Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Leinart, Boom or Bust?

Is Matt Leinart a Boom or Bust?

• Boom

Votes: 38 76.0%
  • Bust

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
I like Cutler, but I do wonder how much is hype. I cant wait to see him play in the NFL

Cutler looks great i actually was hoping to get him but i dont think that it going to happen because of all the hype that he's getting.

PhinFan0202 said:
Cutler looks great i actually was hoping to get him but i dont think that it going to happen because of all the hype that he's getting.

yeah, I wish he would fall to us, but I really doubt that

jonanthans said:
I would take Leinert out of the 3 of the Qb's if I had the choice. I was leaning towards Cutler for awhile, but Leinert just keeps reminding me of Montana, not neccesarily a big arm, but can still make all the throws, and just seems to win games. Vince Young was a beast in the Rose Bowl, but people forget that Leinert was pretty impressive as well, 29-40 for 365 and a touchdown, 1 pick. I believe you can plug Leinert into almost any system in the NFL today and he would be succesful, Young is going to have to go to a team that builds an offense suited for him to run. And, this is just my own personal opinion, but I dont think Young is as good a runner as Vick is, I don't think his speed is going to be as effective as Vicks is, therefore he is going to have to prove that he can throw the ball well. That being said, I still wouldn't pass him up at #16 unless we had aquired Brees.

My personal rankings and who they most remind me of:

1. Matt Leinert - Smart, tough, leader (Brady, Montana)

2. Jay Cutler - ****y, Big arm, leader (Favre)

3a. Vince Young - Loaded with Raw talent (Mike Vick)

3b. Omar Jacobs - Unlimited potential, (Donovan McNabb)

5. Reggie McNeal - Unlimited potential, probably the best athlete of all the Qbs (Donovan McNabb)

6. Drew Olson - This years sleeper by far, someone is going to STEAL this guy in the 5th round (Matt Schaub)

7. Bruce Gradkowski - A late round steal, possibly still there in the 7th. Likened to some scouts as another Brady (Yeah, Brady)

Qbs I personally would stay away from:,

Charlie Whitehurst - Just something about him screams Heath Shuler..

Brodie Croyle - Too fragile, another Pennington without the accuracy

Kellen Clemens - Not sure why, just a feeling

THESE ARE JUST OPINIONS!:dolphins:

Reggie Mcneal will be converted to WR

Skeet84 said:
Well I for one don't think Leinart is all that and I am not 15 and nor do I think Vince Young is gunna be better. I think Vince Young is in a Huge hole and I think Leinart as soooo much more of a chance to be better. I just think Leinart is not going to be that great of a QB and I actually if I had to pick a QB it would be Jay Cutler. I would stat the reasons about Leinart, But I have lready learned once a player gets sooo popular if you disagree you get blasted.
exactly, if you disagree with someone who is well-liked and than like someone who they seem to dislike you get blasted, that is why they don't like me. Sometimes get excited and don't make sense but I have good points. for example, nobody has yet to makea case for Leinart and why he will be good they are just caught up in one concept that I deleted

nick1 said:
exactly, if you disagree with someone who is well-liked and than like someone who they seem to dislike you get blasted, that is why they don't like me. Sometimes get excited and don't make sense but I have good points. for example, nobody has yet to makea case for Leinart and why he will be good they are just caught up in one concept that I deleted

Don't we all.

Thats an interesting picture choice for your sig. Shows that "unique" throwing motion really well.

SpeedRush99 said:
Don't we all.

Thats an interesting picture choice for your sig. Shows that "unique" throwing motion really well.
and? I don't think he will have to change it, he is tall and athletic so he won't allow anyone to get in his face and tip his pass or bat it down. he dominated college especially this year why question him? he has done nothing but prove his college critics wrong and will do it in the NFL

nick1 said:
and? I don't think he will have to change it, he is tall and athletic so he won't allow anyone to get in his face and tip his pass or bat it down. he dominated college especially this year why question him? he has done nothing but prove his college critics wrong and will do it in the NFL

We shall see......

nick1 said:
the problem with his throwing motion isn't the ball getting knocked down at the line.

Juan Cribbs said:
the problem with his throwing motion isn't the ball getting knocked down at the line.
than what is it? thats what the concern is from the doubters I hear

nick1 said:

Leinart being a choker was an EXCELLENT point....:rolleyes2
the guy has 2 Losses as a starter.

nick1 said:
than what is it? thats what the concern is from the doubters I hear

Since you are so well educated on Young, you should know exactly what his other flaws are in his throwing motion.

vmarcilfan75 said:
Leinart being a choker was an EXCELLENT point....:rolleyes2
the guy has 2 Losses as a starter.
not even a point I meant to bring up but since I did now I'm being chewed out for it, move on to a different point people :shakeno: you just grab on to one point which I erased and look past the rest. So tell me, what makes him so mcuh better than Vince Young? Young has better arm strengh, better overall skills and agruably better intangibles. Young backs up what he says too, he all but said Texas would win the title game and he made sure they did

nick1 said:
not even a point I meant to bring up but since I did now I'm being chewed out for it, move on to a different point people :shakeno: you just grab on to one point which I erased and look past the rest. So tell me, what makes him so mcuh better than Vince Young? Young has better arm strengh, better overall skills and agruably better intangibles. Young backs up what he says too, he all but said Texas would win the title game and he made sure they did

He all But said they'd win, yet he backs up what he says? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom