Matt Moore destroyed these same Jets last year... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore destroyed these same Jets last year...

Moore should have come in after the first possession of the second half. If nothing else it may have been a spark. Gase is NOT the guy. Things fell in place for a wildcard run last year.

I think that's true in the vast majority of cases, but think about how New England performed in New Orleans last week, and ask yourself if that had anything to do with their identity as a team.

The problem as I saw it yesterday is that a team that believes it's good and believes it has a shot to contend at a high level probably doesn't come out looking as inept as the Dolphins did yesterday. They see each week as a part of what it takes to get to their ultimate destiny as perhaps a Super Bowl team, and they play accordingly, with that long-term goal guiding and inspiring them.

This is how New England came out and walloped New Orleans last week. They weren't going to let their week one performance disturb their long-term view of themselves.

By contrast, I have to wonder what this team really believes about itself in terms of its potential.

But look at the Patriots' performance yesterday at home against a rookie QB. They were within a hair of dropping to 1-2. There was no carryover from the Saints victory.

Or consider 3 years ago when the Dolphins beat the Patriots 33-20 in the opener. And later that year when the Chiefs drubbed the Patriots 41-14 on MNF and some proclaimed the beginning of the end of the Patriots dynasty. That was a Week 4 game, I believe, and the Patriots ended up winning the Superbowl.

Last edited:
We win that game with a decent quarterback.

No running game, no blocking, and no qb play.

We wouldn't win that game with Moore. We wouldn't win that game with Tannehill.

The jets murdered us in the trenches

Last edited by a moderator:
We need to shorten Training Camp to 2 weeks, and put them in dresses, so they won't get so tired...

And his reward for that was... nothing. He had a top 3 QB rating over the last few weeks of the season. Our front office responds by going out and signing a guy out of the buffet booth and giving him a $10 million deal. Meanwhile Matt Moore sits there rotting, again. He is just as good as Cutler, if not way better, and he knows the WR's. This lets me know the coaching staff and front office really don't get it.

fwiw, Cutler is a missed kick from 0-2.

Why did we get rid of the "unlike" option on articles....

that is not the same jets as last year. the safety and qb positions are upgraded

fundamental fact about football, it doesn't matter what your team did last year against their team.

Very true. In fact you could argue that there's a lot of truth to it when you meet multiple times (division games or playoffs) in the same season.

I'm not touting Moore as the answer, but believe Cutler will get us no more wins that Moore would have this season after Tannehill went down.

LOL. Josh McCown looked like a Pro Bowler against us and he has a 19-44 record as a starter. 19 friggin wins in 15 years. Last week he had a 127 QB rating with half the talent that Miami has on the offense. The week before Rivers had a 111 rating.

Last week was about intensity and Miami had none of it.

And his reward for that was... nothing. He had a top 3 QB rating over the last few weeks of the season. Our front office responds by going out and signing a guy out of the buffet booth and giving him a $10 million deal. Meanwhile Matt Moore sits there rotting, again. He is just as good as Cutler, if not way better, and he knows the WR's. This lets me know the coaching staff and front office really don't get it.

fwiw, Cutler is a missed kick from 0-2.

Cutler was only part of the problem.. oline, wr's, lbers, db's, special teams, coaching and just about everything else was also a problem

To place blame on a single person is ridiculous. The WHOLE TEAM PLAYED LIKE ****!! Moore wouldn't have come in and made us comeback. We were letting Josh Mccown treat us like he's Brady. I'm shocked people are saying Gase is a flop or "not the guy" after losing one game. He acknowledged how terrible the team was and himself as a offensive mind. As bad as Cutler looked, to be fair he had no time(I'm a Tunsil supporter but he has sucked so far). Ajayi ran into a brick wall the second he got the ball. They outplayed and outcoached us. Simple as that. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain by beating their hated rivals. If Matt Moore was this godsend, in all seriousness can someone tell me why he's been a content back up for years now. Mike Glennon got $15 mil a year lol Why would the great Matt Moore not first of all want to be a starting QB(every competitor should) and secondly why wouldn't he want to chase a contract if he was a legit starter? I think he knows what he is. He's a GREAT back up and a Mccown like starter. The Jets stopped the run which took us away from our gameplan and we allowed Mccown to tear us apart. All around joke of a performance

Back
Top Bottom