Man, nfl veterans hate the dolphins!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Man, nfl veterans hate the dolphins!!!

Why don't those players give Larry Johnson their paycheck? We kill dreams? Um, we signed Garrard and he got injured on his OWN time. Thats his fault, and not the Miami Dolphins. We have a bad wrap, and Ireland has a bad rap? Problem is that one person has this feeling and it spreads.

Joey Porter, Channing Crowder, Ryan Clark, Dez Bryant? These are the people giving Miami and Ireland a bad name? Think about it? Ryan Clark wasn't guaranteed a starting job. He used us as ammo for the Steelers to up the ante. Dez Bryant? The guy just got done pimp slappin' his mom (alleged Prostitute). Sorry, it wasn't humane for Ireland to ask that question but, come to find out it was a pretty darn good question. Channing Crowder can't find work and Joey Porter was over the hill.

Go by facts! Fact is that miami is 20-28 over last 3 years. We haven't had a franchise quarterback since Dan Marino. Miami is trying to rebuild the offense, not the defense, and do it the right way. You guys think this team is horrible? Go back and look at what Wannstedt did with what he inherited. He gave up draft picks like the new york jets for players that were problems or old (Seau, Williams, Boston). Do you guys want to go back to those days when we were just good enough to go to the playoffs but not the Superbowl?

I'm sorry Hicks and Steinbach didn't work out, I'm sorry Westerman wasn't worth the contract we gave him, I'm sorry David Garrard injured himself, and I'm sorry Chad Johnson couldn't just stay focused on football. Fact of the matter is, Miami is trying to win long term not just right now. So, they are going to sign bargain basement players hoping they are going to exceed expectations. They didn't and they got sent packing. Don't like it go become a Jets fan. They will more than accommodate you with big names and hefty overpaid contracts.

Oh and to the guy who said that miami fans are finally getting past 1972, please let me know why in the late 90's miami couldn't sell out a wildcard playoff game. Dolphin fans have been spoiled, and they want results now. Thats not how it works, just support your team through hell ad high water. STOP COMPLAINING!

I won't comment on Dez Bryant Or Ryan Clark but to say this. Dez was bitter Ireland asked a personal question about his integrity. In hindsight Ireland was spot on. Ryan Clark went back to a much better team.. no brainer. e was looking for a cash grab and Ireland and didn't want to pay it. Fine with me... it is a business after all. He was NEVER coming here IMO.

As for Porter and Crowder.. they were both on our 1-15 team, were they not? I may be mistaken , but I'm pretty sure they were. When you think about it 2 guys expected to be leaders, came way short. They have to accept their responsibility in their contributions to our team. The management that brought them in, and that they have experience with aren't here. Are they bitter they got cut? They shouldn't be. Ireland has been pretty good and getting rid of guys who just aren't work it. Porter has done jack **** since he left. Crowder? Well that loudmouth hasn't even been given a whiff! Because he sucks. Does he think we OWE him something. You've got to be kidding me.

As far as FA's go, it's normal for FA's to want 2 things.. the best chance to win a championship, and to make a boatload of money. We're not in a position to win a championship, and Ireland wisely doesn't overpay for vets. We've made a lot of FA signing that make think that half these players don't try as hard now they got paid.

We've had a string of bad luck, and the rep we have nationally is fueled by the media piling on . Whatever.

You know it is, like in '08, win a few games and everyone is on the bandwagon. That's the way it works.

Let me understand this, all the other teams coddle and give free rides to any vets on their roster? LOL, come on.

Bashing Miami over their handling of Gerrard and other veterans is easy because their not winning. If Miami would have done to one of their veterans what the Ravens did yesterday to Bryant McKinnie they would have been blasted. Ravens threaten to cut McKinney week before first game if he doesn't take pay cut. Many say it was just good business. Few people question the Ravens on the harsh treatment of a veteran. It is good business but winning sure provides management with the benefit of the doubt.

Of course some vet players are not going to like what our FO is doing. They are saying nobody's job is safe and just because you are a vet, doesn't mean you can take off camp. If we were a SB or playoff team, I could maybe see their point. But when you are routinely drafting in the top ten and finishing .500 or worse, what entitlement do the vets really think they should have?

So we should feel bad that we give some vets opportunites to make the team and they cant cut it. So thats the teams fault? I thinks notta

Whenever you want to know how to properly run an NFL franchise, make sure you consult members of the Lions organization

Bashing Miami over their handling of Gerrard and other veterans is easy because their not winning. If Miami would have done to one of their veterans what the Ravens did yesterday to Bryant McKinnie they would have been blasted. Ravens threaten to cut McKinney week before first game if he doesn't take pay cut. Many say it was just good business. Few people question the Ravens on the harsh treatment of a veteran. It is good business but winning sure provides management with the benefit of the doubt.

The Ravens did cut McKinnie, I think. He called their bluff, only they weren't bluffing. He resigned at a lower salary.

ireland is trying (in vain) to rehabilitate his image around the league. He was within an eyelash of being run out over the dez bryant thing. he wants too badly to be perceived as NOT reinforcing racial stereotypes.

What infuriates me (and I think a LOT of this fan base) is that he may be letting that agenda influence his personnel decisions. I personally felt from the get-go that that signing was meant to placate those who were attacking him, NOT because garrbage was by any stretch the best QB around. We went through Peyton Manning, Matt Flynn, and Alex Smith.... and arrived at washed-up garrbage. It left us very COLD as a fan base... this is the best ireland can do? It seemed a FLAWED decision. More so now.

garrbage had no business being here in the first place. His presence set back Tannehill's development as a starter.

And I KNEW cutting garrbage would evoke a reaction. The whole thing is a 800-lb gorilla no one wants to talk about.

Not sure why they bring up Larry Johnson. The Dolphins were the only team to give him a chance.

I was at the barbar shop today in Detroit with 3 NFL players (one just got recently released by the Iggles) when the news broke of Miami releasing David Garrard. boy oh boi!!! did they trash Miami.

Was Ice Cube & Cedric the Entertainer there? :up:

I think it's a known thing in league circles that Ireland is a punk who acts like a prick. Also, Ross is clueless and our team has sucked for years.

I think some of you guys are missing the point. The point is that there is a perception among players that our team screws players over and/or does not treat them as well as some other teams. Right or wrong, if that is the perception, it will damage our ability to attract quality free agents. You guys seem to want to shoot the messenger, instead of dealing with the message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom