Mainstream media has logo leak story | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mainstream media has logo leak story

To me, it looks like a Dolphin swimming, or "moving forward", almost as if you were looking up at the Dolphin with water actually being there.

So a swimming dolphin is girly??

I have seen a few photos of dolphins jumping with that same exact pose

I'm going to be laughing so hard when the logo detractors see the new unis (which people are saying are retro looking ones) do a 180, and start buying a ton of the new merch.

I'm with skape. Although I would tweak the proposed design, I've been dying for a timeless logo and am excited we finally might get one.

Logos are supposed to be symbols, not cartoon characters. The current logo is a cartoon. It's juvenile, hokey and dated IMO. Look at all the best logos in the NFL. The classic ones like the colts, bears, packers, bills, cowboys, Lions, etc. those logos are all symbols, not cartoon characters, thus they appear timeless. That seems to be the direction the dolphins are trying to go with.

Who cares what seems out dated or what not, a classic look is always respected! Did the dolphin with a helmet seem hokey when the team went undefeated in 1972? Hell no, unless we had andrew luck and I felt positive that we would dominate for the next decade then I would be excited to start fresh and make history with a new logo. The fact that we don't know who are starting receiver will be next season... hmmm childish or not I'll stick with our logo that looks similar to when we once dominated!

Nope I don't find Dolphins to be girly but this logo design is.

But Dolphins in real life use that pose.

stuartwestmorlandbottlenosedolphinjumpin-1.jpg

dolphinbottlenosejumping017724-1.jpg

Do only the female Dolphins jump like that?

Who cares what seems out dated or what not, a classic look is always respected! Did the dolphin with a helmet seem hokey when the team went undefeated in 1972? Hell no, unless we had andrew luck and I felt positive that we would dominate for the next decade then I would be excited to start fresh and make history with a new logo. The fact that we don't know who are starting receiver will be next season... hmmm childish or not I'll stick with our logo that looks similar to when we once dominated!

This proves my point. People are only resistant to the change because they have an affinity for the old logo because of past successes. Basically, if the old logo was a cartoon character of a smelly turd and the team won superbowls with that logo, people would be resistant to changing that too... The problem is, the dolphins haven't won CRAP with the current cartoon iteration of the logo.

Don't like the new logo at all, and I'm one of those that wishes they'd go back to the '80s and early '90s logo. But if they have to go with the logo proposed in this thread, I wish they'd at least turn the tail down. Guess I still just love the old logo too much.

2rm8ow5-1.jpg

Attachments

• fins_logo.jpg
    fins_logo.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I'm going to take a deep breath and have faith in Nike's judgment. On a positive note, at least Nike has time to put together a nice uniform since they're not working on all the other teams this offseason!

Don't like the new logo at all, and I'm one of those that wishes they'd go back to the '80s and early '90s logo. But if they have to go with the logo proposed in this thread, I wish they'd at least turn the tail down. Guess I still just love the old logo too much.

View attachment 9640
I think the biggest problem with the tail for people is that it is different. The tail has been going one way for 43 years and now suddenly it might be going the other way. Change is always going to be hard to accept and I am sure there were a large amount that hated when they changed to the current logo. Personally if given the choice between the current logo and this proposal, I think I would choose the current one. I don't think the proposal is "feminine" or "hideous", I do think it is one that can grow on the fan base. I also think those saying they will never buy anything with this proposed logo on it are full of it and just going to the extreme at this point.

I just threw up in my mouth ....our logo's masculinity was on the fence, but this one is coming out of the closet...........gay!!!

Like him or hate him, I'm sure omar and several other media guys have had access to see the new logo, or at least it wouldn't surprise me if they had. So i'm actually going to say he's right and that we're not going to have this... logo as our logo. Seriously that one, I dont' like it or hate it. Apathy.

Msn.com is reporting it... fox.com is reporting it...

What does it need to be validly called mainstream? Armando has to report it? (snickering)... I'm just pointing out that all media online is posting this story with the yardbarker link. get a brain.

You're just pointing these facts out now so how was anyone supposed to know about them when the only link you provided was from Yardbarker?

Back
Top Bottom