Man, nfl veterans hate the dolphins!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, nfl veterans hate the dolphins!!!

If your record sucks, you're gonna get trashed. The Lions and Saints were jokes in the NFL not too long ago.. and then they started winning games. When we went 11-5 in 2008, all we got was praise from the media.

the title makes it sound like there's a consensus among many nfl players. instead it's three of them in a barber shop crying about larry johnson & david garrard. the 'helpless' and 'faith shaken' parts are too funny though.

I thought they had team barbers,

First of all I hate Ireland but to say that he wont pay players doesnt make sense. The NFL has a salary cap and teams are always maxing it including the Dolphins. Why do you think there is always an off-season salary talk thread.

Ya Miami really treated Cam Wake poorly or Dansby, Jake Long is getting treated horribly, how about Brandon Marshall? Ya Miami REALLY shafted him...sheesh only signing him to 4 year/47.5 Million....bastard fins!!!! You are basing your feeling that vets hate miami based on 3 scrubs in a barber shop? Bet the dude from the eagles you said got cut would sign to play for miami in a second if they called him. The NFL is a tough business that is pretty obvious and teams have to make some cold decisions...Miami is no different than any team in that regard.

Why don't those players give Larry Johnson their paycheck? We kill dreams? Um, we signed Garrard and he got injured on his OWN time. Thats his fault, and not the Miami Dolphins. We have a bad wrap, and Ireland has a bad rap? Problem is that one person has this feeling and it spreads.

Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, Ryan Clark, Dez Bryant? These are the people giving Miami and Ireland a bad name? Think about it? Ryan Clark wasn't guaranteed a starting job. He used us as ammo for the Steelers to up the ante. Dez Bryant? The guy just got done pimp slappin' his mom (alleged Prostitute). Sorry, it wasn't humane for Ireland to ask that question but, come to find out it was a pretty darn good question. Channing Crowder can't find work and Joey Porter was over the hill.

Go by facts! Fact is that miami is 20-28 over last 3 years. We haven't had a franchise quarterback since Dan Marino. Miami is trying to rebuild the offense, not the defense, and do it the right way. You guys think this team is horrible? Go back and look at what Wannstedt did with what he inherited. He gave up draft picks like the new york jets for players that were problems or old (Seau, Williams, Boston). Do you guys want to go back to those days when we were just good enough to go to the playoffs but not the Superbowl?

I'm sorry Hicks and Steinbach didn't work out, I'm sorry Westerman wasn't worth the contract we gave him, I'm sorry David Garrard injured himself, and I'm sorry Chad Johnson couldn't just stay focused on football. Fact of the matter is, Miami is trying to win long term not just right now. So, they are going to sign bargain basement players hoping they are going to exceed expectations. They didn't and they got sent packing. Don't like it go become a Jets fan. They will more than accommodate you with big names and hefty overpaid contracts.

Oh and to the guy who said that miami fans are finally getting past 1972, please let me know why in the late 90's miami couldn't sell out a wildcard playoff game. Dolphin fans have been spoiled, and they want results now. Thats not how it works, just support your team through hell ad high water. STOP COMPLAINING!

but you see, he cuts his own guys all the time! He says you want big money? go somewhere else! I'll just find your replacment.
The difference is he finds their replacement and wins with them, we find scrubs and lose with them.

Wait, I'm a little fuzzy on the Larry Johnson situation. Weren't we the only NFL team to give the guy another chance. How can Miami be faulted for that?

Poor football players. Their career is over, but they should be given a job and paid millions to do nothing. Sounds a lot like the American dream of today.

I was at the barbar shop today in Detroit with 3 NFL players (one just got recently released by the Iggles) when the news broke of Miami releasing David Garrard. boy oh boi!!! did they trash Miami...They talked about how Miami kills vets' dreams and hope. They cited Larry Johnson's situaton from last year and the two DTs two years ago. Guys, they totally trashed us. I have been finfan since 83 but today I felt so helpless and my faith in that team was shaken. I don' even like DG and am glad he's cut but I felt sorry for him. For one whole hour I remained silent while the big boys speak. Now I know why the NFL network and the media hates us. They got it from the phuckin vets, its not fair.

The way I look at it......The Dolphins gave these "Vets" a chance when no other team wanted to. When a player doesn't have it any more, he doesn't have it.

If the Dolphins were a small business.... and managed their product, people and image over time like the Dolphins have managed theirs..... they would have been out of business a long time ago... period!

I'll always be a Dolphin fan.... but I take no pride in the brand anymore... they are disfunctional on so many levels its infuriating.... and Hard Knocks just put it out there for all to see..... including all the players in the NFL..... just pathetic...

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

The way I look at it......The Dolphins gave these "Vets" a chance when no other team wanted to. When a player doesn't have it any more, he doesn't have it.

The way I see it... those teams knew those players "didn't have it" anymore.... and so they didn't waste their time.....

I was at the barbar shop today in Detroit with 3 NFL players (one just got recently released by the Iggles) when the news broke of Miami releasing David Garrard. boy oh boi!!! did they trash Miami...They talked about how Miami kills vets' dreams and hope. They cited Larry Johnson's situaton from last year and the two DTs two years ago. Guys, they totally trashed us. I have been finfan since 83 but today I felt so helpless and my faith in that team was shaken. I don' even like DG and am glad he's cut but I felt sorry for him. For one whole hour I remained silent while the big boys speak. Now I know why the NFL network and the media hates us. They got it from the phuckin vets, its not fair.

So what did you say in our defense? I hope you said something..

Who were these vets too. They are probably bitter from being cut from their respective teams because of their suckiness. So these dudes get cut and then bash Miami for doing the same thing that their teams did to them?!?! Hypocrites. I would love to know who these jockstraps were,

What has Larry Johnson done since then? What will Garrard do now? Is Chad Johnson going to play anywhere?

Please though barber shop patrons, let's act like they cut Jerry Rice and Lawrence Taylor and completely freak out over nothing.

Oh wow, marginal, injured, goldbricking and downwardly spiralling players resent the Fins for not running their business like the Post Office.

I'm flabbergasted.

Back
Top Bottom