Mathis vs Turner vs Colledge? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis vs Turner vs Colledge?

We could always play Pouncey at guard when he returns if Colledge is that horrible.

You really bumped this to say "I told you so" on an undrafted player? Whatever helps you sleep at night, bud.

Why do you care? You taking the time to say something is also useless? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

As for the bump, it was silly to assume a 7th rd pick would push a injured Pouncey. And the silliness was not forgotten. As Hayden pointed the same thing out.

I also believe minus a complete melt down, Hickey and Philbin will be here for year 4.

You mean like the one we had last year?? That is the scariest thought I have heard in quite awhile. If Philbin is here another 4 years this team will NEVER make the playoffs.

32 years old, making $5 million this year and wants a raise, high draft pick compensation needed. Short term it would be a great move, long term it wouldn't have. Mathis will make more money in 2014 than Billy Turner over the next four years combined. Four years from now, Turner will probably be solidified as a starter on the line, at 36 Mathis might be retired.

Exactly... Trading picks away for guys that entering or in their last few good years. Successful teams avoid this. Successful teams are the ones on the other end of that deal...

Case in point, a 32 year old Pro Bowl LG making over $5 million a year? That's right, the Patriots just made made that trade today...

In all due respect, you have to be kidding me. You would prefer to roll the dice on a kid who may or may not ever start in the NFL over an All Pro? I could care less on if it's only for a couple of years.

This is Tannehill's BIG year to succeed or, wait at least another 3 years. Why would anyone not want to give him the best chance to do that? Over money, and waiting for a Billy Turner to help him maybe in the next couple of years?

Makes no sense to me at all. JMO

The problem is we'd have to give them Clay on top of a third or fourth round pick, is that something you'd be willing to do? What kind of damage do you think Clay would cause us with Brady throwing balls to him?

If your building for tomorrow you pass on a 35 yr old. If your building for today, your route is the road to take.

People here are advocating the trade of Pouncey. So bringing in a 35 yr old lineman, would be up their alley.
I believe in building inside out. But I also believe you build through the draft. Old line men and MIA recent history with them, is a no no.

Who is the 35 year old? Mathis is 32.

Last edited by a moderator:
The same Lane Johnson who was busted for taking PED's and is now suspended for the first 4 games of next season and one strike away from a year long suspension? No thank you. I'd much rather have Jordan.

So Jordan and Johnson are in the same boat.

Why do you care? You taking the time to say something is also useless? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

As for the bump, it was silly to assume a 7th rd pick would push a injured Pouncey. And the silliness was not forgotten. As Hayden pointed the same thing out.

Who is the 7th round pick you refer to? Our 7th rounder was Terrence Fede. I agree, it would be silly to assume Fede would push Pouncey. :)

838938991_stock_photo_960217_too_much_ti-1.jpeg

You ask for an explanation, and you got a reasonably logical one. However, I believe whatever answer is given, you're not going to be happy with anyway. Nothing is gonna change, so you can whine about Turner being on our roster, or you can support the team we have in place. I choose to support the team as is. This is a moot point.

You ask for an explanation, and you got a reasonably logical one. However, I believe whatever answer is given, you're not going to be happy with anyway. Nothing is gonna change, so you can whine about Turner being on our roster, or you can support the team we have in place. I choose to support the team as is. This is a moot point.

You know that this is something I posted 2 months ago? :) I was over it the same day, and have posted good things on Turner since, including that I liked what I've seen, and believe he could be a starter within a year. Gotta try to stay up to date.

You know that this is something I posted 2 months ago? :) I was over it the same day, and have posted good things on Turner since, including that I liked what I've seen, and believe he could be a starter within a year. Gotta try to stay up to date.

Apparently not cause here you are two months later posting about it again...as if you could change it, which you can't.

Apparently not cause here you are two months later posting about it again...as if you could change it, which you can't.

Not changing what I thought then, just answering a post to point out the time.

Back
Top Bottom