Mark Sanchez on MNF | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Sanchez on MNF

please dont compare the preseason with the playoffs. the ravens starters werent in for the whole game and we were also missing our 2 starting guards. gimme a break. there simply isnt enough of a sample size to determine that sanchez is a good qb and thats the bottom line. quit acting like sanchez is a bonafide nfl qb. if bradford, mccoy, and possibly tebow had come out early, sanchez would have been drafted after them including stafford. he was a reach in a poor qb draft

Baltimore left their starters in longer than Sanchez was in.....other than Rey Lewis and Ed Reed...

Sanchez was going against their starters for the most part....AND...they were blitzing...

Sanchez is going to be a legitimate NFL quarterback....

Bradford, McCoy and Tebow have nothing to do with Sanchez.....that's the same crap a bunch of clueless people had to say about Matt Ryan....

"He wouldn't have been drafted ahead of Matt Leinart or Aaron Rodgers"....yada yada yada...

Since when does where a QB is selected have anything to do with how good of an NFL player he'll be?

You're a dope if you think Sanchez wouldn't have been drafted ahead of Tebow...lol....Tebow was given a 3rd round grade by an NFL draft Advisory Committee....that's why he went back for his senior year....to work on the fundamentals and intracacies of the position to play it at the NFL level.....something he hasn't done yet....

Like I've said....some people wouldn't know a quarterback if he walked up and took a dump in their pocket protector.....they just wouldn't....they don't know how....

Off topic but Flacco is very impressive. Really interested to see what type of season he has this year. I think he can be like a Ben Roethlisberger.

Mark Sanchez is the starting QB for the NY Jets according to rotoworld.....

Congratz to Clemons for looking bad enough to be beaten out by the rook....you are a wasted draft pick.

im not worried about it for now. the jets are going to have growing pains for the near future and arent a threat to us imo

Why do dolphin fans act liek they are now a SB contender? a year ago did any non homer dolphin fan think Miami could compete for the div let alone win it? Things change quickly in this league. We have a good team around our QB, I don't know how good or bad we'll be but to dismiss us is foolish.

yep, a guy being developed the right way. a guy who had a more complete college career that was more than 16 games playing around all americans that made you look better . a guy whos being mentored by a good qb. a guy who has great coaching. yes, we have henne and its a good thing. thanks for playing

He played more games in college, he was never as good as Sanchez in college and he's not playing yet and "developing" b/c he's not ready to play yet.

Sanchez didn't have great WRs to throw to, he didn't have the WRs that Henne had and Henne still couldn't win big games.

Yes you have Henne and I think it's a great thing, I can't wait until he is forced to play.

please dont compare the preseason with the playoffs. the ravens starters werent in for the whole game and we were also missing our 2 starting guards. gimme a break. there simply isnt enough of a sample size to determine that sanchez is a good qb and thats the bottom line. quit acting like sanchez is a bonafide nfl qb. if bradford, mccoy, and possibly tebow had come out early, sanchez would have been drafted after them including stafford. he was a reach in a poor qb draft

Were you missing your 2 starting Guards the first time they pounded you last year?

You like to deal in "ifs" alot, huh?

Mike Martz chimes in:

To most of the prime-time television audience, Sanchez probably looked like a scared rookie, intimidated by the Ravens' ferocious defense. But there was a former coach-turned-TV analyst who was struck by the rookie's poise.

"There were a lot of recognition things in that game for a young quarterback against a great defense that were impressive to me," Mike Martz said Tuesday on a conference call for the NFL Network. "I really do think this is a young man who probably can play as a rookie."

The former Rams coach, known as an offensive guru, said Sanchez was victimized by protection breakdowns. On the Ngata interception, Lewis was unblocked on a blitz, giving him a free shot at the rookie. Martz credited Sanchez with knowing where to dump the ball, holding it as long as he could before absorbing the hit. "It wasn't a bad read; (Sanchez) didn't make a mistake," said Martz, who suspects that fullback Tony Richardson was late into his pass route. "You just had a guy who quit rushing the passer and was right there in the throwing lane."

Martz said Sanchez made only one bad read, the ball that should've been intercepted by Lewis. On that play, Sanchez locked on his receiver, Chansi Stuckey, never trying to look off the linebackers.

After four nowhere possessions, Sanchez settled down, thanks to Washington's running and receiving - and a Baltimore defense that was resting Lewis and star safety Ed Reed.

On the 11th play of the drive, he found Washington, isolated on a backup linebacker, in the end zone. It came three plays after Sanchez was knocked woozy by safety Dewan Landry, who kneed him in the helmet during a loose-ball scramble.

Sanchez's teammates were impressed by his toughness. Martz loved the throw.

"A big-time throw," Martz said. "He shuffled to the side, but he didn't take off. He just moved to the side and threw that ball right by the ear of the linebacker, the only place you could put it. He knew the safety would run with the wide receiver. I thought he stayed composed so well."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...frontrunner_for_starting_q.html#ixzz0PIFvR7Tl

Usually a former coach turned TV analyst is a guy that drafted a Qb who busted and he got canned....Alex Smith????

People are getting giddy over the Jets losing a preseason game. We went for 2 and the win which we wouldn't have had it been a regular season game.

Again, the silence was deafening last week when Sanchez looked great but he struggles(like he will many times this year) and we see a long thread about it.

What's so wrong about that? As it's been pointed out, it's a Phins board. I for one don't care about wins or losses in the Preseason but if others do great.

And of course the board will be silent when Sanchez does well. It's either that or some nitwit will still hang around and grasp at straws just to make themselves feel better.

I've seen it on every board I've ever been on. They rationalize stuff that needs not be rationalized.

gonna be funny when henne as a 2nd rounder has a better career than the colossal reach, sanchez who will never live up to the expectations that come with a high draft pick

The Sanchez pick was in no way a colossal reach. He was projected to be the second QB taken. Scouts loved him. Its not like the Jets were the only people that liked him.

Back
Top Bottom