Mainstream media has logo leak story | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mainstream media has logo leak story

Leaked logo is atrocious! Just hideous and girly. I don't think I could get that logo tattooed on me like the current one. Some fan designs that I've seen I actually like but holy hell is that one horrible.

No disrespect but this forum will blow up up when that gay dolphin is representing our franchise! Prepare to merge a lot of threads!! A logo change is a big deal and the fact that this new logo will be worn in 2013 i'm pretty sure it deserves urgent attention. let me remind you, take a look..

View attachment 9638

Can someone please explain what makes this leaked logo "girly "?

I don't get it. It's just a silloheuette of a dolphin jumping in front of the sun. How exactly would a logo of a dolphin look manly? The current logo certainly doesn't look manly. The current logo looks childish because it looks like a special needs cartoon dolphin. The leaked logo is so simple as to be almost bland, but certainly not girly. It's not pink with floral prints or something.

Never knew yardbarker.com was considered mainstream media.

Msn.com is reporting it... fox.com is reporting it...

What does it need to be validly called mainstream? Armando has to report it? (snickering)... I'm just pointing out that all media online is posting this story with the yardbarker link. get a brain.

I don't get it. It's just a silloheuette of a dolphin jumping in front of the sun. How exactly would a logo of a dolphin look manly? The current logo certainly doesn't look manly. The current logo looks childish because it looks like a special needs cartoon dolphin. The leaked logo is so simple as to be almost bland, but certainly not girly. It's not pink with floral prints or something.
The pose of the Dolphin to me looks very feminine. I showed my girlfriend it and she laughed and says it looks awful. She's not a real football fan so she's looking at it from a neutral logo standpoint. I personally really like our current logo and don't think it needs to be changed.

I barely ever post but I gotta say...I like this logo a lot more than the "mean" one with the red/orange eye. We are the Dolphins, not the Sharks. No point in trying to play it up like some sort of badass predator. It just comes off as lame in my opinion.

I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw this comment on deadspin.

"It's like a flying dolphin photobombing an anus."

A_DSxSRCYAAIEYt.png

holy smokes that was funny

The pose of the Dolphin to me looks very feminine. I showed my girlfriend it and she laughed and says it looks awful. She's not a real football fan so she's looking at it from a neutral logo standpoint. I personally really like our current logo and don't think it needs to be changed.
The pose looks like that of a Dolphin. Basically if you think it looks feminine or "girly" you probably view a Dolphin in general as being feminine or "girly".

Yeah but it looks like he's jumping through a ring at sea world. His tail is flipping upwards, he doesn't have any eyes or eyebrows to give him an ounce of emotion, and lastly he doesn't have a helmet! I'm sorry this dolphin is not ready to play football. Taking the helmet off is way too much of a radical change from a franchise that has so much history. Boy I so hope this isn't finalized.

Yeah but it looks like he's jumping through a ring at sea world. His tail is flipping upwards, he doesn't have any eyes or eyebrows to give him an ounce of emotion, and lastly he doesn't have a helmet! I'm sorry this dolphin is not ready to play football. Taking the helmet off is way too much of a radical change from a franchise that has so much history. Boy I so hope this isn't finalized.

Logos are supposed to be symbols, not cartoon characters. The current logo is a cartoon. It's juvenile, hokey and dated IMO. Look at all the best logos in the NFL. The classic ones like the colts, bears, packers, bills, cowboys, Lions, etc. those logos are all symbols, not cartoon characters, thus they appear timeless. That seems to be the direction the dolphins are trying to go with.

See, I like this one the best. It's clean....but not in a feminine hygene product way.

At least the dolpins tail isn't flipping upwards! When do you think they come public with the new logo?

The pose looks like that of a Dolphin. Basically if you think it looks feminine or "girly" you probably view a Dolphin in general as being feminine or "girly".
Nope I don't find Dolphins to be girly but this logo design is.

To me, it looks like a Dolphin swimming, or "moving forward", almost as if you were looking up at the Dolphin with water actually being there.

Back
Top Bottom