Mark Sanchez on MNF | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Sanchez on MNF

Case in point, if Sanchez was pulled after his first series last night, what would the reaction have been on here?

We would be comparing him to Browning Neagle, of course. ;)

People are getting giddy over the Jets losing a preseason game. We went for 2 and the win which we wouldn't have had it been a regular season game.

Again, the silence was deafening last week when Sanchez looked great but he struggles(like he will many times this year) and we see a long thread about it.

Again you keep bringing this up but was the Jets last game on MNF or nationally televised? Maybe since more people had a chance to watch it more people are commenting on it?

Ya think maybe it happened to be bc it was Monday night football???

I doubt many went out of their way to watch the Jets last game.

If this was 10-20 years ago when MNF was relevant I'd buy that excuse.

Sanchez only played one series against the Rams if memory serves... it was a good series, but not a whole lot to be able to praise or criticize either way.

Other than leading a 93 yard drive and throwing a perfectly placed deep ball on his 1st pass.

Again you keep bringing this up but was the Jets last game on MNF or nationally televised? Maybe since more people had a chance to watch it more people are commenting on it?

People had a chance to at least see the highlights last week and not a peep. I guarantee you had he struggled there would have been a long thread.

I doubt we would all have gotten together and watched the highlights together...
since it was a nationally televised game and the only game on, it makes sense...

Not sure what is so tough to grasp about that.

Wow... you guys sure had your fun. Where were the 10+ page threads last week? :chuckle:

Nope, the Jets aren't in your head at all...

Wasn't aware he played last week. It was the only game on last night, I saw how terrible Sanchez was, started laughing, remembered you gave us Pennington, started laughing even more and decided to come here to see if anyone was too.

Not even going into the whole Farve worship last year ........................

I doubt we would all have gotten together and watched the highlights together...
since it was a nationally televised game and the only game on, it makes sense...

Not sure what is so tough to grasp about that.

If Sanchez struggled last week there would have been a thread just as long.

Wasn't aware he played last week. It was the only game on last night, I saw how terrible Sanchez was, started laughing, remembered you gave us Pennington, started laughing even more and decided to come here to see if anyone was too.

Not even going into the whole Farve worship last year ........................

Were you laughing when Chad was worse against Baltimore in the playoffs last year?

right....if Clemons has been that bad you would expect Sanchez to look better...

And Sanchez has been better. In practice. But obviously practice and live games are different. Clemens being bad though still has an advantage over Sanchez in that this is his 4th season in the NFL and he knows this system. This is all new to Sanchez.

Sanchez threw 8 passes last night. The first was a pick 6 and the second one should have as well. After that though I felt he settled down and did a good job managing the game.

If Sanchez struggled last week there would have been a thread just as long.

Doubtful considering it wasn;t a nationally televised game. Though the GoG game thread was AWESOME. We wern't nearly as bad as some of those guys.

People had a chance to at least see the highlights last week and not a peep. I guarantee you had he struggled there would have been a long thread.

Do you realize that the first 13 pages of this thread take place in the span of 3 hours? .... hell some pages did even really mention Dirty.

Its a game thread ..... don't read too much into it. If it makes you feel better we had Cleo Lemon and Ray Lucas once upon a time......:lol:

and Im still disappointed that the Ravens didnt play the beckster or the Lemon....that was the only reason i watched the 2nd half. It was damn near unbareable.

what do you expect from a guy who only played in what, 16 games in college? sanchez is going to have a ****ty year if hes the starter and its gonna be fun to watch.

Arn't you the same guy that was saying that Sanchez was seeing the same type of defense in practice so he would be more prepared for it? Come on, you can't have it both ways...

Sanchez really didn't do that bad, the first INT for a TD was a great play by Ngata, Sanchez felt the rush coming from Lewis and went for the checkdown but Ngata was there instead. Veteran QBs could of made that mistake.

The one Lewis almost picked off he was starring down too much, and Lewis being one of the best LB in NFL history reads where the ball was going and almost made the pick 6. That was a rookie mistake there, he has to do a better job of not starring his man down that long, especially when you are playing a LB like Ray Lewis who is extremely smart and reads plays out extremely well.

Then Sanchez had a nice pass to Brad Smith who was called for a penalty, Sanchez felt the rush and got outside and made a accurate throw to Smith, but the penalty took it away.
Sanchez made a accurate throw to a TE and he dropped it, which is something else that was hurting him the drop passes and the miscommunication out there like when he thought J-Co was running a slant and fired one in for J-Co to keep running not seeing it.

He did a nice job on the screen to Leon, looking off the other way to set it up and giving Leon the ball who can make things happen.
Then the TD throw he made was nicely done, he slide to the right and set his feet and fired a accurate pass into a area the target can only get. Mike Martz was saying that it was nice because he threw it on a bend for Leon instead of throwing it over the top which would be a harder play to make.

Its early, it was expected that he would struggle to a point. It was MNF, his first start, against a great defense. The home crowd was into the game, it was like a regular season game really, the Ravens had some blitzes and looks. Though neither team really showed too much.

Who knows what Sanchez will do this year, I just thought it was funny some people saying hes a bust already.

you can fault rival fans for calling him a bust, just as you can fault jet homers thinking hes going to be another flacco, ryan, etc.

you can fault rival fans for calling him a bust, just as you can fault jet homers thinking hes going to be another flacco, ryan, etc.

Dolphin fans are hoping he'll be a bust and we are hoping he'll be better than Ryan and Sanchez. We'll see what happens in the coming years.

Do you realize that the first 13 pages of this thread take place in the span of 3 hours? .... hell some pages did even really mention Dirty.

Its a game thread ..... don't read too much into it. If it makes you feel better we had Cleo Lemon and Ray Lucas once upon a time......:lol:

and you'll have Chad Henne soon:lol:

Back
Top Bottom