Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

My sources (aka my mom) tell me that we are targeting a football player and the dolphins are really looking towards someone who has experience in playing the game of football. Now, my source tells me that this player has a height of at least 5 feet tall and weights between 100-400lbs. My source has also informed me that this player is a "he' and not a "she" and has college experience.

So, what we know so far. They have played football at some point in their life, they have graduated high school, we are looking for a male who is at least 5 feet tall and between 100-400 lbs.

If it bothers you I dont hang on your every word, that wouldn't surprise me. I appreciate you love the draft, are passionate and know your stuff, but you're just another name on the internet to me. I dont need to be reminded about your "sources" every other thread. The Jared Odrick thread is a perfect example. Hoops disagrees with you at taking a guy to play 3-4 end at 12, and I happen to agree with him no matter how talented Odrick is. Then you bust out the "my sources tell me the Phins are high on Odrick" line as if this somehow trumps his opinion.

Without even having sources, I could tell you 32 teams are impressed with CJ Spiller. I can also give a list of 6-7 guys the Phins would look at with the 12th pick. I dont have sources. If you want to make me a believer, come on here when the Phins are on the clock, and tell me who the pick is. Otherwise, its all educated guessing. Isnt that what we are all doing?

Your angst toward me is baffling and unnecessary. No idea why you can't just let it go but that would be the mature thing to do. All I do is go about responding to people and sharing what I know, maybe arguing with them if they disagree, same as basically everyone on this board does. I just do it a little more often, a little more thoroughly, and happen to have a lot of info at my disposal.

And yes, someone that we know that is well placed to speak with people inside the Dolphins' organization, has personally vouched that they've spoken about Jared Odrick with him several times. I didn't bring it up to trump anyone's opinion, nor did I make it up. I offered it as a simple sharing of information. I didn't accuse hooshoops of any sort of malfeasance when he shared his own inside information about what Jeff Ireland thinks. Rather the opposite, I thanked him.

So, please. Get. Over. Your. Self.

zach...it's all good...ck and i don't see eye to eye on some things but i enjoy debating discussing draft prospects with him and our current roster...

we get along fine...and odrick is a darn good player...

channing crowder on the other hand...now that's a different story...lol

just messin ck

You telling me to get over myself is priceless. Simply priceless. Ive told you twice now I appreciate all the hard work you put in. Ill say this again. Unless you want to come on here while the Phins are on the clock and tell me who the pick is, you are making an educated guess like the rest of us. CK, is it possible Bill Parcells would purposely mislead your "source" if he knew he was then passing the info to you, and you to a public chat forum? I really can't see Bill being ok with that, can you?

zach...it's all good...ck and i don't see eye to eye on some things but i enjoy debating discussing draft prospects with him and our current roster...

we get along fine...and odrick is a darn good player...

channing crowder on the other hand...now that's a different story...lol

just messin ck

if Merling stays at 3-4 end, I dont care how talented Odrick is. the pick would make little sense to me. unless they trade Merling away, then fine. but as the roster stands now, I agree with your take on it. Im not seeing what CK sees in Crowder either.

if merling makes the move or gets traded i still wouldn't use the #12 pick on a 3-4 end...not if that's what he's gonna play

nope...i fill another position and look to get my end in oghaboose or carrington in round 3...etc

either that or i promote lionel dotson into merlings role vs the pass (all indications are the regime is very high on dotson as a pass rusher) and promote ryan baker into the rotation...

and see what ikaika francis (sp???) has to offer in camp

if Merling stays at 3-4 end, I dont care how talented Odrick is. the pick would make little sense to me. unless they trade Merling away, then fine. but as the roster stands now, I agree with your take on it. Im not seeing what CK sees in Crowder either.

not to keep the thread off topic, but Odrick IMO has certain talents that would make him very tempting to draft. Is he worth the 12 overall pick? Matter of opinion. The only DTs who are better prospects than him are Suh and McCoy, both of whom are top 5 picks. IMO Odrick is atleast worth discussing because of his combination of size, strength, speed, skills, and IQ. I personally see a lot of Jay Ratliff in him. Now does that mean he can make the transition to NT? No, but does that mean he can't help on defense and be a huge difference maker? Richard Seymour was a high pick as a 3-4 end, as was Ty Warren. Plus, we do play a lot of 4 man fronts. Odrick would add pressure for those situations.

