tools" to become one. I was more or less looking for YOUR opinion. You sort of hide your opinion behind the stats, not that it bothers me, I'm just truly curious if you have an opinion on the matter..

In those threads you kind of let the stats speak for themselves, and the data "supports" that he has "the tools" to become one. I was more or less looking for YOUR opinion. You sort of hide your opinion behind the stats, not that it bothers me, I'm just truly curious if you have an opinion on the matter..
I base my opinions on the objective evidence. I'd say he has a good chance of becoming successful at the level need to make the team highly competitive, but that he clearly isn't there yet.

Back
Top Bottom