Mainstream media has logo leak story | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mainstream media has logo leak story

Again, we don't know if this logo is legit or not. However, it really isn't that bad if it does end up being close to this. I think the curve of the Dolphin is very good and the more simplistic Dolphin appears to be homage to the 70s. I am a fan of the current logo so change is always going to be scary, but if this ends up being the new logo, I think it is one that can grow on us. Not sure how it is "feminine" or "looks like a Penis", but to each their own.

If the Dolphins win become successful shortly after the logo change, people will learn to love it regardless. People hated the new Broncos and Patriots logos initially, but after a few Super Bowl wins, they learned to love it as they are now associated with success. I bet if they tried to redesign those same logos now there would be a lot of blowback from the fanbase.

A lot of the feedback on this board is constructive and intelligent...the one comment I can't understand? Who of you out there have penises shaped like THAT?!

Seriously, you should probably get that checked out.

A lot of the feedback on this board is constructive and intelligent...the one comment I can't understand? Who of you out there have penises shaped like THAT?!

I bet a dolphin shaped penis would be quite popular with the ladies... Doing flipper tricks all up in it!

mike Dee told us, that there was plenty of time to gauge fan feedback on any new logo. that it could be changed, adjusted or even scraped. I'd say the leak is legit and is the start of the feedback process.

Well then, here's my feedback: it absolutely sucks. It looks effeminate, generic, and lacks even an ounce of creativity. It does nothing to honor the past, like they've said the new logo would. It looks like it should be the logo for a ****ing hotel, not a football team. So Mike Dee, if you're reading this- back to the drawing board my friend.

not a fan. those other logos have something about them that seems more professional. I've seen better amature efforts around here.

Logos aren't cartoons or intricate works of art. They are symbols! As a symbol, this logo is quite well designed actually from a logo design standpoint.

In all honesty, what is the difference in style of this dolphin logo and the Bills logo? Would you say the Bills logo is crap? They are both simple, outlines of the mascot animal with the team colors with a classic, simple timeless feel.

I think the only feedback they will take into account is the position and shape of the tail.

Most people hate logo redesigns of established brands. Initial feedback is almost always negative, but in time people begin to embrace the logo. I believe that will happen for this design. My initial reaction was neither negative nor positive. However, it has grown on me. Then again, I despise the current logo for its cartoonish and silly style. I prefer logos that are simple and timeless and I believe that is what they are trying to achieve with this new logo.

We won't truly be able to appreciate the new logo until we see it in action and in conjunction with the new uniforms and apparel.

Skape, if you want a simple and timeless logo (as I do), they should just go back to the old logo from the 80's and early 90's. It's one of the best logos ever in sports.

The only thing these logo threads prove is that there is absolutely no accounting for taste or aesthetic judgment.

Already several people have remarked that they like it, others that it's not so bad. I can't say they're wrong because it's not a question of fact. I can just say that I consider this logo to be almost as bad as the amateur hour samples posted on here all the time. Absolutely brutal and I sure as hell wouldn't buy a thing with this logo on it.

Thankfully, no matter what logo is eventually chosen, those disgusted with it will undoubtedly have a wide selection of old school items to choose from.

The logo as just a stand alone product I was unsure of but in another thread someone did an awesome mock up pd it on a helmet and I fell in lovelove!

Skape, if you want a simple and timeless logo (as I do), they should just go back to the old logo from the 80's and early 90's. It's one of the best logos ever in sports.

The 70s logo is better than the current version but I wouldn't consider it timeless for a few reasons. 1, the helmet on the dolphin. Nothing timeless about anthropomorphic animal logos. It's silly and hokey and dated. 2, the lines aren't defined or orderly.

However, if they fixed these 2 things about the 70s logo, I think it could work well today. I think they actual tried to do that with the leaked logo, but the thing that threw it all off was the upturned tail. That is too much of a departure for most people.

The 70s logo is better than the current version but I wouldn't consider it timeless for a few reasons. 1, the helmet on the dolphin. Nothing timeless about anthropomorphic animal logos. It's silly and hokey and dated. 2, the lines aren't defined or orderly.

However, if they fixed these 2 things about the 70s logo, I think it could work well today. I think they actual tried to do that with the leaked logo, but the thing that through it all off was the upturned tail. That is too much of a departure for most people.

If they upturn the tail like the current logo, it would look better, no question. I get your point about the helmet on the dolphin, but that's something I've always liked. I know a lot of people don't care for it, but to me, I've always thought it looked cool. There was a certain charm about the old logo. It's part of what drew me to this team as a kid, so I have a soft spot for it. I'd be dancing a jig if they went back to the old logo lol. I also would prefer they leave the sun as is- they tweaked it a bit. Too many points on the sun in that logo. It would look MUCH better with the tail upturned and the current sun. If someone with some graphic design expertise could mock it up and see how it looks, that would be cool.

Back
Top Bottom