Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Major Change in Fin's Draft Direction Underway Right Now

all i know Hoops is a serious depression will set in for me if we dont upgrade the wr core. i know this team has many needs, but give Chad Henne a fighting chance. at the very least, get a guy like Scheffler at TE that can make plays then. give him something. unlike alot of people on here, I dont think Camarillo is a solid #2. hes a number 4 on most teams with legit talent at wr.

I don't have a doubt they will upgrade WR, I just don't think that upgrade will come from Dez Bryant. I am a huge Demaryius Thomas fan, and would love to see Miami pick up an additional second round pick and use one of them on him. I do think they will bring in a guy that can be used as a #1 right now though. I have no sources, but I just get a feeling the Boldin will be a Dolphin next year. Just a pur gut feeling. But even if Boldin is not the guy they will address the WR spot in the off-season.

it's just purely speculation on my part but i believe barring a nt upgrade in free agency that a guy like dan williams is in play with our 1st round pick...

you just can't get by with an ok nose in a 3-4...you need a player...and i think that while dan williams doesn't offer much of an array of pass rush moves he's got the goods to be one heck of a pro nose...and i love that he carries most his weight in his lower half for anchoring and has such a good motor...

i've already heard sparano in an interview use the past tense when talking about fergie so i think we're moving on...

That could very well be. I think that they really need to revamp the OLB situation because they went with a pair of guys in 2009 that just did not work well together and IMO it affected all three levels of the defense. Accepting Jason Taylor back may have, in all actuality, been no smarter a coup than having brought Joey Porter here to pair with Jason Taylor in the first place back in 2007.

I would like more speed and tenacity at those positions, more bumping and jamming of receivers specifically the tight end. I think we could be OK with JT and CW rotating at ROLB and into the pass rush formations...but I'd love to see someone like Derrick Morgan at LOLB if possible. It does scare me that Morgan could be like a 4.78 guy, but he reminds me a lot of Tamba Hali, and Hali was a 4.82 guy, played ROLB for the Chiefs this year and his 58 plays on the QB in only 453 pass rushes made him among the best pass rushers in the league. He was one of the few bright spots on that defense.

all i know Hoops is a serious depression will set in for me if we dont upgrade the wr core. i know this team has many needs, but give Chad Henne a fighting chance. at the very least, get a guy like Scheffler at TE that can make plays then. give him something. unlike alot of people on here, I dont think Camarillo is a solid #2. hes a number 4 on most teams with legit talent at wr.

i agree the wr core needs that guy...and the only one i can say with absolute confidence that can fill that role in the draft is dez bryant...

i don't think there could be a more perfect fit for exactly what this offense needs at wr to complete the core...

he's PERFECT for it...

i think benn might be a very good pro...but like ck has said before his route running is an issue...

the other guys for my eyes i'm kinda in just hoping mode...

demarious thomas the wildcard...

ya, Bryant is a stud. reminds me of a more athletic Boldin. they have to do something, they cant just keep shopping in the bargain section. i wouldnt give more than a 3rd for Boldin, I see him as a 1a. hes not a legit #1 wr IMO.

I'm right there with you. I want Antonio Bryant but I have a feeling that would just be a band-aid. Dez Bryant would be a fix.

This WR class is so...off-putting, though. Outside of Dez and maybe Golden Tate, there isn't a single WR that I don't feel like I could rip apart as being possibly out of the league in 3 years...they all have such significant warts. Slowpokes, midgets or a-holes...or some combination of the three.

That could very well be. I think that they really need to revamp the OLB situation because they went with a pair of guys in 2009 that just did not work well together and IMO it affected all three levels of the defense. Accepting Jason Taylor back may have, in all actuality, been no smarter a coup than having brought Joey Porter here to pair with Jason Taylor in the first place back in 2007.

