Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust?

Is Matt Leinart a Boom or Bust?

• Boom

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Bust

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
I think he'll be the best Qb out of the draft. Is it really his fault that Pete Carroll is the best recruiter in college football? Last year I think New Orleans gets a free pass because of Katrina, they've got more talent IMO than the Jets or the Titans.

djfresh47 said:
I think he'll be the best Qb out of the draft. Is it really his fault that Pete Carroll is the best recruiter in college football? Last year I think New Orleans gets a free pass because of Katrina, they've got more talent IMO than the Jets or the Titans.

very true

i dont think hes gonna be a total bust. then again i dont think he'll be one of the elite QBs in the league like Palmer. i think he'll go into the league and get the job done as long as you put him around a talented group. i tell all of my friends that he reminds me of a talented ken dorsey:lol:. w/e, its too early to tell like everyone else has said. he hasnt even gotten drafted!!

i thinks is funny how everyone with Vince Young in their Sig or Avatar seems to have voted bust....

LIQUID24 said:
So because of that ONE play (which is overblown), he's a choker? What about all the other big games he's won? What about all the times he's rallied his team from behind?

You're completely clueless.
Now you can see why he is on my ignore list.:lol:

I think he'll be a bust. He'll be similar to Chad Pennington. He'll be very accurate, but his weak arm will be exposed at the next level. JMO

seems most who think young will be great and leinart will bust are 15 years old. coincidence?

Juan Cribbs said:
seems most who think young will be great and leinart will bust are 15 years old. coincidence?

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Well I for one don't think Leinart is all that and I am not 15 and nor do I think Vince Young is gunna be better. I think Vince Young is in a Huge hole and I think Leinart as soooo much more of a chance to be better. I just think Leinart is not going to be that great of a QB and I actually if I had to pick a QB it would be Jay Cutler. I would stat the reasons about Leinart, But I have lready learned once a player gets sooo popular if you disagree you get blasted.

I would take Leinert out of the 3 of the Qb's if I had the choice. I was leaning towards Cutler for awhile, but Leinert just keeps reminding me of Montana, not neccesarily a big arm, but can still make all the throws, and just seems to win games. Vince Young was a beast in the Rose Bowl, but people forget that Leinert was pretty impressive as well, 29-40 for 365 and a touchdown, 1 pick. I believe you can plug Leinert into almost any system in the NFL today and he would be succesful, Young is going to have to go to a team that builds an offense suited for him to run. And, this is just my own personal opinion, but I dont think Young is as good a runner as Vick is, I don't think his speed is going to be as effective as Vicks is, therefore he is going to have to prove that he can throw the ball well. That being said, I still wouldn't pass him up at #16 unless we had aquired Brees.

My personal rankings and who they most remind me of:

1. Matt Leinert - Smart, tough, leader (Brady, Montana)

2. Jay Cutler - ****y, Big arm, leader (Favre)

3a. Vince Young - Loaded with Raw talent (Mike Vick)

3b. Omar Jacobs - Unlimited potential, (Donovan McNabb)

5. Reggie McNeal - Unlimited potential, probably the best athlete of all the Qbs (Donovan McNabb)

6. Drew Olson - This years sleeper by far, someone is going to STEAL this guy in the 5th round (Matt Schaub)

7. Bruce Gradkowski - A late round steal, possibly still there in the 7th. Likened to some scouts as another Brady (Yeah, Brady)

Qbs I personally would stay away from:,

Charlie Whitehurst - Just something about him screams Heath Shuler..

Brodie Croyle - Too fragile, another Pennington without the accuracy

Kellen Clemens - Not sure why, just a feeling

THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS!:dolphins:

Philter25 said:
So you dont like Leinart's arm strength, but you LIKE Young's? And you are complaining about Leinart's passing game but you LIKE Young's?

I just wanna get this straight........

Their Passing Numbers were very much the same, Leinart was at the max of his college skills, young was just beggining to scratch the surface of his passing talents, paired with his legs thats a deadly combo

Vince doesnt have a cannon, but he does have a stronger arm that Leinart imo

UCFinFan9 said:
i dont think hes gonna be a total bust. then again i dont think he'll be one of the elite QBs in the league like Palmer. i think he'll go into the league and get the job done as long as you put him around a talented group. i tell all of my friends that he reminds me of a talented ken dorsey:lol:. w/e, its too early to tell like everyone else has said. he hasnt even gotten drafted!!

Ive said that so many times and gotten laughed at :lol:

jonanthans said:
I would take Leinert out of the 3 of the Qb's if I had the choice. I was leaning towards Cutler for awhile, but Leinert just keeps reminding me of Montana, not neccesarily a big arm, but can still make all the throws, and just seems to win games. Vince Young was a beast in the Rose Bowl, but people forget that Leinert was pretty impressive as well, 29-40 for 365 and a touchdown, 1 pick. I believe you can plug Leinert into almost any system in the NFL today and he would be succesful, Young is going to have to go to a team that builds an offense suited for him to run. And, this is just my own personal opinion, but I dont think Young is as good a runner as Vick is, I don't think his speed is going to be as effective as Vicks is, therefore he is going to have to prove that he can throw the ball well. That being said, I still wouldn't pass him up at #16 unless we had aquired Brees.

My personal rankings and who they most remind me of:

1. Matt Leinert - Smart, tough, leader (Brady, Montana)

2. Jay Cutler - ****y, Big arm, leader (Favre)

3a. Vince Young - Loaded with Raw talent (Mike Vick)

3b. Omar Jacobs - Unlimited potential, (Donovan McNabb)

5. Reggie McNeal - Unlimited potential, probably the best athlete of all the Qbs (Donovan McNabb)

6. Drew Olson - This years sleeper by far, someone is going to STEAL this guy in the 5th round (Matt Schaub)

7. Bruce Gradkowski - A late round steal, possibly still there in the 7th. Likened to some scouts as another Brady (Yeah, Brady)

Qbs I personally would stay away from:,

Charlie Whitehurst - Just something about him screams Heath Shuler..

Brodie Croyle - Too fragile, another Pennington without the accuracy

Kellen Clemens - Not sure why, just a feeling

THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS!:dolphins:

Nice post. I agree. If we get Brees, I would love to see us draft Olson and groom him. I would be very happy with that situation

Back
Top Bottom