Madison coul be gone. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Madison coul be gone.

thats ok, last year the bills showed us how far a top defense can get you anyway :)

i agree though if we lose both ogun and madison the d will be in trouble and the O would have to step up a lot.

we better either keep Madison or draft DeAngelo Hall

I wouldn't mind drafting a CB if we get a pick for Ogun. There's plenty CB's to go around this year.

In 2003 We Were not that Great in Passing D....

Originally posted by Lukin
Our defense is gonna suck

Well last year our D SUCKED against the pass...

Sure it was great in preventing points, I give that credit to the D line. It put enough QB pressures and got the QB sacks to win some games for us...

This D was a top 10 in Total Passing Yds Allowed, Passing Completions, and Passing Yds per Game in 2002...

This past year (2003) the rankings were:

# 19th in Yds/g (208.4), # 19 in Total pass yds (3335), and # 22 in passing completion (60%)...

I would like to keep Sam also (would be happier if he restructures). But if the FO decides to take drastic measures there are alternatives in FA. Antoine Winfield and others, for less money...

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
His release would save about $1.7 million (adjusting for top 51). It would also save about $8.7 million in 2005, $9.3 million in 2006, and $7.8 million in 2007 and he would no longer count on Miami's cap after 2004.

So if wants to stay, he would need to cut his salary by at least the $1.7 million. If he plays in Miami this season, then he would still count on at least the 2005 cap

Could you replace him? Yes, there are some good, younger CBs available and the cap hit wouldn't be much more than the $1.7 million

Wow,I didnt realize how much future cap his contract clears up.So F---ing londg SAM.

I think we should just make him watch game film of all his blown coverages...he should be willing to restructure after that.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Troy is wayyy to expensive.

It was my understanding that we could get him for less than 4 million per year. That doesn't seem to be that unrealistic in light of Madison's numbers.

Originally posted by Lukin
Our defense is gonna suck

that is why Miami needs to start looking toward the future lots of players on the d are turning or pushing 30..

Back
Top Bottom