Maradonna Or Pele!!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maradonna Or Pele!!!

Prime Time said:
What??

Never said he was rubbish. :sidelol: But I love how you think you know it all when it comes to Football..when quite frankly, you don't.

Okay and did I say he struggles because he is a bad player? :rolleyes: Try again Booms.

Ask any salient football person about the Premiership's two best players, two most consistent players over 5 years. You'll get the same answer every time.

As for knowing about football.......I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.

dominizzo said:
Hyster!!!! MAradonna was a Primadonna of soccer!!!! Too much TAlent
:confused: Dom do you know the definition of "Primadonna"?

Dictionary.com said:
pri·ma donna ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (pr
clear.gif
clear.gif
m
clear.gif
, pr
clear.gif
m
clear.gif
clear.gif
)
n.
  1. The leading woman soloist in an opera company.
  2. A temperamental, conceited person.

dominizzo said:
wooow Sad to see one of the best Retire!!

Good luck Beckham!!

I don't think he'd ever be classed as 'one of the best'. One of the best hyped maybe, but I think few people would ever say he was 'the best'. As a right winger, he can't beat a player, which is a huge problem. He is a great passer and crosser of the ball and a great free kick taker, but there's a lot more to football than that. He likes to freelance to much, can't tackle and there is no way he'll be starting for England come Euro 2008 unless players like Aaron Lennon, Shaun Wright Phillips, etc. have broken legs.

Well, I was a season ticket holder for the Cosmos for years, and I can't see anyone being as good as Pele! The guy was simply awesome!

Boomer said:
Ask any salient football person about the Premiership's two best players, two most consistent players over 5 years. You'll get the same answer every time.

As for knowing about football.......I've forgotten more about the game than you'll ever know.
:roflmao:

Post of the year. So we (you) think we are a Football Expert. :roflmao: Good try "mate"....

Prime Time said:
:roflmao:

Post of the year. So we (you) think we are a Football Expert. :roflmao: Good try "mate"....

Why are you talking in the third person?

And yes, I do. And I am.

Beckham was a good player who made his stardom off the field as a playboy!

By no means was he one of the best ever!

Anyone with any knowledge of the game will remember how Claudio Gentile and Schirea shut Maradona down in Spain '82 and allowed the Italians to win 2-1 and go through to the semis and victory from that hideous 2nd round group. That never happened to Pele. In '62 and especially in '66 in England, he was kicked out of the tournament, literally. Gentile and Schirea played Maradona hard and never allowed him a moment, but they didn't hack him to pieces like Hungary and especially Portugal did with Pele in '66.

1986 was Maradona's valhalla. He had 1 great World Cup, one good one, one pretty decent one and one shameful one. Pele had three great ones.

But as I said earlier, these polls are always positionally biased. Most people would say that Pele was the greatest ever.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Beckham was a good player who made his stardom off the field as a playboy!

By no means was he one of the best ever!

God no. Vastly overrated talent wise. There was a reason Manchester United sold him.

I remember watching him (yes the older Pele) with the cosmos in pre-game warmups, that guy would have both teams just standing watching him move and dribble the ball. The things he could do were second to none!

Boomer said:
God no. Vastly overrated talent wise. There was a reason Manchester United sold him.

I said good player, not very good. Like I said, he made his name as a playboy, not a soccer player.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I remember watching him (yes the older Pele) with the cosmos in pre-game warmups, that guy would have both teams just standing watching him move and dribble the ball. The things he could do were second to none!

How great to have seen him at all and in the NASL.

There's a great looking documentary called Once in a Lifetime out in the cinemas soon about the Cosmos.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I said good player, not very good. Like I said, he made his name as a playboy, not a soccer player.

I'm agreeing with you dude.

;)

Boomer said:
How great to have seen him at all and in the NASL.

There's a great looking documentary called Once in a Lifetime out in the cinemas soon about the Cosmos.

I have meet giorgio C a few times, he lives (At least part time in the next town over). He did some clinics for me with my club soccer team.

I still have my soccer bowl 1978 banner on my wall, with all the Cosmos sigs on it (no Pele was not a cosmos) but Beckenbauer, Carlos Alberto, Giorgio C, Denis the Menace Tueart among others!

Back
Top Bottom