''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

''Marijuana is 10 times better for me than Paxil,'' he said.

mellovesthefins

Hardcore FinFan
Reaction score
this is absolutely the saddest article i have ever read.

i dont care to hear "i am not a role model" speeches from celebs or sports players anymore... like it or not, you are...

i feel for the kids that might see this and think smoking a lot of pot is really really cool.

m

ps/ this also illustrates my earlier sentiments perfectly. so sad...

yeha i know...sports figures shouldnt do this and even if they do they shouldnt go out publicly and say it so that the whole world full of kids can go "Oh my god Ricky does it why shouldnt I?"

pot is really really cool. Anything that is illegal is really really cool. The only thing that could make it uncool is if donnie and Marie start smoking pot.

I like how he said its "just a plant"...well CRACK starts off as just a plant too...jees...

I agree with him to a certain extent. Alcohol is worse than Marijuana in the longrun, and it makes you mellow and relaxed. Alcohol gets you fired up and if you are an alcoholic you will more than likely abuse your spouse. I don't believe in giving someone a $650,000 fine for smoking marijuana. In california if you get caught smoking marijuana 1 time, 2 times, 3 times or 10 times it's a $80 fine. That's how it should be in the NFL. If you get caught smoking crack 3 times in california you are in prison for life. Marijuana shouldnt be on the same scale as steroids, opiates, or amphetamines.

Have you guys even tried Paxil? Or Marijuana, for that matter? I have sour news for you, not all "legal" drugs are good for you, despite what society and the media tells you. It’s all about politics and the mighty $.

pwn3dyo said:
I agree with him to a certain extent. Alcohol is worse than Marijuana in the longrun, and it makes you mellow and relaxed. Alcohol gets you fired up and if you are an alcoholic you will more than likely abuse your spouse. I don't believe in giving someone a $650,000 fine for smoking marijuana. In california if you get caught smoking marijuana 1 time, 2 times, 3 times or 10 times it's a $80 fine. That's how it should be in the NFL. If you get caught smoking crack 3 times in california you are in prison for life. Marijuana shouldnt be on the same scale as steroids, opiates, or amphetamines.

NFL has an image to uphold. It is unfortunate, however the average joe shmoe who is over 30 tends to look down on pot use.

Weed is "just a plant" I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it. How many times to you see on the news that someone got in a car accident and killed somene because they were high. You don't ! Cause you drive slow and safe when your high. Alcohol on the other hand makes you fast and crazy but there's a commercial on tv every 30 seconds. It makes no sense . And as far as losing brain cells and making your stupid. I know a couple kids who are damn near geniuses and they smoke pot like crazy. The kid has been smoking since he was 15 and he got a 31 on his act and got a four year degree with like a 3.9 gpa. I don't think people realize how much of society actually smokes weed. Its not just rappers and gangstas. Its bussinessmen and women, parents, teenagers, old people, star athletes, celebrities and the list goes on and on. And it doesn't seem to be having much of a negative affect from what I see. Besides the stupid as$ government cracking down and busting people so they can look like they are doing something when they need to be worrying about much more important things. Believe me, I am just as pissed at Ricky as anyone else but him saying he smokes pot has nothing to do with it. I'm sure its not going to make all the little kids go out a buy ounce of some bud because Ricky does it. They've probably been smokin since they accidentally stumbled on to mommy and daddy's stash under the bed anyways. Be realistic here people, you sound naive.

pwn3dyo said:
I agree 100%. Why is marijuana treated differently than alcohol and cigarettes in this country? It's ridiculous. If the Gov. would just decriminalize it, or legalize it, tax it and make it illegal for minors to pocess or buy it it would free up the tax and judical burden placed on our legal system. I think Ricky sees the hypocrasy. He's aware that a significant percentage of the NFL and other professional leagues are users and are forced to be decitful about it. I'm not glamourizing or advocating the use of pot but in a society where its use is prevalent why is this mindset accepted? I can walk into any drug store and find a lot more harmful drugs available over the counter or through prescription. Just because the pharmacutical companies aren't in line to profit from weed it remains illegal. Let's be real people.

Well said Beatcrazy. People need to get a grip when it comes to weed. That would start if the government would get a grip first and do what should've been done YEEEEAARS ago, and just de-criminalize it.

dolphin_safe said:
I agree 100%. Why is marijuana treated differently than alcohol and cigarettes in this country? It's ridiculous. If the Gov. would just decriminalize it, or legalize it, tax it and make it illegal for minors to pocess or buy it it would free up the tax and judical burden placed on our legal system. I think Ricky sees the hypocrasy. He's aware that a significant percentage of the NFL and other professional leagues are users and are forced to be decitful about it. I'm not glamourizing or advocating the use of pot but in a society where its use is prevalent why is this mindset accepted? I can walk into any drug store and find a lot more harmful drugs available over the counter or through prescription. Just because the pharmacutical companies aren't in line to profit from weed it remains illegal. Let's be real people.

I agree, yet he should work to change the law

BeatCrazy2 said:
Weed is "just a plant" I don't understand why people make such a big deal out of it. How many times to you see on the news that someone got in a car accident and killed somene because they were high. You don't ! Cause you drive slow and safe when your high.QUOTE]

Anybody else find this problematic? Nobody should EVER condone driving while under the influence of any kind of substance legal or not. If you think "driving safe and slow while high" is a good thing then you are sadly mistaken. Driving slow can be just as dangerous and even more so at times then people who speed.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I agree, yet he should work to change the law
I wish he'd do it as a current NFL player. I don't think he wants to be the poster child for the cause. It's not even an issue being seriously discussed on a National level. It's easy for the current power structure to dismiss anyone who tries to take on this issue.

Back
Top Bottom