Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore lovers....See why we got Cutler?

Yeah, you call yourself a Dolphins fan. Laughable. We are still 4-3 and will win a few more games. Sorry you will have a miserable season.
Really, no need to be sorry. I gave up on the season back in August. I'm just being a realist. I've been a fan since 1970 and I'm tired of this mediocrity. I just want to see it get fixed. The last three or four years they've been trying to win with a patchwork team. It might get us in the playoffs but against any quality we get embarrassed. I've been negative towards Matt Moore for the past four years, and that I've been very consistent. He's terrible during the preseason, something I really enjoy viewing, if he can't perform positively against the other teams scrubs why would anyone think he could be effective against starters? Go on what your fantasies if you like but this team even if it makes the playoffs is going nowhere and all will be stuck with is a middle-of-the-road draft pick again.

And you are bumping this why? Sorry but neither Moore or Cutler are QBs you want starting for you. You're fooling yourself if you think tonight's outcome would be much different with Cutler under center.
I believe there's pressure on the head coach to win now. This is fundamentally wrong. The team needs to rebuild and I think it's obvious at the offense of line. We had a chance spring and the front office decided to go in another direction. Obviously it's showing

Moore and Cutler are both no different from average overall. Neither buys you any edge at the quarterback position in the NFL.

Really, no need to be sorry. I gave up on the season back in August. I'm just being a realist. I've been a fan since 1970 and I'm tired of this mediocrity. I just want to see it get fixed. The last three or four years they've been trying to win with a patchwork team. It might get us in the playoffs but against any quality we get embarrassed. I've been negative towards Matt Moore for the past four years, and that I've been very consistent. He's terrible during the preseason, something I really enjoy viewing, if he can't perform positively against the other teams scrubs why would anyone think he could be effective against starters? Go on what your fantasies if you like but this team even if it makes the playoffs is going nowhere and all will be stuck with is a middle-of-the-road draft pick again.
You must have hated the Marino years as well. Because the 90s were well known to be mediocre or slightly above, good enough for the playoffs but usually get kicked out in the first or second round. You really must have been miserable for 95% of your Dolfan fan life only liking the early 70s. Dam.

Thanks for your analysis, but I don't recall asking for it. But yes the Marino years did start to have special stench around them near the end. because the team had no defense. Still under Shula we always had a chance. It's funny how are getting close2 the same amount of years of mediocrity compared to what we were exposed to earlier. I like how you tried out paint me as a miserable fan just because I don't fit your MO. Really it's laughable for you to be judging from such a small profile. Just shows your own immaturity. Don't worry about that, if you live long enough life has a tendency to have its own fixes. Namaste!

Thanks for your analysis, but I don't recall asking for it. But yes the Marino years did start to have special stench around them near the end. because the team had no defense. Still under Shula we always had a chance. It's funny how are getting close2 the same amount of years of mediocrity compared to what we were exposed to earlier. I like how you tried out paint me as a miserable fan just because I don't fit your MO. Really it's laughable for you to be judging from such a small profile. Just shows your own immaturity. Don't worry about that, if you live long enough life has a tendency to have its own fixes. Namaste!

We missed the playoffs 6 of the 13 years Shula had Marino and he refused to fire his DC while Marino was setting passing records. What chance are you talking about? When he got his pants pulled down by Bill Walsh? When he had a second half meltdown in San Diego because the power went out at halftime? When he lost to the Patriots at home in the AFC title game? When Marv Levy owned him in the early 90s? There was no chance; he wasted a once in a generation talent. Jimmy Johnson had a 35 year old Marino and drafted a defense that included Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Pat Surtain. Jimmy Johnson with a 28 year old Marino wins multiple super bowls.

I felt we were going to score 40 points last week. Right number, wrong team.

I find it interesting that Gase talked about the team not doing their jobs. The situation in this locker room isn't about Gase losing the team, its about the team losing Gases' confidence. If I were a member of this team I would be shaking in my boots. Gase does not overstate things. He will take action when he sees a need and right now I think he sees a need. I would not be surprised if this week some marginal players are dropped or some upper rank players are benched or some FA's are brought in or any combination of these potential events.

Lets see how well we play next week to see if what the Coach has said and what he will do makes a difference.

I am still optimistic for the season. I see this last game as a final piece of bad luck that will catalyze this team to play its best for the rest of the season.

We missed the playoffs 6 of the 13 years Shula had Marino and he refused to fire his DC while Marino was setting passing records. What chance are you talking about? When he got his pants pulled down by Bill Walsh? When he had a second half meltdown in San Diego because the power went out at halftime? When he lost to the Patriots at home in the AFC title game? When Marv Levy owned him in the early 90s? There was no chance; he wasted a once in a generation talent. Jimmy Johnson had a 35 year old Marino and drafted a defense that included Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, Sam Madison, and Pat Surtain. Jimmy Johnson with a 28 year old Marino wins multiple super bowls.
Yeah, I believe Marino was the most talented quarterback, but not the best and probably his own worst enemy at times. I feel bad for him that he never got to win the big one, but when you look at all sports there are lots of guys who never won a championship that definitely deserved it and on the other side of the coin many jerks that had no business that have multiple rings. Like Clint Eastwood said, "deserving has nothing to do with it"

Look, this team was completely snake bitten from the start. Injuries to key personnel, and then the weather put this team behind the eight ball before it even played a down. I just hate them squeaking by in these games that mean nothing. I would feel different if they looked good winning but they haven't at all this year. Not one victory, and there is no way they're going to be the higher echelon teams come playoffs if they make it. All this does is the way the turnaround further. No matter who the head coach is. That's my opinion anyway

Back
Top Bottom