As for the thread, hate to be skeptical but the post is very vague. I honestly don't think you will have a good idea on what players we really like for a couple weeks. By the combine, we could pretty much set in stone what players we are in on. Look at Sparano's first year. Fell in love with Langford at the senior bowl, and he/Ireland fell in love with Big Jake after getting to meet him. Same with Sean Smith last year (to a lesser extent Vontae as well. Didn't hear a lot of talk about him, but I remember reading that Parcells loved meeting him).

We could absolutely love somebody right now, but if he does something like get a 5 on the Wonderlic, or run a slow 40 time, he'll fall on our board.

Zach, maybe I can offer something from a different perspective. You're right in saying anyone can say the have sources and pass on any information behind this to feed the public info. I see a big difference though in CK and Hooshoops posts then the OPs. When someone inserts several blurbs about being a talent evaluator in the only 4 posts he has put on this sight, odds are he is seeking to fill a void in his life that has to deal with feeling important.

I don't know much about Hooshoops but I do read his posts and respect his opinion on scouting. He has earned credibility with me by being fairly accurate in talent evaluation. CK I believe is a Journalism Major (Chris?) but I do follow him and several members of the local media on Twitter and have seen enough to know that they talk back and forth.

Knowing who is going to be picked at #12 is known by only a handful of people. Knowing who they are interested in is certainly much more public knowledge. There is no certainty on who will make it and who won't, but we all have our opinions which makes for great reading and even better debate.

For the record, I think the talent evaluator needs more then just 4 posts and his proclamation of his standing in the world for me to give him any credibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never said I believed a word from the OP. He has Taylor Mays #1 on his list for the Phins. I hope to God hes a fraud lol. Its all good man. I also made the point that only 3 people really know who the pick is. i enjoy poker, so I guess thats why most of us enjoy draft time. Its one big poker game full of lies, bs, mis direction, and hidden somewhere in there, the odd truth.

My sources have told me that their sources have heard from sources that the Dolphins are indeed interested in drafting someone that may or may not be on the board at #12, or they may be interested in trading that pick and drafting someone else that may or may not be on the board when they do finally pick if they decide to pick or possibly trade the pick again in an effort to gain more picks.

I have more than two weeks of talent evaluation from an online course I took and have sent my resume to all 35 NFL teams. I have twittered with a host of players who may or may not be drafted and they have assured me that they have sources that tell them their sources have heard the same thing I have heard about Miami's pick and there is definite interest there.

:tongue2:

I think right now the have a very good idea who they are going to take but it would not leak out like this person says that it does

it's just purely speculation on my part but i believe barring a nt upgrade in free agency that a guy like dan williams is in play with our 1st round pick...

you just can't get by with an ok nose in a 3-4...you need a player...and i think that while dan williams doesn't offer much of an array of pass rush moves he's got the goods to be one heck of a pro nose...and i love that he carries most his weight in his lower half for anchoring and has such a good motor...

plus dan williams has proven durable and has upside as a pass rusher...

i've already heard sparano in an interview use the past tense when talking about fergie so i think we're moving on...

Zach, maybe I can offer something from a different perspective. You're right in saying anyone can say the have sources and pass on any information behind this to feed the public info. I see a big difference though in CK and Hooshoops posts then the OPs. When someone inserts several blurbs about being a talent evaluator in the only 4 posts he has put on this sight, odds are he is seeking to fill a void in his life that has to deal with feeling important.

I don't know much about Hooshoops but I do read his posts and respect his opinion on scouting. He has earned credibility with me by being fairly accurate in talent evaluation. CK I believe is a Journalism Major (Chris?) but I do follow him and several members of the local media on Twitter and have seen enough to know that they talk back and forth.

Knowing who is going to be picked at #12 is known by only a handful of people. Knowing who they are interested in is certainly much more public knowledge. There is no certainty on who will make it and who won't, but we all have our opinions which makes for great reading and even better debate.

For the record, I think the talent evaluator needs more then just 4 posts and his proclamation of his standing in the world for me to give him any credibility.

Sorry to disappoint, not a journalism major. Econ major. I do a lot of financial writing though (not to be confused with underwriting), just means I write a fair amount of commentary and whatnot. And I do speak with some of the local guys, I used to speak with them more than I do now.

I just think the original poster is putting on a joke. I would almost say he's trying to parody myself or Boomer...but I'm not sure. It seems like a Juan Huron type of joke.

all i know Hoops is a serious depression will set in for me if we dont upgrade the wr core. i know this team has many needs, but give Chad Henne a fighting chance. at the very least, get a guy like Scheffler at TE that can make plays then. give him something. unlike alot of people on here, I dont think Camarillo is a solid #2. hes a number 4 on most teams with legit talent at wr.

Back
Top Bottom