Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust?

Is Matt Leinart a Boom or Bust?

• Boom

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Bust

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
Speed, sometimes its just a lost cause. There are certain posters I will avoid debates with because its just not worth your time.

SpeedRush99 said:
He all But said they'd win, yet he backs up what he says? :confused:
Young was mad after his Heisman runner-up, he pretty much guarenteed a win. I guess you didn't read about what he said.

Philter25 said:
Speed, sometimes its just a lost cause. There are certain posters I will avoid debates with because its just not worth your time.
nice to see a 3 year old saying I'm not worth his time :lol:

nick1 said:
Young was mad after his Heisman runner-up, he pretty much guarenteed a win. I guess you didn't read about what he said.

Totally missed the point..............

Philter25 said:

This is true.

Leinert Vs Young

Nick,
The reason many people are not sold on Young having success in the NFL is what has come before him. We have seen that a run-oriented Qb is not going to be as succesful in the NFL as many believe they will be. If he is not a good passer, teams can simply defense him for the run and force him to pass the ball. If he doesnt have the arm and the accuracy along with the ability to recognize and make those throws, then he will never make it. Thats not to say Young won't be a NFL QB, but his passing is whats going to determine that, not his running. He does have bad mechanics that are going to be reworked by any team that drafts him.
Leinert, on the other hand, doesn't have the running ability that Young has, but he has the tools that NFL scouts and coaches know you have to have to play at the pro level. He can make the throws, he can read the defenses past just the first 2 reads and pick up the 3rd option, he can audible out when the setup of the defense dictates the need.

Personally, I think they both will be great Qb's in the NFL, but for me, the safer bet would be Leinert.

nick1 said:
nice to see a 3 year old saying I'm not worth his time :lol:
Some arguments are not worth your time. Certain people have their mind set a certain way, its not just you, there are a good handful of people on here I know religiously feel a certain way about a player, if you disagree with them, its not worth your time to try to argue about it because certain people will not even ATTEMPT to see what the other side is talking about.

Ive had my debate with you about Young and you disagreed with my analysis of Young and his flaws. YOU even pointed out a scout who said EXACTLY WHAT I SAID and you still refused to even acknowledge his flaws. Your comments of Leinart in this thread are hilarious.... like I said, debating with someone who is so hard-nosed on something isnt worth anyones time.

Im a fairly well educated 3 year old btw.

{{{Im a fairly well educated 3 year old btw.[/quote]}}

with a very nice cowbell....

Philter25 said:
Some arguments are not worth your time. Certain people have their mind set a certain way, its not just you, there are a good handful of people on here I know religiously feel a certain way about a player, if you disagree with them, its not worth your time to try to argue about it because certain people will not even ATTEMPT to see what the other side is talking about.

Ive had my debate with you about Young and you disagreed with my analysis of Young and his flaws. YOU even pointed out a scout who said EXACTLY WHAT I SAID and you still refused to even acknowledge his flaws. Your comments of Leinart in this thread are hilarious.... like I said, debating with someone who is so hard-nosed on something isnt worth anyones time.

Im a fairly well educated 3 year old btw.
fair enough

How did a thread about Matt Leinart become the Vince Young Show? :confused:

Well I guess I'll join in then :lol: Out of the "Big 3", I think Young has the biggest boom or bust potential, simply because he's still raw as a passer. Nobody is entirely sure what they'll get from him, he's basically one big question mark and will get drafted high on athletic talent and "potential" alone. He'll either end up being great, or he'll end up being a huge, expensive mistake.

YES you can say that about Leinart/Cutler as well (or any other player in the draft), but with those 2 you pretty much know what you're getting, the question is if they'll be able to read and play up to the speed of NFL defenses. With Young it's different...there's a lot more questions than answers to his game, and that's what makes him a HUGE boom or bust player.

This is just my opinion of course (and I don't hate Young, I hope he ends up being great, I'm just saying there are a lot of questions about his style of play and how it'll succeed in the NFL)

Back
Top Bottom