Mark Sanchez on MNF | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Sanchez on MNF

Dolphin fans are hoping he'll be a bust and we are hoping he'll be better than Ryan and Sanchez. We'll see what happens in the coming years.

im not worried about it for now. the jets are going to have growing pains for the near future and arent a threat to us imo

and you'll have Chad Henne soon:lol:

yep, a guy being developed the right way. a guy who had a more complete college career that was more than 16 games playing around all americans that made you look better . a guy whos being mentored by a good qb. a guy who has great coaching. yes, we have henne and its a good thing. thanks for playing

gonna be funny when henne as a 2nd rounder has a better career than the colossal reach, sanchez who will never live up to the expectations that come with a high draft pick

yep, a guy being developed the right way. a guy who had a more complete college career that was more than 16 games playing around all americans that made you look better . a guy whos being mentored by a good qb. a guy who has great coaching. yes, we have henne and its a good thing. thanks for playing

Well said.. I totally believe in developing the most important position on your team. Clemens is basically the same at this point. Not saying he's better than Sanchez.. but at this point in Sanchez's development in the NFL it might be worth the Jets future to sit Sanchez and let him watch the game. It definitely can't hurt.

The all-americans were on the defensive side of the ball.That wasn't a big help to Sanchez.............

The all-americans were on the defensive side of the ball.That wasn't a big help to Sanchez.............

whatever floats your boat. im sure the lack of a college career doesnt mean anything either? he played a hell of a game vs. oregon state

Danny Weurffel, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, and David Greene had more complete college careers than Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and Matt Hasselbeck, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan too.....how'd that turn out?

Kellen Clemens was developed under Pennington too....and he still can't beat out the rook....that means nothing...

I definitely think Henne can be an effective starting quarterback in the NFL....but putting everything that's not important aside (like homerism)....I'd take Sanchez over Henne...

Sanchez has a flare for the game that Henne doesn't have....despite all his experience...

Henne can make the throws...but so can Sanchez....Sanchez is more accurate...

Henne's ceiling is lower than Sanchez's....that is a FANTASTIC pro style system out there at USC for future NFL quarterbacks....Michigan has always had that too prior to the arrival of Rich Rodriguez and his zone read offense designed for athletes to perpetrate as quarterbacks...

Henne has the luxury of learning the game under a veteran like Pennington...Sanchez doesn't have that luxury....and Sanchez for my money is still going to be the better quarterback...

whatever floats your boat. im sure the lack of a college career doesnt mean anything either? he played a hell of a game vs. oregon state

Actually...he did....Sanchez was 18/29, 227 yards, 3 TD's, and 1 INT against Oregon St....

They lost that game because Oregon St. pounded that vastly overrated Rey Maualuga and company to the tune of 186 yards rushing and 2 TD's on 37 carries by a 5'6", 180 pound true freshman running back by the name of Jacquizz Rodgers....

Sanchez played his best in the biggest games for USC.....unfortunately....the same can't be said for Chad Henne at Michigan...

Actually...he did....Sanchez was 18/29, 227 yards, 3 TD's, and 1 INT against Oregon St....

They lost that game because Oregon St. pounded that vastly overrated Rey Maualuga and company to the tune of 186 yards rushing and 2 TD's on 37 carries by a 5'6", 180 pound true freshman running back by the name of Jacquizz Rodgers....

all i know is i lost 300 on that game oh well. sanchez doesnt scare me one bit.

Danny Weurffel, Tim Couch, Cade McNown, and David Greene had more complete college careers than Tom Brady, Troy Aikman, and Matt Hasselbeck, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan too.....how'd that turn out?

marino, kelly, peyton, eli, rivers, big ben, brees, etc etc

Kellen Clemens was developed under Pennington too....and he still can't beat out the rook....that means nothing...

clemens isnt henne

I definitely think Henne can be an effective starting quarterback in the NFL....but putting everything that's not important aside (like homerism)....I'd take Sanchez over Henne...

based on what???????????????????????

Sanchez has a flare for the game that Henne doesn't have....despite all his experience...

showed great "flare" last night huh?

Henne can make the throws...but so can Sanchez....Sanchez is more accurate...

again, based on what?

Henne's ceiling is lower than Sanchez's....that is a FANTASTIC pro style system out there at USC for future NFL quarterbacks....Michigan has always had that too prior to the arrival of Rich Rodriguez and his zone read offense designed for athletes to perpetrate as quarterbacks...

did leinart real good huh?

Henne has the luxury of learning the game under a veteran like Pennington...Sanchez doesn't have that luxury....and Sanchez for my money is still going to be the better quarterback...

if i knew you id bet you some dough on that

You don't have to know me....I take Paypal....since you like losing money anyway...lol

You should've actually watched that USC/Oregon St. game instead of just betting on it.....I've never seen USC's defense get so dominated physically like that.....they were literally pounded into submission by a midget...

You don't have to know me....I take Paypal....since you like losing money anyway...lol

You should've actually watched that USC/Oregon St. game instead of just betting on it.....I've never seen USC's defense get so dominated physically like that.....they were literally pounded into submission my a midget...

who would have thought?

I think what you might have been referring to was the Sanchez melt in their last attempt to win the game. It actually was a little bit like the 2nd drive the Jets had last night. Sanchez gets into crunch time and can't handle it. Instead of making his reads and going through progrssions he locked onto the same reciever 3 times in a row. Overthrew the reciever, threw into double coverage and made another overthrow for a pick.

For those who want to say that Sanchez settled in as the game went on..,,the 2 biggest playmakers left the game and they were trailing by 14 points....no pressure when you've already blown it.

USC was down 21-14 with like 2 minutes to go.....Sanchez was intercepted and Oregon St. returned it to the 2 yard line I think....then the midget punched it in....going up 2 scores....

Sanchez struck right back with a touchdown pass to Patrick Turner with barely over a minute left....Oregon St. recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock....

He was doing all he could to lead them back....and probaby would've have done it it they had recovered the onside kick....

I know people WANT him to suck because he's a Jet.....but that's just not going to be the case I'm afraid...

All kinds of excuses were made for Pennington against that very same defense....TWICE....AT HOME...

...but ready to jump all over a rookie making his first start against that same defense.....ON THE ROAD....

Young quarterbacks learn a lot from an experience like that....

USC was down 21-14 with like 2 minutes to go.....Sanchez was intercepted and Oregon St. returned it to the 2 yard line I think....then the midget punched it in....going up 2 scores....

Sanchez struck right back with a touchdown pass to Patrick Turner with barely over a minute left....Oregon St. recovered the onside kick and ran out the clock....

He was doing all he could to lead them back....and probaby would've have done it it they had recovered the onside kick....

I know people WANT him to suck because he's a Jet.....but that's just not going to be the case I'm afraid...

All kinds of excuses were made for Pennington against that very same defense....TWICE....AT HOME...

...but ready to jump all over a rookie making his first start against that same defense.....ON THE ROAD....

Young quarterbacks learn a lot from an experience like that....

please dont compare the preseason with the playoffs. the ravens starters werent in for the whole game and we were also missing our 2 starting guards. gimme a break. there simply isnt enough of a sample size to determine that sanchez is a good qb and thats the bottom line. quit acting like sanchez is a bonafide nfl qb. if bradford, mccoy, and possibly tebow had come out early, sanchez would have been drafted after them including stafford. he was a reach in a poor qb draft

Back
Top Bottom