Marlins.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins....

He is just a class act and is all about winning. Thats why I like the Yankees they are full of class act guys.

It was an amazing play, but Pokey Reese did the exact same thing prior to that he just didn't hurt himself.

nyjunc said:
The last time the yanks missed the playoffs was 1993, we had the best record in the AL in '94 until the strike. I also grew up never seeing the yanks in the postseason, we missed the postseason from '82-'94. The ridiculous payroll only came about around '00 and we had already made 6 straight postseasons.

Also, I didn't miss your point but I think you may have missed mine. Like I said money definitely helps but you need to make good decisions. Oakland has been int he playoffs for 4 straight years and they don't have a big payroll while the Mets have missed the last 3, Bal the last 6, the Dodgers the last 7. Also, why don't you complain about the Braves, the last postseason w/o the Braves was 1990.

I dont complain about the Bravos because they never had a payroll that was so far seperated from everyone else and really didnt tack on players whenever they got, they kept the same crew together for the most part....I'm not Mr.-Know-it-all with baseball, however I'm not gonna give ANY credit to Brian Cashman, cause when you get to work with the Budget he's got, you can look good too, give me a break....and dont play the "feel bad for me from 82-94 card" on me because after all the championships the yanks won before that, you shouldnt complain, some teams havent made the post-season in MORE than 12 years, look at the Brewers(it might be that long for them)

Just come to the realization that only you and other yankee fans are the only ones that think baseball doesnt need a salary cap due to your homerism.

Exactly TT. And all that BS about them paying the lower budget teams money for going over what is the supposed "cap" is BS, because lets say you go over by 50 million ( I dont know the exact number), spread that out by 6 or 7 teams and that is not a lot of money.

I guess it was ok for the Braves to outbid the yanks for Greg Maddux? and for the Braves to steal Fred Mcgriff for nothing or get some of the other palyers they got. During the latest dynasty the yanks payroll was not out of whack like it is now, in fact they were #2 in payroll in 1998 when they won 125 games. I'll say it one more time, since we have gone back to the crazy spending ways we haven't won anything. Other baseball fans should be happy we have made mostly foolish moves(until this offseason) b/c it ended our latest dynasty.

I never said MLB doesn't need a cap but i wonder why MLB has ha dthe most different Champions while other leagues have had dynasty after dynasty and those other leagues have caps(NBA & NFL).

:rolleyes: Has had the most different champions in the past 25 years. Like I said I could make that stat for another sport just change the years around. That is a uselss stat and holds no arguement IMO.

It's not useless, it shows the competitive balance that supposedly isn't there in MLB. MLB has had 1 dynasty in the past 30 years while the NFL, NBA & NHL have had numerous dynasties. If it wasn't fair why is this? Why aren't the large market teams winning every year, when the last 2 Champions have had low-mid level payrolls the argument holds no water. If it was just large payroll teams winning then you have facts to back it up but that's not the case.

Beckett gets hurt every start now. He's killing my fantasy baseball team now, along with Hudson, Brown, & Nen.

:rolleyes: Like I have stated prior to this post, I could change the years around and find another sport to take the crown for that stat. It is a pointless stat.

I hope the marlins loose every game for the remainder of the season, All it does is force Mare to kick off of infield. :D :D :D

Prime Time said:
:rolleyes: Like I have stated prior to this post, I could change the years around and find another sport to take the crown for that stat. It is a pointless stat.

Stop talking about it and do it. The facts are that MLB has had ONE dynasty in the last 30 years and it ended 4 years ago while the other sports have had dynasty after dynasty.

I am not going to do it because I do not have the time right now to do it. Maybe some day :)

Back
Top Bottom