I would like more speed and tenacity at those positions, more bumping and jamming of receivers specifically the tight end. I think we could be OK with JT and CW rotating at ROLB and into the pass rush formations...but I'd love to see someone like Derrick Morgan at LOLB if possible. It does scare me that Morgan could be like a 4.78 guy, but he reminds me a lot of Tamba Hali, and Hali was a 4.82 guy, played ROLB for the Chiefs this year and his 58 plays on the QB in only 453 pass rushes made him among the best pass rushers in the league. He was one of the few bright spots on that defense.

i didn't watch a whole lot of hali and the chiefs this year but i'm not sure that's worth pick #12 to me...

i don't know...no doubt we need to upgrade the lb core though...no doubt

i'm in wait and see mode on morgan as a solb...a 4.78 WILL make me nervous though i can say that

I'm right there with you. I want Antonio Bryant but I have a feeling that would just be a band-aid. Dez Bryant would be a fix.

This WR class is so...off-putting, though. Outside of Dez and maybe Golden Tate, there isn't a single WR that I don't feel like I could rip apart as being possibly out of the league in 3 years...they all have such significant warts. Slowpokes, midgets or a-holes...or some combination of the three.

my concern with tate is separation...i've also heard a lot of people say slot wr...don't know that i see that personally

ya i hear ya. thats what i mean. no more guys that maybe can contribute. get a guy that can make plays, that can take over games. its time. that jeremy Williams caught my eye, but again, looks shrimplike. CK, I have a thing for bigger wr's, so I will unjustly critique smaller ones lol. I just think in the redzome they are such a mismatch, that all things equal, give me the bigger guy.

i think the Phins have to get 2 legit weapons at wr, or 1 wr and a TE. if we draft Dez and do nothing else, you will have a rookie wr probably seeing double teams. no one else is going to concern the D. add in another guy, or a TE, and at least they have to honour it.

I think maybe my only concern is that the ball was generally so well placed we don't know a ton about how well Tate adjusts to it.

I think maybe my only concern is that the ball was generally so well placed we don't know a ton about how well Tate adjusts to it.

interesting...yeah jimmy clausen for my eyes is the best qb in the draft...

but i will readily admit that if i struggle with one position evaluation wise it's pegging college qbs as franchise pro players...

slimm seems to have the qb thing down very well...

i for one don't want to be shocked

interesting...yeah jimmy clausen for my eyes is the best qb in the draft...

but i will readily admit that if i struggle with one position evaluation wise it's pegging college qbs as franchise pro players...

slimm seems to have the qb thing down very well...

Brian Brohm agrees with you Hoops. lol. just playin. i cant recall if its Kiper or McShay. one likes Clausen, the other hates him. Kiper said Seattle may look at him, or the Skins.

ya i hear ya. thats what i mean. no more guys that maybe can contribute. get a guy that can make plays, that can take over games. its time. that jeremy Williams caught my eye, but again, looks shrimplike. CK, I have a thing for bigger wr's, so I will unjustly critique smaller ones lol. I just think in the redzome they are such a mismatch, that all things equal, give me the bigger guy.

Receivers are getting bigger, no doubt about it. Jeremy's issue, aside from his not being particularly big, is that I'm not sure he's outclassing anything but 4.6 speed. He has hands about as strong as they come, he will work the slot really well, but he's not a physical player and he's not especially tall or fast.

It sucks when a bunch of players like THAT are some of your best options.

Forget like the Larry Fitzgeralds or Randy Moss, etc....where's the Sidney Rice in this class? Where's the Reggie Wayne?

That said, at times when you consider the sheer incompetence that we put up with at the WR position, there's something to be said for guys like Eric Decker, Jeremy Williams and Blair White...guys whom you KNOW will give you a certain something. They are guys that will run routes, create some separation, and catch the football with strong hands. I particularly fell for Blair White when I watched him up close in Shrine practices all week. It was no coincidence how big he came up for the East squad during the game. He showed literally the same thing as the practices. It's a body awareness and ability to focus on multiple things, plus strong hands and a knack for getting open because corners have a hard time reading his head, eyes and shoulders. When I asked him, Patrick Stoudamire Jr. (who was probably the best CB on the East squad) told me that Blair White was the guy that was hardest to cover all week, and that was the Thursday night before the game. Blair is a good 6'2" and 200+ pounds too.

Ya, if Camarillo is gone, Im fine with it. Ginn is dead to me. So we have a slot guy in Bess, and i still cant figure out what Hartline is. I dont want him as my #2, but Bess works the slot. I guess in a perfect world the Phins have 2 starting wr's, and they move Hartline around and of course he plays good ST's.

Back
Top Bottom